2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Coming from Chris Simms who is buddies with Shanahan.   He claims no inside knowledge though.

Just going off how he thinks Shanahan thinks.  

I know 49ers forum does not want Jones.  

I think a lot of subconscious bias against Jones, including me, because he doesn’t even look like he works out.

He looks like a normal Joe.  I also have bias because he played with every advantage.  

Maybe I should take a close look at him.  

My lazy comp: Kirk Cousins.

56 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

How would you all rank your OT choices?

Depends on the round. 

1 - Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins - all day one starters, everyone at LT, Jenkins at RT

2 - Hudson, Christianson, Cosmi, Eichenberg, Little, Radunz - nobody starts day 1, but are ~mostly~ swing tackles that become starters year 2. mix of LT/RT

3 and later - Smith, Carman, Jackson

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Also I like Jenkins but I read an article that had him moving to guard so people can't just run around him, is that crazy? 

yes. i think he's plug and play at RT from day 1. he didn't give up a sack his junior or senior year, and he's an absolute mauler in the run game. i'm comfortable with him outside

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Depends on the round. 

1 - Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins - all day one starters, everyone at LT, Jenkins at RT

2 - Hudson, Christianson, Cosmi, Eichenberg, Little, Radunz - nobody starts day 1, but are ~mostly~ swing tackles that become starters year 2. mix of LT/RT

3 and later - Smith, Carman, Jackson

Surprised you don't like Cosmi more. Where would you put Leatherwood? 

13 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

yes. i think he's plug and play at RT from day 1. he didn't give up a sack his junior or senior year, and he's an absolute mauler in the run game. i'm comfortable with him outside

When I've tried to watch him, I keep thinking he looks like an awesome guard or an OK tackle.  Might be a time to do the DLL and draft him at tackle with the backup plan of guard if that doesn't work out. 

Really I think Pace should just trade up a bit and get Lawrence, Sewell and Newsome and then some other guys. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Surprised you don't like Cosmi more. Where would you put Leatherwood? 

i think leatherwood would be best at guard. i see a lot of cam robinson in him, who has been an ok tackle in jax (that franchise tag was sumthin, huh?). i think he could be servicable at tackle, and i don't think i would be upset if we drafted him in a trade back or in the 2nd, but would rather grab a true OT.

as far as cosmi goes, he just doesn't overwhelm me at anything. he's fine, and would be ok with him in the 2nd to be our swing and potentially long-term OT, but he kind of actually reminds me of leno, never going to be impressive, but will get the job done for the most part. I really like hudson, i think he has the athleticism to become a jason peters type player. 

christiansen/eichenberg/cosmi are all in the same tier for me. D'ante smith i really like the potential of, but would take a little bit longer to get settled i think. but if we go receiver in 1 and qb in 2, then he would for sure be my target in rd 3

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Just curious as to what made you think this was even on any level slightly true?

They were much worse against the run in '20 than in '19? They were worse in every single defensive category in '20, compared to the year before? And lastly, I watched the games? How many times did the Bears' defense get absolutely humiliated in '19? 

Not all because of Goldman's loss, obviously. But they clearly weren't the same without him. 

18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They were much worse against the run in '20 than in '19? They were worse in every single defensive category in '20, compared to the year before? And lastly, I watched the games? How many times did the Bears' defense get absolutely humiliated in '19? 

Not all because of Goldman's loss, obviously. But they clearly weren't the same without him. 

You don't think Nick Williams, Mario Edwards and Nichols all being more successful pass rushers shows anything?