3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm between how you feel and giving kyle the benefit of the doubt if they draft Mac. But if they do draft Mac how I think of Kyle will change completely. 

Kyle got the benefit of the doubt passing on Mahomes and Watson. Don't hold that against him. But this yr draft after All we been through with the SB loss then last yr injuries and 3 1st rd picks for this yr QB...no way he can sit there and sell me on Mac Jones as being the best available QB.

• Like 2

If the 49ers draft Mac Jones over Fields/Wilson/Lance, oh my. Jones would have dropped to 12 if not later. If the 49ers do this move, my confidence in Lynch/Shanahan will be completely gone. I'm already 50/50 on Shanahan ever since the Falcons lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl and he then calls horrible plays in loss to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl while up by 10. Really hope the team doesn't screw this up. SMH. :(

3 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

If the 49ers draft Mac Jones over Fields/Wilson/Lance, oh my. Jones would have dropped to 12 if not later. If the 49ers do this move, my confidence in Lynch/Shanahan will be completely gone. I'm already 50/50 on Shanahan ever since the Falcons lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl and he then calls horrible plays in loss to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl while up by 10. Really hope the team doesn't screw this up. SMH. :(

Need more time before I'll believe it. I do think it's a little more likely than I get originally considered, but fields still makes by far the most sense to me

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t put either of those on Shanny personally. If the Falcons had any kind of defense in that SB, they should have held onto a win. The SB loss to the Chiefs was a bit harder, but the PI call on Kittle and the over throw for a potential win on Sanders doomed us, Shanny called the right plays, players didn’t execute. I believe very much in the Shanny/Lynch combo, expect great things. Will drafting Mac concern me??? hell yes, but I got to believe that Shanny has a plan, otherwise, where is the fun

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, 49ers fan said:

3e8lls2ek1s61.jpg

Absolutely love these stats. Puts things like passing yards and completion percent in perspective. Jones with the best receivers in the country, lots of yards on screens which also boosts completion percent, and just about the least hurried QB in the country, not mention of course having the best RB in the country to keep defenses off balance.  I've been thinking since long before we traded up that if Jones played last season for almost any other team in the country he would make a nice second round pick.

18 hours ago, Forge said:

We will see. I will probably have Fields as my favorite up until his pro-day. I feel like the second pro day is a built in retreat point for any of the reporters. If Fields has his pro day and these guys are still saying "I'm hearing Mac Jones to the 9ers", I don't know how anyone thinks it's someone other than Jones. 

I'm not sure what another pro day could do for Shanny and Lynch who have been working at this decision for weeks. It's not like it's a tossup for them and this will be the decider. Jones and Field already had pro days on the same day. I watched them both, I know I'm biased here, but I didn't think it was close. The ball just jumped off of Fields' hand. His cross field outs were in a different league from Jones. He was virtually flawless even on his deep balls which seemed to go about ten yards further than Jones. His last throw was the capper, rolling left and throwing a nearly 60-yarder right on the money. I know I watched several games where he gunned a ball through a window so small Jones could only dream of making that kind of throw.  And of course there is what he brings with the occasional scramble or RPO.

Whatever deficiencies Fields might have Shanny/Lynch would have to be convinced they can't be fixed or remediated because there is not comparison between what they can do with their arms and legs.

• Like 1

Just now, big9erfan said:

I'm not sure what another pro day could do for Shanny and Lynch who have been working at this decision for weeks. It's not like it's a tossup for them and this will be the decider. Jones and Field already had pro days on the same day. I watched them both, I know I'm biased here, but I didn't think it was close. The ball just jumped off of Fields' hand. His cross field outs were in a different league from Jones. He was virtually flawless even on his deep balls which seemed to go about ten yards further than Jones. His last throw was the capper, rolling left and throwing a nearly 60-yarder right on the money. I know I watched several games where he gunned a ball through a window so small Jones could only dream of making that kind of throw.  And of course there is what he brings with the occasional scramble or RPO.

Whatever deficiencies Fields might have Shanny/Lynch would have to be convinced they can't be fixed or remediated because there is not comparison between what they can do with their arms and legs.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what a pro day does for Shanny and Lynch. 

It's a natural retreat point for reporters. 

Those are two separate things. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Ether this is going to be the easiest money ever or the dumbest bet ever lol

Dumbest bet - did you mean the $1K, or betting the team's future on a QB with an ordnary arm and athletic abilities?