3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Lance scares me a bit at 3 as I do think there is a chance he busts, but at the same time his upside is pretty enticing. I’d rather have Lance than Jones. The fact is that we are guaranteed one of Fields, Lawrence, or Wilson and we shouldn’t really be considering anyone else at this point if you ask me. 

I completely agree

I said to someone today that if fields wasn't available, and it was between Mac Jones and Trey Lance, that it would be a very interesting conversation. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm taking Lance in that scenario, but there would be an argument to be made for Jones considering Lance hasn't played for a year and when he did play it was against a lower level of competition. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

I said to someone today that if fields wasn't available, and it was between Mac Jones and Trey Lance, that it would be a very interesting conversation. 

If Fields is gone, that means either Lawrence or Wilson would be on the table, and I don’t think that’s much of a conversation either. 

Just now, GW21 said:

If Fields is gone, that means either Lawrence or Wilson would be on the table, and I don’t think that’s much of a conversation either. 

I meant, if fields didn't exist. Say, he went back to school, or decided to become a missionary or something. 

In this scenario we are #3 with Wilson and TL gone. It's between Lance and Jones. Do we even trade up?? Probably not, but let's pretend we are at #3 anyway. Jones vs Lance is a more interesting debate than Jones vs fields vs Lance, because fields is clearly the superior prospect to the other two in my eyes 

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

I meant, if fields didn't exist. Say, he went back to school, or decided to become a missionary or something. 

In this scenario we are #3 with Wilson and TL gone. It's between Lance and Jones. Do we even trade up?? Probably not, but let's pretend we are at #3 anyway. Jones vs Lance is a more interesting debate than Jones vs fields vs Lance, because fields is clearly the superior prospect to the other two in my eyes 

I get what you’re saying now, and to me Lance is the clear option there as well. I’d take the upside all day, but like you mentioned I would hope we don’t make that trade. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, N4L said:

Lance >>>>>>>> Jones all day for me. I'm super intrigued by Lance. I get it. I can see it in my head.  Not sure I'd move to 3 for him, but I get it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Am I the only one who came away that he doesn't have the hunger to be great.

It's not just the attitude.  The numbers are crystal clear:  there will be two successful rookie QBs this year.  Trevor isn't one of them and Justin isn't the other.

7 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

It's not just the attitude.  The numbers are crystal clear:  there will be two successful rookie QBs this year.  Trevor isn't one of them and Justin isn't the other.

Kellen mond and Sam Ehlinger for the win

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886bej41vy9rx32qpb91q

More power to you for sticking with your guy, but I think the odds are stacked against you in this case. Only time will tell in these situations but I can’t wait to see how it shakes out.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

Just as long as Kyle doesn't do it on April 29th, we are good LOL 

I wouldn't rule it out. You gotta go get your very own Matt Schaub when you have the chance. 

But seriously, I don't think much has changed. We got a little before the pro day with people back tracking, but outside of the regular pro fields crazies, you're not seeing much of a shift from non fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm guessing MM is still on the Jones bandwagon even after the pro day. That's no bueno 😂 (note that in just basing this off the replies on his post for the podcast; I couldn't bring myself to listen)

Just listened. Very complimentary of fields, but also somewhat dismissive of a pro day in general. Weird tangent about the longevity of running QBs (not sure why people call fields a running qb, but I digress) and the previous ten super bowl winners not having any mobility. 

Definitely still got a decidedly pro Mac feel from him. Not sure if that stems from his own opinion or his way of trying to tell everyone he knows without saying he knows lol

He's also very good at what he does. The content irritates me, but for other reasons lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just listened. Very complimentary of fields, but also somewhat dismissive of a pro day in general. Weird tangent about the longevity of running QBs (not sure why people call fields a running qb, but I digress) and the previous ten super bowl winners not having any mobility. 

Definitely still got a decidedly pro Mac feel from him. Not sure if that stems from his own opinion or his way of trying to tell everyone he knows without saying he knows lol

He's also very good at what he does. The content irritates me, but for other reasons lol

Wasn't Maiocco saying a on his podcast a couple of weeks ago ago that going to Jones pro day wasn't a smokesceen? You could clearly infer that meant going to his pro day was a sign of interest. Now we set up a 2nd pro day for Fields & Lance, now a pro day isn't a big deal anymore according to him?

Edited by 49ersfan