2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Rodgers is a much different dude than Favre too.   He isn't going to meekly accept them holding him hostage against his desires.

He is going to force action - extension, trade of him or trade of Love.   Or they are going to have to soothe him in some way.   

Yup, and mostly because he has far more leverage than Favre did.  He's not kidding when he says he'd retire and go on to host Jeopardy.  I'd love to see him get traded to Denver and get him out of our hair while giving Vic a shot at a SB.

I don't see them trading Love and getting Murphy to fire Gutekunst would probably still require BOD approval so that's also very unlikely.

He needs more money about as much as I need to buy another guitar today but if he gets it in his mind he'll have won that battle and Guntekust will have lost.  He's another of those zero sum types.

Just now, CBears019 said:

Stone Forsythe is still out there.  

Love it. Build an identify on offense. 

2019-2020 our identify was soft OL and incompetent QB.

Rashaad Coward played games for this franchise... that level of player should never stand in front of Justin Fields.

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I agree with Aaron.   A first round pick at your position (when position is QB because there is only one)  is a slap in face.

You made the move deal with it.   I don't have to play along with it.   

I actually don't agree and Rodgers of all people should know why they did it.  He was GB's plan for the future as Favre's career was winding down himself.  Love is much the same guy 16 years later.

I'll have more on this one after I talk to my grandson and my soul brother in GB.

CB's I'm keeping my eye on:

Tay Gowan- good at everything, master of none

Mark Gilbert- may have been a top 64 pick if it weren't for injury concerns

Israel Mukuamu- once thought of as a top 64 pick, huge corner, stiff hips

Rachad Wildgoose- physical corner

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Interesting that Demetric Felton is still available

If I remember right he had a massively disappointing 40 time for the kind of player he's supposed to be. 

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And Belichick retaliated by trading Jimmy for much less than he could have.  

Stupid, he just hurt himself.   Even old guys can be petty.  

I think Belichick was petty back when he was with the Giants. 

17 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Stone Forsythe is still out there.  

As is Alaric Jackson. 

10 minutes ago, soulman said:

I'll have more on this one after I talk to my grandson and my soul brother in GB.

Soulman has a soul brother. Interesting.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

A few WR's I'm keeping my eye on

Tamarrion Terry- tall receiver, was once thought of as a top 90 pick

Marquez Stevenson- dude can FLY

Dazz Newsome- great route runner

Cade Johnson- reminds me of a taller Cole Beasley

We need to all band together and pray to the football gods that one of them is there at #208. 

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Brady did same thing when they drafted Garropollo (not immediately but after G won some games and started making noise).  

He went to Kraft and said him or me.  I'm not looking over my shoulder.   

Kraft said bye bye Jimmy.   Belichick was pissed.   

Brady said deal with it.

Who had/has more clout, Brady or Rodgers?

Rodgers has some leverage but the Packer Corporation isn't gonna play those same games with him they did with Favre who actually had to be re-signed.  I don't believe they're gonna go down that appeasement road a second time.

Rodgers is under contract through 2023 (his age 40) but his guaranteed $$$ is all used up.  GB doesn't want to throw more gtd money at him because they plan to have Love take over by 2023 when releasing or trading Rodgers will save them over $25 mil.

With Rodgers it's far more about money and having control than about Love.  This is gonna be a contest of wills with Rodgers pressing the issue now before Love is ready to take over.  I get it but I don't think it's gonna work.  They're gonna tell him to honor his contract which by the end of 2023 will have paid him over $150 mil.

• Like 1