3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

6 minutes ago, 49ers fan said:

Agreed. Still a weird thing to say this far into the process. If it was truly broken, it would have been said 3 years ago. 

If anything, I think Lance has a worse throwing motion than Fields. When I watch Lance, he looks like someone who doesn't have natural feel for throwing. When I watch his training videos of him throwing, he looks like someone who is trying to be too cute with it. It doesn't look natural to me. 

I would not be surprised to see Lance's mechanics break down so badly at some point that he needs to overhaul it over an offseason.  

18 minutes ago, 49ers fan said:

Agreed. Still a weird thing to say this far into the process. If it was truly broken, it would have been said 3 years ago. 

I think he is trying to drive the 9ers into a certain pick and then you can have a battle royal for the number 4 slot..

7 minutes ago, SonsofFenris7 said:

I think he is trying to drive the 9ers into a certain pick and then you can have a battle royal for the number 4 slot..

It also makes for good suspense. Who's going to be excited if the draft starts at pick 4? 

11 minutes ago, 49ers fan said:

It also makes for good suspense. Who's going to be excited if the draft starts at pick 4? 

Agreed. We used to see #1 overall picks agreeing to contracts prior to the draft and that has completely gone away. You have to think that the NFL has some sort of agreement with teams that they won't do that anymore and that they will 'keep up the suspense' so that more people with tune in for the draft. 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Agreed. We used to see #1 overall picks agreeing to contracts prior to the draft and that has completely gone away. You have to think that the NFL has some sort of agreement with teams that they won't do that anymore and that they will 'keep up the suspense' so that more people with tune in for the draft. 

Yeap, I remember when they did that the night before the draft. I also remember when the 1st and 2nd round were the same day as well lol

Just now, Forge said:

Fields' pro day is done, everyone headed back to SF already lol. This team is not about wasting time 

Really wish it would have been open to the media. That would have been fun to pick apart not only the workout, but the people watching it as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Can't wait for a the "leaks" coming out of today's pro day. It will be interesting to see which way the narrative moves.

That should be the expectation, though I will say that if we don't hear leaks about how the niners loved him (or if we hear leaks about other teams instead), that's probably not an ideal sign that he would be our pick lol