3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

35 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

get off your high horse you pontificating, pompous, know it all. No one wants to hear you *****

Kawakami pulling some **** right now. "49ers would be dumb to draft anyone but fields, but also I am saying they will take mac, so either way I am right"

Andy Richter Eye Roll GIF

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

get off your high horse you pontificating, pompous, know it all. No one wants to hear you *****

Kawakami pulling some **** right now. "49ers would be dumb to draft anyone but fields, but also I am saying they will take mac, so either way I am right"

Andy Richter Eye Roll GIF

And if you question me your a evil bad fan and I block you. How dare 25,000 fans go against me. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Ohio State just uses more downfield throws than short stuff. Has nothing to do with Fields not being able to throw a good screen pass. As for what he does at OSU not translating  to NFL I'm not sure what that could mean. He throws short, intermediate and long as well as anyone in the draft. He has had games, many that is, where he didn't throw a single off target pass (of any length). A few games into the season he had more TDs than incompletions, something he did against Clemson in the playoff game despite playing with broken ribs. His ability to slide a bit in the pocket is under-rated and his inability to hit secondary receivers is exaggerated. His ability to extend plays while keeping his eyes downfield or take off if given an opening are exactly where the NFL is heading. Even his lack of anticipation is exaggerated as JT showed in the clip a few pages back. The problem I see is that he sometimes takes too long to let it go and might take a sack instead of throwing it away.  I think those things are partly a function of the offensive scheme, but even so I think that is fixable.

They sure do since Fields is the QB. They did it a lot more with Haskins because it was something he could execute at a high level. They change a lot of things based on who they have at QB and with Fields the ability to extend plays and his accuracy deep makes them run more of these types of plays compared to Haskins or Barrett before that. There is a reason why he was the most accurate at throwing middle and deep and not short. Its because he just isn't as good at those quick screens because of his release.

The Ohio State offense is so different from anything being ran in the NFL that the mental transition is harder than from what a team like NDSU runs. Like i said this has nothing to do with what he can do physically. Its all about reading defenses in a totally different way from what he has been doing at OSU. It is fixable for sure but i think that transition it what will keep him from playing his first year and not his ability to throw it accurately or not being able to make certain throws. With Lance his ability to make those throws is way more of a question but i think the mental side is a slightly easier one because of the offense he ran and the responsibilities he had running it. He is the only QB of the three that actually had the responsibility of making audibles and changing up the protection instead of having to look to the sideline(no flack on the others most colleges simply do it that way because they trust their coaches more than their players).

Chris Simms acknowledged Fields as a possibility yesterday, Mike Silver today. Rodrique Jones, a former Panthers beat writer, says the Panthers loved Fields, which would make it a fair assumption that they no longer feel like they have a chance at him.

Definitely feels like there's a little shift....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Chris Simms acknowledged Fields as a possibility yesterday, Mike Silver today. Rodrique Jones, a former Panthers beat writer, says the Panthers loved Fields, which would make it a fair assumption that they no longer feel like they have a chance at him.

Definitely feels like there's a little shift....

The media created this mess, now there going to slowly change there tone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

Does anyone remember where Jones was projected to go before we moved up. Certainly not 3. I just can't remember if it was top 10 or even lower. He didn't get any better because we moved up. I can see guys projecting him to us at 3, but there are guys who now have him rated as 3rd best QB and I don't recall that being the case before the trade.

Carolina sits at 8. Carolina needed a QB. I watched the Senior Bowl and all the practices. Rhule LOVED Mac. It was obvious. I am convinced he would have gone at 8 before they traded for Darnold. 

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Carolina sits at 8. Carolina needed a QB. I watched the Senior Bowl and all the practices. Rhule LOVED Mac. It was obvious. I am convinced he would have gone at 8 before they traded for Darnold. 

I'm not convinced because of the proday. 

30 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

He spoke highly of Jones, but the reports are not congruent with the idea that he was a lock at 8 or anything. There are reports they liked Mac, but didn't love him. None of the mocks or anything really had him going that high. it was one guy driving that bus - Mike Tannenbaum. Reports are that they had been talking Darnold for weeks. The Athletic also said that they do not view him as a top 10 pick. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He spoke highly of Jones, but the reports are not congruent with the idea that he was a lock at 8 or anything. There are reports they liked Mac, but didn't love him. None of the mocks or anything really had him going that high. it was one guy driving that bus - Mike Tannenbaum. Reports are that they had been talking Darnold for weeks. The Athletic also said that they do not view him as a top 10 pick. 

Frankly, I don't care whether they are 'congruent' or not. That's what I myself thought while watching. I didn't rely on any reports (and never said anything about reports), just my own two eyes. It was my perception and nothing else.