2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

What are you all drinking tonight?  We're having the neighbors over, and he is probably a bigger fan than I am, so whatever it is it's going to be in non-breakable drinkware. And the chairs are getting tethered down. And the kids are all wearing earmuffs. And the...

I get the feeling this is going to be nuts, and angering. 

18 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

What are you all drinking tonight?  We're having the neighbors over, and he is probably a bigger fan than I am, so whatever it is it's going to be in non-breakable drinkware. And the chairs are getting tethered down. And the kids are all wearing earmuffs. And the...

Thinking about grabbing a bottle of bourbon on my way home tonight.

22 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

It's a Pace draft, I have the absinthe ready.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

It's a Pace draft, I have the absinthe ready.

I think that's a sound draft night strategy, not only will you be unaware of whatever **** Pace gets up to, you'll likely be unaware of much except the nagging suspicion that you're a time traveler from victorian England and the black framed painting is emitting noise and light.

Once spent a summer in the Czech Republic,  was soooo excited to try the real stuff over there, at least until I did,  it's been 20 years and I still gag a little thinking about a couple nights on that stuff. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I just wanted to swing in here on draft day and say GOOD LUCK Bears fans!  I hope a lot of good things happen for you today.  You're an awesome fan base and it's always enjoyable conversing with you in here. 

Likewise for your Viki..oops I mean Jags...right?

Not that you'll need it much with getting the best QB prospect to come out since Andrew Luck

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

The plan is to have some pints but I may delve into some stronger stuff depending on how it goes for us.

As long as the pick is one of QB, OL or WR I'll be happy

I don't expect us to land a top-QB so I will be happily surprised if that's the case

If we draft a defensive player though I'll be pretty disappointed 

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The plan is to have some pints but I may delve into some stronger stuff depending on how it goes for us.

As long as the pick is one of QB, OL or WR I'll be happy

I don't expect us to land a top-QB so I will be happily surprised if that's the case

If we draft a defensive player though I'll be pretty disappointed 

My wife seems to have hidden everything in the house with alcohol in it including the  vanilla extract, taken the keys to the car and it's a long walk to the liquor store. Need to find my wallet and get going🤫

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bfan said:

My wife seems to have hidden everything in the house with alcohol in it including the  vanilla extract, taken the keys to the car and it's a long walk to the liquor store. Need to find my wallet and get going🤫

No need.  You can have booze shipped right to your front door.  What a time to be alive.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I was just enjoying Jim Beam Apple in a few drinks. Nothing to do with the Bears, just work. Since I'm 3rd shift now I'm just getting ready for sleep, bet I fall out fast. 

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Pipe and edibles at the ready.  As it stands I'm more intrigued by the mysteries of picks 3-9 than I am anything else.

I can see things breaking several different ways for us based on that alone but overall I still don't see any of it impacting 2021 all that much.

This is the year Nagy has to prove he and his coaching staff can get some offensive improvement out of who we have now and Desai needs to keep the defense from regressing even more.

It's as much or more about coaching as it is player personnel.....JMHO.

4 hours ago, Bfan said:

LOLOL......vanilla extract.  The alcoholics friend.