3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I mean, the guy that looks the most like the Josh Allen that played us in the regular season last year on tape is Justin Fields. That easy killer accuracy wherever he wants it. The size and speed to just glide around defenders. Lance has a big toolbox, but I've never seen him have a game like the one Josh Allen dropped on us. Fields started off the season last year with three of them. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I mean, the guy that looks the most like the Josh Allen that played us in the regular season last year on tape is Justin Fields. That easy killer accuracy wherever he wants it. The size and speed to just glide around defenders. Lance has a big toolbox, but I've never seen him have a game like the one Josh Allen dropped on us. Fields started off the season last year with three of them. 

Yep even in those moments where we looked to have him, he'd keep the play alive and find Diggs/Beasley for a back breaking first down.

13 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I can see that. But the big difference is that Allen really had to work on his accuracy and has made great improvements each year. For Fields, he already has the accuracy to pair with the elite arm strength. Fields would be starting his career out ahead of where Allen was and it wouldn't take him as long to get to 2020 Josh Allen, which is scary in a good way. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I can see that. But the big difference is that Allen really had to work on his accuracy and has made great improvements each year. For Fields, he already has the accuracy to pair with the elite arm strength. Fields would be starting his career out ahead of where Allen was and it wouldn't take him as long to get to 2020 Josh Allen, which is scary in a good way. 

Josh Allen's improvement in accuracy seems like such an anomaly. How many QBs went from being one of least accurate to the most accurate in this stage of their career? 

My point is to go with the guy who already has the accuracy so yes, Fields. 

• Like 1

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Absolutely agreed. And Lance is a bit less of a project in my mind than Allen was coming out. I've seen him go through immediately NFL relevant concepts well at 19 years old and he is no less accurate. I mean, he isn't Fields or Jones, but both of those guys are up with Joe Burrow in terms of the most accurate QBs to come out recently (and *sigh of danger - Dwayne Haskins*). Allen was a loose cannon coming out. There was a drill at the senior bowl where the QBs were supposed to throw it into the corner of a net. And Baker just hit that corner. Allen went up there and missed the dang net. And not like just off the corner, mind. Like, literally this barn door isn't the easiest thing for me to hit. There were drops by his receiving corps in Buffalo over the first two years, but he earned his crappy completion percentage there. The work he did last offseason was amazing - and I wonder how sustainable it is, like a golfer with a remade swing that keeps wanting to go back to bad habits. But where he was last year was just awesome. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 49ers fan said:

Josh Allen's improvement in accuracy seems like such an anomaly. How many QBs went from being one of least accurate to the most accurate in this stage of their career? 

My point is to go with the guy who already has the accuracy so yes, Fields. 

I totally agree. I think Lance is as close to Allen as you can get right now but may have a longer progression arc to reach his full potential. 

Fields gives you enough to put him on the field now or sit him and refine his skills. Either way, you're getting a franchise QB. His bust potential is much lower than Jones or Lance and his ceiling is just as high as Lance's. This should be a no-brainer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I see your avi is now Lance. Have you swung over to Lance from Fields? 

Nope, I will have them all at some point. I'm an equal opportunity Avi supporter. Even Mac will get in here...but itll probably be this picture: 

Alabama quarterback Mac Jones charged with DUI - News - Tuscaloosa News -  Tuscaloosa, AL

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Does anyone have any good conspiracy theory, as to what is going on? Lol

Shanahan is driving up the moneyline on the QB he actually is going to take to make a nice chunk of change

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

When Adam Schefter makes a declarative statement he is always talking from inside knowledge.   He is guy teams leak on purpose to.  

Mac may be the pick but this wasn't leaked by Shanahan or Lynch. 

• Like 1