3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Fields or Lance fellas, don't waste any more time on this. 

"Speak it, believe it and receive it!!!"

The Jones smokescreen is out in case some team REALLY wants him badly and will be willing to offer up a package the Jets cannot refuse.............But it's not going to work because no team REALLY wants him that badly and the Jets are taking Wilson lol. 

• Like 4

So everyone here thinks Lance and Fields are better choices than Jones. I was away for a while so don't know what come before the trade. Does anyone here think that either Lance or Fields is better than Wilson? What was the consensus before the trade-up/

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

So everyone here thinks Lance and Fields are better choices than Jones. I was away for a while so don't know what come before the trade. Does anyone here think that either Lance or Fields is better than Wilson? What was the consensus before the trade-up/

I'm pretty sure most rated Wilson over both, but I was on record wanting Lance or Fields over Wilson due to believing they will handle the NFL hits better than Wilson...........Who has already had a shoulder injury in the past. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Not everyone ftr. They are just somewhat quiet, possibly in fear of getting just bombarded by people on the other side. Can't say I blame them, and I apologize to them for my role in that because I'm 100% part of that given that I'm boisterous and argumentative

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm pretty sure most rated Wilson over both, but I was on record wanting Lance or Fields over Wilson due to believing they will handle the NFL hits better than Wilson...........Who has already had a shoulder injury in the past. 

Yep. I had moved Fields closer to Wilson and talked about a 2a / 2b scenario for me, though I do like Wilson slightly more. Fun fact though, I think Fields is the safer selection. 

On 4/9/2021 at 1:15 AM, P_locniners said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t put either of those on Shanny personally. If the Falcons had any kind of defense in that SB, they should have held onto a win. The SB loss to the Chiefs was a bit harder, but the PI call on Kittle and the over throw for a potential win on Sanders doomed us, Shanny called the right plays, players didn’t execute. I believe very much in the Shanny/Lynch combo, expect great things. Will drafting Mac concern me??? hell yes, but I got to believe that Shanny has a plan, otherwise, where is the fun

Up by 25, Shanahan called passing plays which led to turnovers and in turn, having the defense out there more than they should be and with no rest. Same as 49ers/Chiefs. Like, what do people expect when the offense is on the field for less than a 2 minute commercial break? I'm simply not a fan of Shanahan and if he drafts Jones, im done having any confidence in him because bad decision making and bad play calling is two things that no amount of talent and skill players can make up for.

2 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Before the trade up, I didn’t really know much or care about the QBs because I figured we were out of range. I was locked into the CB group and Slater. 

After the trade up, I did my homework and came away immensely impressed with Fields, Luke-warm on Lance, and meh on Jones. 

Edited by NinerNation21

20 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

Same as 49ers/Chiefs

There's really only one play where you can argue that he called a pass where he could have called a run in that game where it didn't work. It was a second and 5 where the 49ers were up 20-17. Otherwise, the calls were made as they should have been. There was a pass play on 2nd and 9 where the 9ers were up 20-10, and it's really hard to hate on that or say that he should have called a run given the distance. He called a pass play on second and 4 earlier when we were up 20-10, but it picked up 12 yards, so hard to argue that it was a bad call.  

He actually called it fairly consistently

I think most people probably lean Wilson...but if I think I might lean more fields. I think he's a bit more of the total package and his arm is definitely very good..Wilson just has a special arm and I think that's why most people have him a bit above Fields. 

I think Jones has the best career of the 3 that will be on the board at 3. My apologies for this, it’s just my honest opinion after watching them. As a fan it’s so easy to get caught up in the physical attributes of the other two. I (maybe mistakenly) am caught up in Jones ability to buy time in the pocket. Whether it was Alex Smith or Kap or Jimmy, it’s what we’ve lacked. The third down taking a sack because of lack of pocket presence and reading a blitz drives me insane and that’s what I see from fields when pressure comes at important moments. Jones steps up, or back, or to the side and gets an extra half second for the receiver to get open. And he hits them where they have a chance to run after the catch. 

I’m no scout, so I’ll roll with whoever we take cus I’m trusting Shanny and Lynch have a better eye than I do.  

And for the question about pre trade, honestly I was concerned Fields would fall all the way to 12 or close to it and we’d go after him. I felt Jones would go higher than people thought, definitely above Fields. And I had no clue on Lance, but figure there was a chance he was there but could go top 5 or could go top 20. I still don’t have a gauge on him to be honest. 

• Like 2