Jump to content

3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)


Which QB?  

90 members have voted

  1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

    • Trey Lance
      13
    • Justin Fields
      48
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
      29
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

    • Yes
      62
    • No
      26

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Lol

Love it. Our FO knows exactly what's it's doing with every word to every workout they go to...or don't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be upset if it's not Fields as the pick. I believe 100% those negative comments out there were floated by teams behind us wanting Fields to drop. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sherm said:

I will be upset if it's not Fields as the pick. I believe 100% those negative comments out there were floated by teams behind us wanting Fields to drop. 

I won't be upset if it's Lance. I'd be disappointed, but I'd get it. Fields >>> Lance

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Y'all hear Mike Shanahan was at Fields proday? 

I heard that story about lance's pro day. I don't think it's real though

Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be the only person on this forum who thinks Jones is the best QB out of what will probably be our 3 options. Don’t know why we needed to trade to 3 to get him, but I think he is the top of these three guys. 
 

Watched every play of Fields. Poor pocket presence and vision. If his eyes are down the field, he does not pick up pressure. Defenses will blitz in his face and he either won’t see the field or the blitz, but he doesn’t see both. Best arm talent out of the three, I just don’t know that presence can be taught. His deep ball is so pretty, so I wanna like him, I just don’t think he’ll ever get it though. Overall accuracy is awesome. 
 

Lance is so raw it’s just tough to say. Video was tough to watch cuz of poor quality so that made it a little unfair to him. Seemed like he never leads his target. Receivers were wide open when he hit them, but I could have hit them when they’re that open. I’m no coach, so I’ll just say if they go Lance, good for them, they’re seeing something that I just can’t see and wouldn’t know how to coach up. But the talent is there.... as long as they think his flaws are easily fixable. 
 

Jones has the kind of pocket presence that drives me insane. Pass rush is right there and one step up or to the side and the end flies right by him. Eyes always downfield and moved effortlessly to avoid pressure. Slowest by far but awareness makes him hardest to sack out of the three. Quick release and gets it out right before being hit. Seems like he leads his receiver perfectly. Feel like the YAC yards would increase. Worst arm of the three but his deep ball is accurate, although not as nice as Fields. Great ability to throw off balance and without his feet underneath him. Love his ability to look good in an unclean pocket. Uses the whole field. Effective pump fakes that always seem to create space. 
 

So in a month when they call Jones’ name I’m going to be giving high fives that we got our QB of the future, and I may be the only one. 
 

**Also should say, I don’t think he is the next Brady. I think he’s a little better than Jimmy will be, but not a giant improvement. Hoping I’m wrong if we take him, but I see him as just a good starter, maybe a couple pro bowls at best, which probably isn’t worth three first rounders. Maybe 2.....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

I heard that story about lance's pro day. I don't think it's real though

Yeah I'm trying to see if there's any real sources but it seems like hearsay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah I'm trying to see if there's any real sources but it seems like hearsay. 

I don't think it's legit. I don't know how he gets in. He's not with a team and the pro days were restricted. Teams couldn't send more than 3 people, etc

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think it's legit. I don't know how he gets in. He's not with a team and the pro days were restricted. Teams couldn't send more than 3 people, etc

I didn't even think of that haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

So hears my take, Niners are the ones leaking about Mac and Lance because Kyle loves Fields. They aren't actually sure the Jets are 100 percent in on Wilson. Kyle also like Wilson but loves Fields. There trying to throw out so much stuff on Mac because he is a typical Kyle QB but that's not what truly likes and it's starting to come out he wants Dual threat in at his QB (Fields sticks to the system and when all fails uses his legs and Kyle loves that. Now we hear that Mac is locked to be the pick via the Dan Patrick lol. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Like what if Kyle told Chris Simms to say the pick is Mac to help his buddy out get Fields. Chris doesn't actually know who Kyle wants. But knows it's not Mac.

Edited by 49erurtaza
Link to post
Share on other sites

matt maiocco right away said he thinks the pick is Fields then hours later says he actually thinks it's Mac because he fits what zkyle has had before.just seems all the same answer by everybody for why it's Mac and not why it's Fields.

Edited by 49erurtaza
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Like what if Kyle told Chris Simms to say the pick is Mac to help his buddy out get Fields. Chris doesn't actually know who Kyle wants. But knows it's not Mac.

I'm sure Simms will show some deference, but not too much.

He did hide how much we loved Aiyuk last year. I dont remember who he mocked to us though, or if he was as down on Aiyuk publicly as he is on Fields/Lance

I do find it interesting that 80% of the media thinks we want Jones based off essentially league gossip, 20% seem to analyze and think we want Lance, and nobody seems to link us to Fields. Like you listen to different podcasts, read articles etc its generally Jones or Lance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

So hears my take, Niners are the ones leaking about Mac and Lance because Kyle loves Fields. They aren't actually sure the Jets are 100 percent in on Wilson. Kyle also like Wilson but loves Fields. There trying to throw out so much stuff on Mac because he is a typical Kyle QB but that's not what truly likes and it's starting to come out he wants Dual threat in at his QB (Fields sticks to the system and when all fails uses his legs and Kyle loves that. Now we hear that Mac is locked to be the pick via the Dan Patrick lol. 

This is exactly what I posted a few days ago in a long winded rant. We are smoke screening the crap out of the Jets right now. If they think Kyle *prefers* a dual threat QB, they may potentially change their mind and decide to take fields. 

Jets are going to be chasing our shadow for a few years lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...