2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

11 hours ago, G08 said:

What kind of bets did you place and win?

Last year I had bets on the exact first 3 picks being Burrow/Young/Okudah, had Ruggs as first drafted WR, and had Andrew Thomas to go before like pick 11 or something like that. Lost a few too (definitely thought Derrick Brown would go later), but overall made some decent money. The Ruggs bet paid out at like +440.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He is from a wealthy family in Florida, I just assumed they were MAGA.

Tom Brady is also MAGA.  Who cares about political beliefs, as long as you are a good person/teammate and you can play then sign me up.

38 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Tom Brady is also MAGA.  Who cares about political beliefs, as long as you are a good person/teammate and you can play then sign me up.

I am fine with it.

I was saying that the picture he took when he was 13 dressed as an Obama characature did not surprise or turn me off of him. That was his home environment.

• Like 1

Pace will try his hardest but other teams can offer more than the bears can. Bears are left without a date on prom night. 

1 (20) - Greg Newsome CB 

2(52) - Davis Mills QB

3 (83) - Brady Christensen LT

5(164) - Jamar Johnson S

6(204) - Tommy Kraemer G

6(208) Sam Ehlinger QB. 

6(221) D’Ante Smith T

6(228). Elijah Mitchell RB

5 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Pace will try his hardest but other teams can offer more than the bears can. Bears are left without a date on prom night. 

1 (20) - Greg Newsome CB 

2(52) - Davis Mills QB

5(164) - Jamar Johnson S

6(204) - Tommy Kraemer G

6(208) Sam Ehlinger QB. 

6(221) D’Ante Smith T

I like Newsome/Mills/Christensen as a 1-2-3 honestly. Go WR at 20 instead like Elijah Moore and I'd like it even more.

18 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

1 (20) - Greg Newsome CB 

2(52) - Davis Mills QB

5(164) - Jamar Johnson S

6(204) - Tommy Kraemer G

6(208) Sam Ehlinger QB. 

6(221) D’Ante Smith T

Smith isn't falling to 221, but outside of that I like this a lot actually

So here's an interesting trade scenario I just thought of for the Bears to move up to 4, any cap experts can tell me if the money doesnt work but I would give Atlanta a similar deal to what we offered Sea for Wilson bc while Wilson is more proven than Fields obviously, he is also much more expensive.  So it would be 

Atlanta gets:

2022 #1

2023#1

Akiem Hicks

Allen Robinson

Nick Foles (guarantees are already paid)

Bears get

Julio Jones

Edited by Superman(DH23)
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So here's an interesting trade scenario I just thought of for the Bears to move up to 4, any cap experts can tell me if the money doesnt work but I would give Atlanta a similar deal to what we offered Sea for Wilson bc while Wilson is more proven than Fields obviously, he is also much more expensive.  So it would be 

Atlanta gets:

2022 #1

2023#1

Akiem Hicks

Allen Robinson

Nick Foles (guarantees are already paid)

Bears get

Julio Jones

Seems like a massive risk given Julio’s injury history and the likelihood the Bears would be taking the 4th QB.

It’s a home-run swing but I’d be worried about a defense with no Hicks or Fuller.

14 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Seems like a massive risk given Julio’s injury history and the likelihood the Bears would be taking the 4th QB.

It’s a home-run swing but I’d be worried about a defense with no Hicks or Fuller.

I only trade to #4 for Fields, and that's bc I think hes the 2nd best QB in the draft and I dont think hes very far behind Lawrence.  As far as no Fuller, hes already gone, JJ will play the Fuller role now and it's up to Vildore, Shelley, and the others to step up, I thought Vildore did a pretty good job stepping in as a rookie.  As for Hicks, the reason he is on the trade block is bc his replacement is already on the roster in Nichols.  Bears probably have to unload his salary before they extend Nichols which they will be looking to do this off season.  

First and foremost is getting the QB right and I would be all in on Fields.  Obviously if Fields goes in the top 3 (which doesnt seem likely at this point, but you never know) I wouldnt make the deal.  

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

I only trade to #4 for Fields, and that's bc I think hes the 2nd best QB in the draft and I dont think hes very far behind Lawrence.  As far as no Fuller, hes already gone, JJ will play the Fuller role now and it's up to Vildore, Shelley, and the others to step up, I thought Vildore did a pretty good job stepping in as a rookie.  As for Hicks, the reason he is on the trade block is bc his replacement is already on the roster in Nichols.  Bears probably have to unload his salary before they extend Nichols which they will be looking to do this off season.  

First and foremost is getting the QB right and I would be all in on Fields.  Obviously if Fields goes in the top 3 (which doesnt seem likely at this point, but you never know) I wouldnt make the deal.  

I just worry about losing the team's best DB and best DL in a single offseason. You'll no longer have a great defense. I'd argue the Bears' defense isn't even in the top half without Fuller and Hicks.

Is the offense in the top half with Fields, despite the issues at OL and the lack of WR depth?

• Like 1