3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lol from the article above I decided to google and came up from this article about Kyle wanting to draft Beck. Here's Kyle's quote.

It wasn’t even close,” Shanahan said back in April. “He has everything you look for in a quarterback. No. 1 you have to love the game, you have to have the mindset. What I’m looking for is a guy first to work and last to leave. You’ve got to be able to run this offense at a very high level. He can do things with his legs that a lot of quarterbacks can’t do.”

This was from a decade ago but the legs part got me at the end.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/did-kyle-shanahan-want-to-draft-john-beck-10th-in-2007/2011/08/09/gIQAD1xM4I_blog.html

If Shanahan goes the safe route with Mac here and he doesn't deliver, then it is fair to say that he simply put is not a good QB evaluator and he will need to change his ways going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Shanahan goes the safe route with Mac here and he doesn't deliver, then it is fair to say that he simply put is not a good QB evaluator and he will need to change his ways going forward. 

Good thing for him is that Mac is the most likely to be Andy Dalton. Kick around as meh for a decade, doing just enough not to get him fired

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

And this is EXCATLY why you need a GM/player personnel guy to save Kyle from himself. Reading that article is like watching us draft Beathard in the 3rd round all over again while most had him as a UDFA.

And its also why moving up to draft Mac #3 overall is a real possibility and is stressing my fandom everyday until we're on the clock. 

I'm going to be stressed until Goodell calls Lance or Fields name

If he calls Jones, its not the end of the world, but its really going to dull my excitement for a long time. For 3 1st's, i would not be satisfied unless Jones turns into Matt Ryan or Drew Brees. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Good thing for him is that Mac is the most likely to be Andy Dalton. Kick around as meh for a decade, doing just enough not to get him fired

I think Mac will be better than Dalton but I was just going off of worst case scenario lol. Basically saying if Mac isn't on the level of the other QBs and is just good while those guys are Mahomes/Watson level, then that tells you that however he is evaluating QBs is not working.

Jones will give you what Jimmy gives you with better pocket presence and a deep ball. The offense will still be top level with him as long as he is healthy...But when the talent dips, how will the offense be? 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Trey has been my guy all along but I feel like it may end up being Fields. Changing my percentages for now:

45% Fields

40% Lance

15% Jones 

Fields 😃

Lance 😞

Mac 😡

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And those changing ways will be with another team. No matter how we all feel about the QB he drafts...he'd better be the right guy. Right now Jimmy/SB loss is his 49ers legacy. Everything gets moved to the back of the line if this QB doesn't hit.

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm going to be stressed until Goodell calls Lance or Fields name

If he calls Jones, its not the end of the world, but its really going to dull my excitement for a long time. For 3 1st's, i would not be satisfied unless Jones turns into Matt Ryan or Drew Brees. 

Same for me, if it's Jones I'll always have a soft spot for the niners but frankly I'll turn into more of a fan of players than teams at least NFL wise. And I wont care how Jones turns out. 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Bomani nailed this

"If you believe in your scheme above all else, then why trade (two) first round picks to go up and get this dude (McCorkle)??" 

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

-IT AINT HAPPENING-