3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

This is what I’ve been saying. Watch the narrative flip to Fields soon. It’s been all Jones, but I have a feeling the national narrative will change soon with something to push it in that direction. This seems like the logical thing that does it.

FWIW Charlie Casserly on Path to the Draft today said he surveyed 23 teams. Who knows if they were honest, or who on the team he talked to. But he said that after summarizing all ratings Jones was 5th. On the other hand he also said he found 4 teams that had Jones rated 3rd. I'm shocked there is anyone, let alone 4 teams (maybe more since he didn't hear from all 32 teams). It will be an interesting day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

FWIW Charlie Casserly on Path to the Draft today said he surveyed 23 teams. Who knows if they were honest, or who on the team he talked to. But he said that after summarizing all ratings Jones was 5th. On the other hand he also said he found 4 teams that had Jones rated 3rd. I'm shocked there is anyone, let alone 4 teams (maybe more since he didn't hear from all 32 teams). It will be an interesting day.

If there's a team that could have him rated 3rd, we could certainly be one of them, in fairness

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If there's a team that could have him rated 3rd, we could certainly be one of them, in fairness

How would they know if we had him rated third if our staff doesn’t know? haha. This off-season has been pure chaos.

Just now, GW21 said:

How would they know if we had him rated third if our staff doesn’t know? haha. This off-season has been pure chaos.

I just meant in a general sense, sorry lol.

Like, we know that some teams view him that way, so our evaluation certainly wouldn't be isolated or completely uncommon (about 1/6 of the league of numbers hold)

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just meant in a general sense, sorry lol.

Like, we know that some teams view him that way, so our evaluation certainly wouldn't be isolated or completely uncommon (about 1/6 of the league of numbers hold)

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861p8gxkop6hkuqonyjp

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

First off, no one is telling Charlie Casserly anything.

second, I find it hard to believe that Shanny and Lynch won’t tell anyone else in the organization who they are drafting, but as soon as Good ol’ Charlie knocks on the door, Shanny spills his guts.

no reliable source has given Charlie Casserly legitimate intel, just my opinion ( sorry if that sounded aggressive, Charlie bothers me)

Edited by P_locniners

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm extremely annoyed that we could be one of those teams that like him as the third best

Same. I’m going to be extremely disappointed in our staff if they decide to bypass Fields for Jones; it’d be such a blown opportunity.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No one is doubting how good Schefter is at his job. I'm just telling you that Shanahan/Lynch aren't even telling people in the organization which way they are leaning. Everything you are hearing about Jones being the pick is likely coming from Jones' camp. 

Okay.   We’ll see.   It will be interesting.  

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm actually planning to bet against it lol.  Him saying that jumped the odds in crazy directions lol. 7 weeks ago he said that Sam Darnold was going to be the Jets starter and before that thought they were going to get a first round pick for him. I don't rule out Mac Jones, because Shanny is very stubborn and I wouldn't at all be shocked if he was turned off by the idea of a QB who would be a verified stud and take the spotlight off him, but none of this talk really makes me think that there is any higher likelihood that he is the selection either. At least not until someone gives me something a little more targeted.  

Schefty doesn't really break rumors and the like, and honestly, he often can get scooped on big news by others now. I think he's sort of transitioned into a different gear to be honest. He's not going to say truly off the wall stuff, but his word isn't gospel either. He still gets his breaking news, but I'm not one for hearing him get stuff like this.  Guys like Breer have a considerable share of the "post action" narrative (IE, he spends a lot of time writing about events in the past, who was involved, etc), and Ian gets a lot of stuff on his own as well. The 9ers under this regime aren't known to leak anything straight out and there have been a limited number of guys who have had good info, of which it is worth mentioning, Adam Schefter has not been one those limited number until news actually broke. Breer and King have good reps for being on it, and Ian as well. Breer and King have both been very, very hesitant on this maelstrom. As we get closer to the draft, I think that they'll start being a little more transparent if it's available. 

He could be the pick, this just doesn't make me think that's its more likely. 

There are two Schefters.  Schefter giving his personal opinion and guess which is often wrong.  

And Schefter giving source based information, which is almost always right.   

Guess we’ll see which one this is.  It sounds sourced to me by his phrasing.   But I could be wrong.  That’s just my opinion.