3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I remember the good ole Jed vs Harbaugh days he was so insufferable with Niners fans. Lol

Insufferable is such a perfect word for kawakami. Lol. 

His recent "49ers should take fields" article from last week was spot on though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

The problem is that Tim's right too. I mean, we never question these sources in other years when this stuff comes up and we seldom get the actual sources. Furthermore, if this was being said by everyone with the same exact sources but with Justin Fields as the focal point, nobody would question it. We are pushing back because it's not what we want. I'd be curious how often Schefty actually gives his sources. It gets really difficult to discount the deluge of voices coming in with this take. 

I would completely agree with this if it weren't for a few things:

• The report about 49ers assistants not even knowing who the pick will be
  • Peters passing up seeing and meeting with Mac twice, but will most likely be there for both of Fields Pro Days
  • Kyle and John having zero conversations with Saban about Mac

I get that all three points can have holes poked in them, but these are the telling things for me that A. The media doesn't know anything about this situation and B. The 49ers might not be in love with Mac as much as we all think.

3 more weeks of this crap...

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The report about 49ers assistants not even knowing who the pick will be

Well now you're just discounting some reports for a different one. What makes breers right? See what I mean?

Peters passing up seeing and meeting with Mac twice, but will most likely be there for both of Fields Pro Days

This doesn't mean much to me tbh. He's not the final decision maker and if he liked fields and shanny likes Mac, the pick won't be Fields

Kyle and John having zero conversations with Saban about Mac

This doesn't mean anything to me either. Saban has actually been complaining about nfl coaches not talking to him for years now. He talks about it in the Art of Coaching documentary.   They don't need to talk saban (especially if they don't trust him anyway) to just call sark. 

I still think that fields is the pick, but I get tims frustration. It's what I've been talking about with them  just flat out refuse to accept the possibility. That's why I still get to have fun if it's Mac

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Ether this is going to be the easiest money ever or the dumbest bet ever lol

I'm inclined to side with him. The odds are insane. I'll be at the sports book tomorrow. Going to see if it's on the board

• Like 1

Fwiw, I don't think we have to deal with this three weeks. I think people start abandoning ship after the pro day. You can already see it coming. Hell, even simms left himself wiggle room in that video earlier. 

I think people will start backing off next week

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

This doesn't mean anything to me either. Saban has actually been complaining about nfl coaches not talking to him for years now. He talks about it in the Art of Coaching documentary.   They don't need to talk saban (especially if they don't trust him anyway) to just call sark. 

I still think that fields is the pick, but I get tims frustration. It's what I've been talking about with them  just flat out refuse to accept the possibility. That's why I still get to have fun if it's Mac

I will say, in our case, it feels like we do like to talk to the coaches. Muschamp for Kinlaw & Deebo. Edwards for Aiyuk. etc

Does Shanny know Ryan Day? 

Also, RE the reports of some insiders slowly backing away from Jones. Maybe they're hearing different things. But it could just be reporters trying to stir up interest in the draft. Fans like the intrigue & guessing of who its going to be.  

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I will say, in our case, it feels like we do like to talk to the coaches. Muschamp for Kinlaw & Deebo. Edwards for Aiyuk. etc

Sure, and at one point we spoke with Saban in the past. That is why the relationship is frayed. But it adds another layer that if you don't trust saban, why speak with him? You're not going to believe him anyway.