3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

33 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Good to known yeah everyone always talks about the northwestern gamem So it's good to know there was 22 players out lol. 

It's still worthwhile to watch, mind you. He struggled, and he should be held accountable for it. But there's just a little more context than "Justin Fields play bad" 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's still worthwhile to watch, mind you. He struggled, and he should be held accountable for it. But there's just a little more context than "Justin Fields play bad" 

My amateur take from that game is yes, he did struggle, but, what the hell were the IOL doing that game? And why the hell didn't the coaches make adjustments? Fields was under duress before the routes even developed and he had 0 hot reads to bail him out. No QB can perform well under these condition IMO.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ioh forsure I'm going to net pick him. 

5 minutes ago, Psychlone said:

My amateur take from that game is yes, he did struggle, but, what the hell were the IOL doing that game? And why the hell didn't the coaches make adjustments? Fields was under duress before the routes even developed and he had 0 hot reads to bail him out. No QB can perform well under these condition IMO.

I feel like IOL so far has looked bad first 3 games.

2 hours ago, Psychlone said:

Huge issue with OSU offense. They very rarely had checkdowns or hots to help him out

1 hour ago, gridirongorilla said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, has an Ohio State qb ever been drafted in the top-10 and gone on to have a great career in the nfl? 

I dont like that argument at all man... Texas Tech before Mahomes, Clemson before Watson, Cal before Rodgers, etc etc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gridirongorilla said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, has an Ohio State qb ever been drafted in the top-10 and gone on to have a great career in the nfl? 

How many successful QBs from Texas Tech before Mahomes? Tedford QB before Rodgers? The last successful Alabama QB was probably Kenny Stabler. 

OSU has had two QBs taken in the top 10 and the last one was 1982

17 minutes ago, adamq said:

I dont like that argument at all man... Texas Tech before Mahomes, Clemson before Watson, Cal before Rodgers, etc etc

Oh, you already got to it 

And you even used some of the same examples lol 

• Like 1

One reason I want Lance or Fields is being able to add that dimension of the read option in the RZ. That is so huge in the red zone and benefits dual threat QBs. Our RZ offense with Shanny has never been great and I think majority of the top RZ offenses in the league have a QB that can score with their feet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Psychlone said:

And Northwestern played obvious quarters coverage with four deep defenders all night with Ohio State missing receivers and Ohio State didn't turn to a shorter passing game or just run the ball with their jumbo qb until NW got out of it. They just kept running three and four verts into quarters. Coaching malpractice.

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 3