3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

7 minutes ago, John232 said:

Hysterical listening Brian Peacock on locked on 49ers. He’s legit losing his mind on the idea of Mac Jones going 3. Just the pod now, him losing his mind.

It was hilarious. I Love Brian. 

He wasn't even a Mac fan at 12...the idea of moving all that to get up to 3 for Mac is going to drive the poor guy insane. 

Just now, GW21 said:

But now Atlanta is open for business at 4. So naturally we are taking Lance at 3. You can spin this any way you want. 

This only applies on the when the Autumnal equinox lands on september 23 on even numbered years in the 1990's. 

17 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Lynch to Shanny: "You wanna ask him anything?"

Shanny to Lynch: "No, MF'er just gonna lie to us and tells us Mac is Jesus reborn."

Lynch to Shanny: LMAO "truth. Let's head up to Columbus and see what our boy is getting up to with his pro day."

I wish I could like this so many times. 

8 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

At least I have a month to get over the Mac Jones pick. It’s not like previous drafts where I got hit with Kinlaw and McGlinchey projections the day of the draft. 

I think both those picks were discussed on here as realistic possibilities weeks before the draft. For the most part, our 1st rounders have been pretty predictable in terms of the media linking us to prospects and/or what we discuss in this board. Which is what worries me that it could be Jones...the media has been right on our 1st rounders before, and Shanny will always trade up for his guy without a care on what other people think

I don't think we're smokescreening, but if the Jets are locked in on Wilson, is there a point in letting a false narrative play out? I can't remember the last 1st round pick this regime made where they weren't linked to a player, and almost nobody credible seems to link us to Lance or Fields anymore.

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I think both those picks were discussed on here as realistic possibilities weeks before the draft. For the most part, our 1st rounders have been pretty predictable in terms of the media linking us to prospects and/or what we discuss in this board. Which is what worries me that it could be Jones...the media has been right on our 1st rounders before, and Shanny will always trade up for his guy without a care on what other people think

I don't think we're smokescreening, but if the Jets are locked in on Wilson, is there a point in letting a false narrative play out? I can't remember the last 1st round pick this regime made where they weren't linked to a player, and almost nobody credible seems to link us to Lance or Fields anymore.

Barrows says Lance, FWIW he says no inside info though. Kawakami says Fields with the same deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

See this was my belief the whole time when we traded up. There were rumors that ATL liked Lance and they would have selected him, so when we traded up in front of them I said, sooooo it has to be for Lance. Of course that’s when everyone started putting out the Mac rumors, so now I have no idea! I guess the Niners just want to get their guy regardless of where they have to select him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by StevenK

I was thinking about a potential trade with NE we could still make during the draft:

NE receives- Jimmy Garoppolo & pick #43 (drafttek value 470)
SF receives- Pick #15 (drafttek value 1050) 

We could throw in another mid late round pick as well, but that would give us the value of a high second round pick for Jimmy G. Not sure if the Pats would go for it, but if our FO is targeting someone like Najee Harris still that would put them right back in the range to trade back up and snag him. 

42 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I was thinking about a potential trade with NE we could still make during the draft:

NE receives- Jimmy Garoppolo & pick #43 (drafttek value 470)
SF receives- Pick #15 (drafttek value 1050) 

We could throw in another mid late round pick as well, but that would give us the value of a high second round pick for Jimmy G. Not sure if the Pats would go for it, but if our FO is targeting someone like Najee Harris still that would put them right back in the range to trade back up and snag him. 

Lmao we could probably get Horn at 15 infront of the cards. But talking about running back who's some guys we might target in the 2nd or 3rd round?

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lmao we could probably get Horn at 15 infront of the cards. But talking about running back who's some guys we might target in the 2nd or 3rd round?

There was a report that said we had been in contact with Harris quite frequently, so Harris is just an example of a player we might be looking to trade up for. Personally I love Javonte Williams as far as RBs go. 

I will admit, kind of weird that Shefty is into this so much as well, but I still don't see anything here that is anything more than, "this is what I think for reasons". No sourcing or anything like that. Just people's opinions.