2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

Guys I was interested in still around (no particular order, and most of them are "still around" because they're projected into where our next picks are)

Jaret Patterson-RB

Charles Snowden-LB (I've seen him listed as edge, but I'd groom him to take Trevethan's spot one day)

Dazz Newsome-wr

Ihmir Smith-Marsette- wr

Josh Imatorbhebhe -wr  I think he's got a really strong chance to be a better pro than college player.

I feel like there's a handful of OT/OL guys I liked, but all their names are blurring together for me now.

Everything about this draft feels right. The universe is at harmony with the bears for once.  This doesn’t feel like we past on Watson for Mitch.  This feels like we hit a home run and in a few years everyone will be saying what we’re the 49ers and Jets thinking passing on fields. 

If fields can play at an average level the bears will see major gains.  They have a good set of skilled players. They potential at QB and a Oline that got better at blocking today.  There is an buzz in the city now.  

A+ Ryan pace. A+

• Like 1

What I love about this draft is that we are making logical, informed, picks based off of a logical and well scouted board.  Great value that fit major needs.  What pisses me off is that had we been doing this the last 5 years we wouldn't be in this position in the first place.  Pace is finally drafting in the first few rounds like he is not trying to prove that he is smarter than everyone else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

What I love about this draft is that we are making logical, informed, picks based off of a logical and well scouted board.  Great value that fit major needs.  What pisses me off is that had we been doing this the last 5 years we wouldn't be in this position in the first place.  Pace is finally drafting in the first few rounds like he is not trying to prove that he is smarter than everyone else.

I think Pace's picks get ripped apart way too much mostly due to the bitter taste Trubisky left...all in all Pace has done an excellent job building this roster...if Fields is a hit them this team is a properly talented on on the vast majority of levels.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Pace's picks get ripped apart way too much mostly due to the bitter taste Trubisky left...all in all Pace has done an excellent job building this roster...if Fields is a hit them this team is a properly talented on on the vast majority of levels.

No, I agree to some extent with that.  However, there have been times where he has taken people high or moved up for people where there was clear talent there that we could have had instead that would have been more impactful.  We could have clearly used oline help last year (and for many years for that matter) and we didn't get any.  Tru is obvious (no need to beat that horse anymore), Sheheen.  Floyd was a good player but was also drafted out of position and we passed on players that would have clearly benefited us more.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

After the first three rounds of this draft I can't see anyone but the Chiefs winning the superbowl next year (health permitting of course) they have done an excellent job rebuilding that OL this offseason.

Yeah, they have attacked the OL with purpose.

I would love to try and generate more picks here...Foles, Miller & Leno would be great to move if a bit unrealistic...

Hicks is the guy who holds value around this type of range for a contender...trade him out and draft Daviyon Nixon to play next to Goldman & Nichols? Sign me up for a DL for the next 5 years.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I would love to try and generate more picks here...Foles, Miller & Leno would be great to move if a bit unrealistic...

Hicks is the guy who holds value around this type of range for a contender...trade him out and draft Daviyon Nixon to play next to Goldman & Nichols? Sign me up for a DL for the next 5 years.

They'd have to get a little creative I think to trade back into the 4th or 5th.  I don't think Miller gets you much more than a 6th at this point.  After last year I don't think Foles gets much more than Miller especially with his contract.  But there always seems to be some allure to the "veteran backup QB," so maybe someone coughs up a 5th for him.  Package some of those picks with out remaining 6ths and maybe get a 5th or late 4th?

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

No, I agree to some extent with that.  However, there have been times where he has taken people high or moved up for people where there was clear talent there that we could have had instead that would have been more impactful.  We could have clearly used oline help last year (and for many years for that matter) and we didn't get any.  Tru is obvious (no need to beat that horse anymore), Sheheen.  Floyd was a good player but was also drafted out of position and we passed on players that would have clearly benefited us more.

Flo was considered the best or 2nd best edge in that draft, and here's the truth about Flo, Flo is GREAT at everything except sacking the QB.  JAF has put up the #s before but his pass rush win rate was stupid for a guy who couldnt buy double digit sack seasons.  Honestly what the Bears should have done last year was keep Flo and move him inside next to Roquan.  Let Trevathan go and you have a pair of uber athletic ILBs who attack the football on every down.  That was not a miss by Pace that was on the coaching staff for just not figuring out the right way to use him.  

Shaheen is the one everyone loves to point to, but who would be the choice in hindsight?  Obviously George Kittle, who is who I wanted in that spot.  The issue there is Kittle didnt go for 3 more rounds.  I understand the thought process with Shaheen.  Hes a 1%er.  You hope you can tap that size and athleticism and make him a force, it didnt happen, but the pick makes lots of sense...except Kittle was there, who was also a 1%er and played at THE TE factory of the last decade or so.  Who is the last Iowa TE who couldnt play?  Yeah as a Besrs and Hawkeye fan, I'm still salty over not taking the guy who grew up a Bears fan and oh btw became the bestbdamn TE in the league.  

The truth is Pace has been one of the best drafters in the league since he got here but he missed on his first swing at QB, and until now was the only swing he took.  People want to hold the misses up and point to those as evidence of his drafting badly, but dont look at his hits and how this team is mostly home grown with his picks

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

They'd have to get a little creative I think to trade back into the 4th or 5th.  I don't think Miller gets you much more than a 6th at this point.  After last year I don't think Foles gets much more than Miller especially with his contract.  But there always seems to be some allure to the "veteran backup QB," so maybe someone coughs up a 5th for him.  Package some of those picks with out remaining 6ths and maybe get a 5th or late 4th?

I think it is clearly this is very much a quality over quantity draft...especially at the QB spot where there is barely a backup calibre player left...Ian Book is probably the best one left...and he is bad...

I would happily take Miller & a 6th to try and get up here...still some talent on the board but not a great depth of it...you coming away only drafting 4 or 5 players this draft we don't have any issue because we know at least two of them are top top prospects. 

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I love Nixon, but he needs to be a 3T at the next level.

10 hours ago, Epyon said:

Guys I was interested in still around (no particular order, and most of them are "still around" because they're projected into where our next picks are)

Jaret Patterson-RB

Charles Snowden-LB (I've seen him listed as edge, but I'd groom him to take Trevethan's spot one day)

Dazz Newsome-wr

Ihmir Smith-Marsette- wr

Josh Imatorbhebhe -wr  I think he's got a really strong chance to be a better pro than college player.

I feel like there's a handful of OT/OL guys I liked, but all their names are blurring together for me now.

I'm good with either of those 3 WR's now