3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

You know, that whole tidbit with Saban might be a bigger tell than we're letting on. I don't know for what...

But given Jones having 2 DUI's..our checkered past with Foster and Saban lying through his teeth..I really, really have a hard time seeing 49ers investing into a guy with subpar physical skills..good but not great arm...and now potential character issues? Worth noting..my own bias..I think 2 DUI's shows pretty atrocious decision making. 

Great post! I obviously agree, as evidenced by the first post in this thread

On 3/26/2021 at 11:09 PM, N4L said:

Honestly, it feels like we traded up because we wanted to avoid being forced to take Jones. Lol. Let's not forget that Nick Saban gave us bad Intel on Ruben foster and that we have not drafted an Alabama player since that time. This regime talks about how they got good Intel on Deebo from south Carolinas coach, and that was a reason they felt comfortable drafting kinlaw when he gave them good reviews again. That sort of stuff matters. I just can't see us drafting Jones at 3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John232 said:

You know, that whole tidbit with Saban might be a bigger tell than we're letting on. I don't know for what...

But given Jones having 2 DUI's..our checkered past with Foster and Saban lying through his teeth..I really, really have a hard time seeing 49ers investing into a guy with subpar physical skills..good but not great arm...and now potential character issues? Worth noting..my own bias..I think 2 DUI's shows pretty atrocious decision making. 

Is it 2 DUIs? I can't find anything on the 2nd one. But still he has anger issues from understanding, a DUI maybe 2, on top of that rumors are he's big into drinking beer reason why he has a belly. If they where going to draft a guy with those issues I doubt it be from a team like alabama where we have been burned before from trusting what they told us. 

I love this fluff piece on Fields that King put together and then completely leaving us out. I know @Forge is here for the meltdowns if we take Mac & Cheese, but I think it’ll be equally as entertaining watching all of these ‘experts’ explain themselves after being so sure of this pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/05/justin-fields-dan-orlovsky-nfl-draft-fmia-peter-king/

In an ideal world, Fields goes to a team with no pressure to play right away and a good teacher of the position: Atlanta (head coach Arthur Smith) at four, New England (offensive coordinator John McDaniels) at 15 or with a trade-up, or New Orleans (Sean Payton, though the Saints pick 28th).

Edited by GW21
Apparently I can’t figure out the quote function on my phone anymore.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I love this fluff piece on Fields that King put together and then completely leaving us out. I know @Forge is here for the meltdowns if we take Mac & Cheese, but I think it’ll be equally as entertaining watching all of these ‘experts’ explain themselves after being so sure of this pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/05/justin-fields-dan-orlovsky-nfl-draft-fmia-peter-king/

In an ideal world, Fields goes to a team with no pressure to play right away and a good teacher of the position: Atlanta (head coach Arthur Smith) at four, New England (offensive coordinator John McDaniels) at 15 or with a trade-up, or New Orleans (Sean Payton, though the Saints pick 28th).

That's truthfully the thing that annoys me. They won't have to. I just want to stand up and say, "yeah, you know...I didn't hear anything, was just going with the flow"

I'm not here for the meltdowns so much. I've known you guys for too long. Our pain is communal with the ones who are happy pulling is out of the duldrums.

I'm on Twitter for the meltdowns lol

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's truthfully the thing that annoys me. They won't have to. I just want to stand up and say, "yeah, you know...I didn't hear anything, was just going with the flow"

I'm not here for the meltdowns so much. I've known you guys for too long. Our pain is communal with the ones who are happy pulling is out of the duldrums.

I'm on Twitter for the meltdowns lol

Haha yeah I didn’t mean on this board specifically, just in a general sense. 

I feel like I’d get a Twitter account to go throw some reactions to all these guys on draft night if the pick was anyone but Mac Jones; but that’s because I’m an adult and not petty at all.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886tgl88r49y1k4r57v7n

26 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Haha yeah I didn’t mean on this board specifically, just in a general sense. 

I feel like I’d get a Twitter account to go throw some reactions to all these guys on draft night if the pick was anyone but Mac Jones; but that’s because I’m an adult and not petty at all.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886tgl88r49y1k4r57v7n

Omg there already gone crazy. There already going to call Kyle racist for drafting Mac. Lol

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Haven't listened to the podcast, but apparently Collinsworth/Sherm think Fields is the likely pick

I have a feeling everyone's opinion is ether going to change to Fields or it'll get worse with Mac and Cheese. Idk even how much worse it can get. Lol

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I have a feeling everyone's opinion is ether going to change to Fields or it'll get worse with Mac and Cheese. Idk even how much worse it can get. Lol

Start rooting for us to draft Pitts. 

Embrace the chaos

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

According to the news forum we are drafting Mac to keep him from New England...

Loool wat? Who cares about the pats lol. I doubt Kyle has not thought about BB without only thinking about Jimmy.

Edited by 49erurtaza

Lets be real....if King, Schefter, Maiocco, Jeremiah, Tannebaum said we're picking Fields. Would we think its a smokescreen? 

I think we all just WANT the Jones stuff to be a smokescreen. But can we argue with multiple credible insiders...

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Does anyone have any good conspiracy theory, as to what is going on? Lol

Literally every theory/circumstance/justification has been discussed here. 

Like, before the trade, when Rappaport/Maiocco were going on about how we didnt want to replace Jimmy. You could argue that they're credible and thus nothing is going to happen. Or, you could argue that whats the Niner Brass is leaking to them and we have no idea. 

The 2nd idea sounded crazy at the time, but that was probably the truth. Or, their sources just weren't privy to top level conversations.

Since every theory has been discussed, one of us is right. We just won't know for another 22 days. 

I'm just sadly believing Jones is our pick at 3....i can't argue against Schefter, Maiocco, King, Jeremiah, & Tannebaum all together. I can't recall a time they were all wrong at the same time??

But i tend to get pessimistic late at night after a couple of beers, so maybe its just me lol

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1