2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

9 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Dunno how athletic that is to be honest, but I feel like he's smart enough to know he's not going to escape the pocket a lot, and therefore takes a lot of nasty hits.  I feel like there's "hanging in under pressure" and "knowing you can't get away" 

He has a lot throws just like that.   Dozens.   25 - 40 yard strikes while being hit or with a guy in his face.

When I poo poo'd him I assumed he was mostly sitting in a clean pocket throwing to wide open guys.   Actually watching the cut ups of him that was not the case.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:06 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

And that's why you continually invest in the position.  My hope when Nagy came here was that the Bears would get the QB incubator going.  Every year you are drafting QBs and starting the development process.  You homegrow your starter, backup, and potentially start having trade bait at the position.  That may in fact be the biggest failure of this regime.  They were content to pay the backup premium backup money for league average backup results.  What if they had that $11M back from Daniel's deal, or the $18M from Glennon, or the $21M from Nick Foles?  You dont pay backups premium money.  That is not a recipe for success.  If you had that money, Kyle Fuller's still here, ARob is probably already extended and the franchise is probably in much better position, meanwhile you drafted a QB who could have saved you $10M on Dalton this year.

And I would agree while also throwing in Pace's failure to draft rookie talent at OT, Edge and QB.  All three positions are horribly expensive to acquire in FA so Pace's spending on Mack and Quinn have cost us the cap space we've need to keep others as well.

But the $$$ paid to previous QBs and even Foles whose cap cost is only $6.67 mil which is pretty much in line with what vet backups can get didn't impact keeping Fuller.  It was Dalton's contract that forced Pace to create $10 mil of cap space.

I believe that ARob will either settle for a more modest price or Pace will trade him.  His asking price was IMHO above his worth and he was not likely to get it elsewhere either which is why he accepted his tag. The QBs had nothing to do with this either.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Anyone betting the draft (besides me)? Last year I did really well with it but there’s so much uncertainty at the top after 1-2 this year. 

Might as well just ask me to mail money away.  I barely can list 1-2 positions of need for most teams.  Lol

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Anyone betting the draft (besides me)? Last year I did really well with it but there’s so much uncertainty at the top after 1-2 this year. 

What kind of bets did you place and win?

49ers fans think Mac talk is a big smoke screen or a conspiracy or whatever.

They are even placing bets it will be Fields they are so confident.

I have nothing against 49ers fans, but I really want it to be Mac for the LOLs.

I think fans in general are really underestimating the potential of Mac.  They are prejudiced by the photo of him with no muscle tone.

He played basically just as well as Burrow did on a stacked offense.   

Also a reminder - P Mahomes 40 times 4.84 and 4.80.

Mac pro day - 4.79.   

Maybe that will make them feel better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I think fans in general are really underestimating the potential of Mac.  They are prejudiced by the photo of him with no muscle tone.

He played basically just as well as Burrow did on a stacked offense.   

Also a reminder - P Mahomes 40 times 4.84 and 4.80.

Mac pro day - 4.79.   

Maybe that will make them feel better.

I read this report that Mac Jones may not be as great as reading defenses as some are letting on. His pre-snap IQ is excellent, and often times he beats the coverage because his first read is open. Something to think about.

I don't think Mac Jones is in the same realm as Patrick Mahomes as an athlete, but the numbers do present an argument (their 3 cones, however, are vastly different and in favor of Mahomes).

I hope Jones goes #3 overall and falls flat on his racist face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I read this report that Mac Jones may not be as great as reading defenses as some are letting on. His pre-snap IQ is excellent, and often times he beats the coverage because his first read is open. Something to think about.

I don't think Mac Jones is in the same realm as Patrick Mahomes as an athlete, but the numbers do present an argument (their 3 cones, however, are vastly different and in favor of Mahomes).

I hope Jones goes #3 overall and falls flat on his racist face.

I would be fine with Mac, just not with a big trade up.

Is the racist bit about his alleged costume when he was 12?

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If the bulk of 49ers fans feel this way, there is no other explanation than they're out of touch with reality. 

It COULD end up being Fields, sure, but when Chris Simms points to Jones, they should listen. I'm also not sure what planet these fans are on, that they believe Fields is light years better, anyway. 

Just googled about Mac Jones.  Saw the alleged tweet.  He could very well be guilty of what he accused and that could be him. Which case his career is over. This could also be another smokescreen from a league with a long history of smokescreen and disinformation to hurt players draft stock.  Marino cocaine rumors and Tunsil gas mask videos comes to mind.  It certainly warrants major investigations by the organizations. 

truthfully. I have always felt Mac Jones was incredibly overhyped.  He is not physically gifted. He played with an all American team that elevated his play and stats.  He’s average. It wouldn’t be surprising if the story line on draft night is Mac Jones falls and falls hard.  Between questions about his talent and now this controversy surrounding his sisters tweet. I wouldn’t be surprised in Davis Mills goes before Mac Jones. 

Edited by 41st ward Chicagoian