3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

To me it's not about Jones being good with Shanahan. ANY QB you take in the top 5 with Shanny should be good, but is that the end goal? You don't want go into high powered match ups with a QB and say to yourself, "you know what, even if our defense doesn't bring it, we have a QB that can out-duel the likes of Mahomes or Rodgers or Brady or Wilson?" Why continue to just hope for good QB play when you can get GREAT QB potentially and can have someone single handedly will your team to wins? Is Shanny's thinking that small that he just wants a good reliable QB for the next so and so years? Why go after QBs that will have a certain level of a ceiling? 

Best Exactly GIFs | Gfycat

It was all Lance before the trade. After the trade, it became all Jones. I bet you in about 2 weeks, there will be an anonymous tip that Fields is the guy. Then, the narrative will be Fields leading up to the draft. 

No one knows a damn thing and it's fun and scary at the same time. It's fun from an entertainment stand point but scary from a fan stand point because there is a 66% chance the team doesn't pick the guy you feel will be successful. 

Are we playing Russian draft roulette?  

I'm at the point where I don't think Kyle will take Jones. His limitations are so obvious and I think Kyle is tired of getting whooped up on these QBs that can create. I think it's gotta be either Wilson, Fields, or Lance. It just doesn't make any sense to me that we'd give up this type of draft capital for a guy with such a limited upside. I'm going to let logic prevail on my thinking regarding this until it doesn't. 

• Like 2

Being a big 10 fan, I would be pissed if we do not draft Fields.  Everytime I watched him it seemed like he never missed a pass and was just a juggernaut.  As much as I hate Ohio State I still appreciate the talent on the team.  I did not think the same way with Haskins.  To me, Fields will be a beast at the NFL level.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GW21 said:

Classic reverse psychology. Make everyone think you are taking Mac Jones or Trey Lance then boom! Justin Fields out of no where. 

Why would they need to do that? Lawrence once, then Wilson two. So it would serve no purpose.

(Nevermind, I saw that you were thinking a mind f@$k with The Jets)

Edited by mrscottso
New info

12 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Question is do we root for Jimmy to go crazy this year 😂. Screw it I hope that happens. If we draft Mac. Facebook niner fans will be rooting for Jimmy lol. 

No matter who we get I am rooting for Jimmy to do well this year. He does well, it's good for us. Be nice to win the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/4/2/22363917/graziano-i-cant-rule-out-trey-lance-as-a-possibility-at-no-3-for-the-49ers

“All you hear is Mac Jones, Mac Jones to (the) 49ers. I mean, that’s all over the league, and it could happen. He could be their guy. But conversations that I’ve had in the last couple of days have led me to think that I can’t rule out Trey Lance as a possibility.

Feels like the media is - 80% Jones, 20% Lance, 0% Fields

So of course, watch Fields be the pick lol

24 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

Why would they need to do that? Lawrence once, then Wilson two. So it would serve no purpose.

(Nevermind, I saw that you were thinking a mind f@$k with The Jets)

I was talking about our pick at this point lol. I get what you are saying about there being no purpose behind us putting out a smoke screen, but what makes sense in these crazy times? I think you and I know about as much about what our FO is thinking as the media does at this point. My comment later about trolling would be just absolutely perfect to me though. Having Fields, Wilson, and Lance all sitting there when we picked would be a dream come true. I gotta say, I'm not sure Wilson is as locked in at #2 on my list for me as he once was; I really like what I've seen from Fields. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/heres-the-catch-a-show-about-the-san-francisco-49ers/id1477394805

Barrows & David Lombardi's new podcast. 

Barrows thinks Shanny will pick Lance at #3 to learn for a year under Jimmy G

So Barrows, Biderman, Albright think Lance....and everyone else thinks Jones

Robert Mays thinks that Mac isn't the guy either. He didn't differentiate on Lance / Fields though. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Robert Mays thinks that Mac isn't the guy either. He didn't differentiate on Lance / Fields though. 

It seems interesting to me that the people picking Lance are mostly the ones who are analysing Shanny's comments in his press conference, noting that the Shanny offense only won superbowls with "complete package" type players like Elway & Young, came up short with pocket passers like Ryan & Jimmy G, the dynamics of the trade, whether Shanny has learned from mistakes like passing on Mahomes & Watson, losing notable games to mobile QB's (SB loss to KC, loss to BUF)

And the people picking Jones are mostly ones claiming inside info on what they're hearing around the league. Schefter, King, Maiocco, Jeremiah, Dan Patrick, Michael Lombardi etc are saying they're hearing from sources, or essentially reporting on what the league gossip is. Are these sources guessing? Are niner scouts leaking info or just having casual conversations getting leaked? And do niner scouts even know who they're picking? Would not surprise me if ONLY Shanny & Lynch know. 

Edited by 49ersfan

45 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/heres-the-catch-a-show-about-the-san-francisco-49ers/id1477394805

Barrows & David Lombardi's new podcast. 

Barrows thinks Shanny will pick Lance at #3 to learn for a year under Jimmy G

So Barrows, Biderman, Albright think Lance....and everyone else thinks Jones

But is this just hive mind? 

For example: Person #1 thinks it's Lance and then person #2 thinks it's Lance because the person #1 thinks that, then person #3 goes with Lance because the first two people are credible people. 

Suddenly, the "insider rumors" are now pointing to Lance for no other reason than person #1 thinks it's Lance.