2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

On 4/23/2021 at 8:41 PM, topwop1 said:

I saw Brown was ranked something like 25th last season amongst all tackles according to PFF and that was playing RT

Not saying it's not a good move for the Chiefs but I think he's a little overrated

Bull.  He makes his blocks.  When I have a minute (crazy busy at work and life right now) I am going to subscribe to PFF and compare their grading to my own to see what is going on with some of their grades.  

Just now, dll2000 said:

Analysts keep telling me Leno is good and O. Brown is bad.   I watch games and my eyes and experience tell me opposite.  

I think most of league would agree.  O. Brown gets a first round pick trade.   GMs wouldn’t trade a shoe box for Leno.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I read a thing just yesterday (I think on ESPN), that claimed Leno has had "a very good career".

I literally laughed out loud. 

For a 7th round pick he has had an amazing career. He has earned 40 million and has never been above average for 1 snap.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I read a thing just yesterday (I think on ESPN), that claimed Leno has had "a very good career".

I literally laughed out loud. 

just like what windy city said, leno was a 7th round pick that has played/started over 100 straight games, earned a 2nd contract with his team, and has made over 40 million, AND made a pro bowl - there are a TON of players, drafted all over the place, that haven't have the same success. whether you think he's a good player or not is one thing, but by all accounts he has had an outstanding career.

you might have laughed out loud, but i would say 98% of all guys in the league would call that a successful career when they retired

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

just like what windy city said, leno was a 7th round pick that has played/started over 100 straight games, earned a 2nd contract with his team, and has made over 40 million, AND made a pro bowl - there are a TON of players, drafted all over the place, that haven't have the same success. whether you think he's a good player or not is one thing, but by all accounts he has had an outstanding career.

you might have laughed out loud, but i would say 98% of all guys in the league would call that a successful career when they retired

If you want to go with the "successful" as far as money goes, sure, I'll give you that. But as I said, he was merely an average player before, and for whatever reason, his performance has declined terribly the last couple of seasons. There were games last year where he was literally either falling down or wandering around. 

It's just a case of these football media folks either being lazy, or out of the loop. Continuing to describe Leno's play based on what it was in 2018. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

For a 7th round pick he has had an amazing career. He has earned 40 million and has never been above average for 1 snap.

There’s a big difference between being decidedly average (which Leno is amongst starting LTs) and what most say about him (that he’s dog ****, which he’s not). He can be not a strength but not a liability, which is exactly what he is. He’s good enough to survive with but not good enough to consistently win on his own.

He’s basically the Andy Dalton of left tackles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This. Plus for what he is being paid, I would argue we've gotten solid value out of him.

Watching last season, it was obvious how much better he plays when he has a quality/experienced LG next to him. 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

This. Plus for what he is being paid, I would argue we've gotten solid value out of him.

Watching last season, it was obvious how much better he plays when he has a quality/experienced LG next to him. 

We should be trying to upgrade Leno. He is a guy who can hold a spot while you search for an upgrade.

The issue is we never look for an upgrade.

• Like 1