Jump to content

3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)


Which QB?  

90 members have voted

  1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

    • Trey Lance
      13
    • Justin Fields
      48
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
      29
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

    • Yes
      62
    • No
      26

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure. You can't really compare the actual production metrics / statistics because of the eras, but I'm thinking about those two. 

I can see where people would make the connections. Both are/were mobile guys with a big arm that went to an FCS school and will be drafted high. I’m not huge on comps because circumstances can dictate a lot for a player as well as stuff that we really have no insight to, like work ethic and things of that nature; that being said I think Lance has the potential to be even better than McNair was in relation to his peers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Anybody else hoping that Fields absolutely smashes his Pro Day so that Carolina give up a kings ransom to the Jets to take him, and leaving us a clear run at Wilson?

I fully expect Fields to look great at his pro day, but I don’t expect NYJ to give up their pick. Fields can sling that thing and I think he’ll put on a show in a pro day environment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find myself always coming back to this vid whenever I start to question if Fields has the goods. Kid has been competing and excelling against the best for awhile now...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

So is there any chance that Wilson falls to 3? 

There's always a chance, but I don't see it as likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Anybody else hoping that Fields absolutely smashes his Pro Day so that Carolina give up a kings ransom to the Jets to take him, and leaving us a clear run at Wilson?

If there was any chance the Jets would move off of #2, I think we would be sitting there and not@3. 

They will take a QB. They would have moved off of #2 awhile ago if they weren't. Question is which QB.

Passing on Wilson for either Lance or Fields would be a shock for most but wouldn't be completely out of left field. Especially if you are in love with the athletic upside those two posess. But seeing as LaFleur will probably have alot of input into this, I think Wilson is fairly certain to be the pick. He just checks more boxes than either Lance or Fields. Especially coming from under the Shanahan school of offense.

But Lil' LaFleur may have his own ideas of what he values at the position. You just never know until the name is called.

Edited by 757-NINER
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great article by Doug Farrar on the eligible QB's and their fit in a Shanny offense. I really recommend reading it all, but i'll sum up his thoughts

Jones - Not a fit

Fields - Fascinating potential, but would Shanny tolerate a QB with his randomness of performance?

Lance - Great fit but needs to sit

Wilson - Perfect fit 

So yeah, i think it goes Wilson/Lance/Fields/Jones, and since the Jets will most likely take Wilson, we'll end up with Lance...

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/49ers-trade-2021-nfl-draft-justin-fields-zach-wilson-mac-jones-trey-lance/

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Great article by Doug Farrar on the eligible QB's and their fit in a Shanny offense. I really recommend reading it all, but i'll sum up his thoughts

Jones - Not a fit

Fields - Fascinating potential, but would Shanny tolerate a QB with his randomness of performance?

Lance - Great fit but needs to sit

Wilson - Perfect fit 

So yeah, i think it goes Wilson/Lance/Fields/Jones, and since the Jets will most likely take Wilson, we'll end up with Lance...

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/49ers-trade-2021-nfl-draft-justin-fields-zach-wilson-mac-jones-trey-lance/

Ted nguyen is publishing his articles on the consensus five next week. Looking forward to that

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I'm not sure if folks have looked at the football outsiders futures articles, but here's the one on Justin Fields.

 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2021/futures-ohio-state-qb-justin-fields

Another one charting fields accuracy compared to others

I have personally charted quarterback prospects dating back to the 2016 class. I chart the entirety of a player's final season, as well as a portion of the previous season, which serves as a sort of anchor for any improvement or decline during their final year. Fields' adjusted accuracy (weighted by depth of target) of 83.2% is the best rate I have recorded in those six years. To every level, Fields' accuracy is simply phenomenal.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So Peter King said Shanny/Lynch will be at Mac Jones pro day on Tuesday and Adam Peters at Justin Fields pro day. First off, how stupid is it that the pro days of two of the top three programs in the country are at the same day? 

I don't know if this means anything but I figured Lynch would be at one pro day and Shanny at the other pro day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Peter King said Shanny/Lynch will be at Mac Jones pro day on Tuesday and Adam Peters at Justin Fields pro day. First off, how stupid is it that the pro days of two of the top three programs in the country are at the same day? 

I don't know if this means anything but I figured Lynch would be at one pro day and Shanny at the other pro day. 

MM is doubling down on McCorkle in his latest pod as well. It was heavily slanted pro-mccorkle. He made it a point to say that he wasn't "reporting" anything, but that's typically how he does it. 

If that's the pick, I mean cool, but it kind of tells me a lot as well. I really have a hard time seeing that. It's something that I legitimately would almost never understand...and I say that as someone who thinks that pairing would obviously be moderately successful 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...