3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will admit, kind of weird that Shefty is into this so much as well, but I still don't see anything here that is anything more than, "this is what I think for reasons". No sourcing or anything like that. Just people's opinions. 

Yeah I'm surprised he's running with it too but at this point why not since most folks are...

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will admit, kind of weird that Shefty is into this so much as well, but I still don't see anything here that is anything more than, "this is what I think for reasons". No sourcing or anything like that. Just people's opinions. 

Although when we don't pick Jones, shefty will say: SF liked but were more Intrigued by <insert Fields/Lance>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I feel like this is going to be a really good opportunity bet wise pretty soon. 

I just checked, McCorkle is -190 on fan duel and fields is +160 

-190 oooffffff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I don't think we're smokescreening, but if the Jets are locked in on Wilson, is there a point in letting a false narrative play out? I can't remember the last 1st round pick this regime made where they weren't linked to a player, and almost nobody credible seems to link us to Lance or Fields anymore.

I always think this is the wrong question to ask because why wouldn't you? Divulging the information only helps other teams and letting the narrative play out hinders the 49ers not at all. So people ask why you do that and what's the point, but the answer is always the same. Why wouldn't you? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Listened to a blurb of this on Instargram. He said our plan is to draft Mac Jones & keep Jimmy

I really, really, really hope thats not our plan. It makes no sense. Like, Jones is widely viewed as the worst of the 3, but at least he could step in day 1. But no, we'll keep Jimmy G, keep his $25M hit, and waste a valuable rookie contract year? 

Reminds me of when Peter King said the asking price for Darnold was a 2nd, and the Niners could trade for Darnold to sit behind Jimmy. I think that wasn't even his opinion, i bellieve he specifically attributed that to a "source close to the niners" (correct me if im wrong). That was a bad idea and didn't happen, and i hope that drafting Jones to sit behind Jimmy, or drafting him at all, doesn't happen either.

Edited by 49ersfan

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I always think this is the wrong question to ask because why wouldn't you? Divulging the information only helps other teams and letting the narrative play out hinders the 49ers not at all. So people ask why you do that and what's the point, but the answer is always the same. Why wouldn't you? 

to add to this @49ersfan

The jets pick isnt set in stone. They could still change their mind and draft the guy we tell the world we want. There is no benefit in saying anything right now. 

I feel like the football world is operating under several assumptions, one of which is that kyle doesnt want a qb who can run. I think this is false. I think he would prefer someone who could run and throw, but that he wont take a runner if the guy cant also throw.

We dont want the jets to know that we are into a guy who can run. They may change the way they evaluate QBs.. "well, if kyle wants fields, maybe we should take him instead"

• Like 1