2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

There's also the thing going around about Mac Jones doing "blackface" for Halloween one year... (he was 14 and it was an Obama mask, not paint) 

Looks like some one is trying hard to get Mac Jones to fall to a more draftable position.... Hope it's us, I'll be very upset if we sell the farm for some one as rough as Lance. Kid is a running back, not a QB at this time. 

Edited by Epyon

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

There's also the thing going around about Mac Jones doing "blackface" for Halloween one year... (he was 14 and it was an Obama mask, not paint) 

Looks like some one is trying hard to get Mac Jones to fall to a more draftable position.... Hope it's us, I'll be very upset if we sell the farm for some one as rough as Lance. Kid is a running back, not a QB at this time. 

yeah, he's absolutely terrible at throwing the ball and reading defenses and running an offense and  

Brad Biggs thinks the Bears go immediate help in round 1, QB in round 2.

Only caveat is if a QB we like falls and it isn't a king's ransom to move up.

I'm inclined to agree... I could see CB (Newsome), QB (Mills or Mond), WR

Slot WR is deeeep in this draft

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

Brad Biggs thinks the Bears go immediate help in round 1, QB in round 2.

Only caveat is if a QB we like falls and it isn't a king's ransom to move up.

I'm inclined to agree... I could see CB (Newsome), QB (Mills or Mond), WR

Slot WR is deeeep in this draft

Realistic and Disapponting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Realistic and Disapponting.

I'd legitimately rather not get a QB than waste a pick on the day 2 qbs...

*Edit: Though if forced to choose one, I'll take Mills over Mond..... at least he has POTENTIAL to be something.

Edited by Epyon

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm still sticking with my original prediction. A QB that is expected to go early ends up falling and Pace moves up to the ~10-14 spot to get him.

Now whether it's the BEST QB to get is up for debate. 

At least one media type sees it as a possibility with a trade with Dallas at #10.

• Dallas Cowboys receive: No. 20 overall pick, No. 52 overall pick, 2022 second-round pick
  • Chicago Bears receive: 10th overall pick, 115th overall pick

So we swap #20 for #10, #52 for #115, this year and a 2nd round pick in 2022. 

Seems less costly than it may be in reality.  Whose the most likely target at #10?

3 hours ago, soulman said:

At least one media type sees it as a possibility with a trade with Dallas at #10.

• Dallas Cowboys receive: No. 20 overall pick, No. 52 overall pick, 2022 second-round pick

Seems less costly than it may be in reality.  Whose the most likely target at #10?

i'd do that trade. surtain, slater, top WR, pitts, lance or fields MAYBE darrisaw. idk if it would for jones

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soulman said:

I think you are pretty accurate.

Pittsburgh made the move a couple of years ago and it cost 20, 2nd and a future 3rd. By that token them throwing in a 4th to get a future 2nd makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

i'd do that trade. surtain, slater, top WR, pitts, lance or fields MAYBE darrisaw. idk if it would for jones

The speculation is that it would be for a QB but I guess it wouldn't necessarily have to be.

The question would seem to be what QB or QBs are still on the board and do they fit with who and what Pace and Nagy want.

But it seems fairly certain at least to me that if the "Collaborators" want to draft a QB without mortgaging their souls they will need to move up significantly from #20 at least somewhere ahead of NE.

Edited by soulman

Just listened to Chris Simms on Russillos pod. He's been pretty solid at ranking recent qb classes. Was really interesting that he has Mond over Fields and Lance as well as Wilson #1. 

1. Zach Wilson, BYU
  2. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
  3. Mac Jones, Alabama
  4. Kellen Mond, Texas A&M
  5. Justin Fields, Ohio State
  6. Trey Lance, North Dakota State
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Orange&Blue said:

Just listened to Chris Simms on Russillos pod. He's been pretty solid at ranking recent qb classes. Was really interesting that he has Mond over Fields and Lance as well as Wilson #1. 

1. Zach Wilson, BYU
  2. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
  3. Mac Jones, Alabama
  4. Kellen Mond, Texas A&M
  5. Justin Fields, Ohio State
  6. Trey Lance, North Dakota State

Wilson over Lawrence you could maybe make the argument that Lawrence already "peaked" and that Wilson has a higher potential ceiling with his mahomes-esque penchant for absurd plays.

Mond over Fields though, even as someone who's incredibly skeptical of Fields, seems like a massive over reaction. Mond looks like his ceiling is a game manager....... Fields is arguably one of the highest ceiling prospects ever, and even if you are VERY skeptical of his ability to process the field after the snap (like I am), I think his floor is still pretty solidly over where Mitch was playing at back when we where still hopeful about Mitch.   He's more athletic (by a lot), a better arm (by alot), significantly more accurate downfield (by an almost comically large amount), and he is better than Mitch was at pre-snap reads (which wasn't a high bar to hurdle over)...  The physical talent alone, if properly schemed, can carry much of the potential post snap reading the field risk..... and again, even as someone who is incredibly skeptical of Fields' ability to read the field post snap, it's also not impossible that he was just playing within the scheme of OhSt's offense, which uses a ton of WR option routes....  He's not my favorite prospect, but putting him below Mond is just irresponsible, imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

John Clayton today said the Bears are calling around the top 10 and are serious about a move for QB.

the problem, however, is I'm fairly confident QB's go 1,2,3,4......  and I don't think Lance is worth trading up for =/

• Like 1