3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

I still dont understand the hard smokescreen at this point if that is the case. We arent trying to bait teams up to trade out...we know that Lawrence and Wilson are going 1 and 2 and the JAGS and JETS are not moving out of position unless they are offered one of the biggest trades in history. We have the very next pick, not many reasons to try and be so misleading.....unless this is just fun for Shanny and Lynch, then I understand it.

I don't really think it is a smokescreen or misinformation put out there by our FO. I think at this point it's just one person's idea that someone else liked until it snowballed into what it is today. There is no benefit to us to come out and deny that we have interest in Jones. Hypothetical situation: Say we had Mac Jones rated behind Justin Fields and came out and said we don't value Jones at 3 and he's not our top rated player, then Fields refuses to play for us, has a major injury training, gets arrested, whatever; now we have to deal with the awkward situation of drafting a guy to be the face of our franchise moving forward that knows he wasn't who we really wanted. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don't really think it is a smokescreen or misinformation put out there by our FO. I think at this point it's just one person's idea that someone else liked until it snowballed into what it is today. There is no benefit to us to come out and deny that we have interest in Jones. Hypothetical situation: Say we had Mac Jones rated behind Justin Fields and came out and said we don't value Jones at 3 and he's not our top rated player, then Fields refuses to play for us, has a major injury training, gets arrested, whatever; now we have to deal with the awkward situation of drafting a guy to be the face of our franchise moving forward that knows he wasn't who we really wanted. 

Oh I Understand that part, i just dont buy into the Niners purposely trying to smokescreen to throw people off all that much

They have nothing to hide this year. And while it’s all conjecture at this point, one former 49ers employee I spoke to this week said he believes there’s a “95 percent chance” Jones is the pick.

The amazing part is that this is the closest source to the organization that has been identified during all this. 

21 hours ago, Forge said:

Mac Jones got me quoting and agreeing with lombardi. That alone should make him undraftable 

Didn't he become undraftable when he tweeted that he believed in Blake Bortles?

• Like 1

Just now, rudyZ said:

Didn't he become undraftable when he tweeted that he believed in Blake Bortles?

OMG....the rare double undraftable? So undraftable he'd make it through both the NFL and CFL draft? It's like a unicorn! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Yeah.. I always thought the interest in Mac Jones started because we were interested in him back when we were at 12. But that doesn't mean he was our favourite QB. How could he be... he's at least behind Lawrence and Wilson, most people agree with that. But nobody knows whether we have Fields or Lance or both ahead of him. And if we're interested in either of them, and feel we have to move up to 3, the FO was under no obligation to update the media on who they like. 

And as you mentioned, don't tip your hand. These guys still have several weeks to make themselves undraftable. We can maintain plausible deniability. Oh, it was this guy all along, right!

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

OMG....the rare double undraftable? So undraftable he'd make it through both the NFL and CFL draft? It's like a unicorn! 

He'd still get drafted in the XFL, though. Or the FCF.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

And as you mentioned, don't tip your hand. These guys still have several weeks to make themselves undraftable. We can maintain plausible deniability. Oh, it was this guy all along, right!

It's crazy how easily that can happen these days. All it takes is an aged tweet about Blake Bortles or a present day tweet from David Lombardi. These guys better mind their Ps and Qs! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

It's crazy how easily that can happen these days. All it takes is an aged tweet about Blake Bortles or a present day tweet from David Lombardi. These guys better mind their Ps and Qs! 

I think many prospects have stopped hitting up massage therapists on instagram, lately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

How many Superbowls would Jones have to win to change people's minds?

Honestly, I dont think it is how many, but I think it is how soon. That may sounds weird, but there are QB's that have been drafted before #3 and have only won 1 SB and still considered to have great careers and worthy of the pick. I think it is more of a matter of, does this player elevate the team and are we successful because of him in large part OR in spite of them.

I dont think SB's directly translates to a successful player, but for QB's it kinda does. I just want a player that elevates this team and makes players better around them, thats what you expect from a player drafted in the top 5

• Like 2

You know, that whole tidbit with Saban might be a bigger tell than we're letting on. I don't know for what...

But given Jones having 2 DUI's..our checkered past with Foster and Saban lying through his teeth..I really, really have a hard time seeing 49ers investing into a guy with subpar physical skills..good but not great arm...and now potential character issues? Worth noting..my own bias..I think 2 DUI's shows pretty atrocious decision making. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ninerholic said:

This is such a shame too. I was a HUGE Shanny fan. I was excited for the future with him and John. If they draft Jones my feelings for this organization will be pretty much....meh for a long time. There will be no defending Shanny. And those days of saying "in Shanny we trust" will be long gone

Agreed, and this is probably the thing that will shatter my (so far) unwavering belief in our coach. Kyle hasnt been perfect, but hes 41 years old. He could coach us for 20 years and still be 10 years younger than BB is today. I am confident he will win (multiple) superbowl(s) as a HC, but if he takes freaking mccorkle jones with wilson/fields on the board, I will throw that reasoning out the window. It would make me question if we are ever going to win a superbowl in my adult life. 

Crazy that this is the cross roads we are at right now. Its nuts actually.

• Like 2