2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I do get where you're coming from, but...I think that was their original position. I'm not so sure that Murphy and Gutekunst aren't reconsidering. 

Nothing is impossible except maybe getting his way as far as trading Love and firing Gutekunst.  Murphy may control Guntekunst fate but Murphy's fate isn't controlled by just one owner like Robert Kraft in NE.

GB is a publicly owned team with a Board of Directors.  That's who Murphy answers to and I doubt they'd be OK with Guntekunst getting fired just to please Aaron Rodgers when he's nearing the end of his days in GB anyway.

It's inevitable that GB will move on from him at some point in time and also inevitable that a GM will do what he has to in order to protect his team at the QB position and also to make monetary decisions that make the most sense.

If this was 2022 I believe they would trade him but right now his cap hit and dead cap are roughly the same.  Next year his dead cap is over $22 mil less than his cap hit. That's when he becomes a very tradeable commodity with two years left on his deal at $25 mil each. 

Teams will line up to make a trade for him, GB is out from under a nearly $40 mil cap hit, and Love becomes their starter.  Rodgers and his agent know this too so much like they did with Carson Palmer when Cincy drafted Dalton they're pushing the issue now to not only get more $$$ but also as Rodgers revenge to foil Gutekunst plan.

Don't ever underestimate what a selfish jerk Aaron Rodger can be when he sets his mind to it.

18 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Imo we need a guy who can actually handle the load of Monty goes down again

That’s literally what Damien Williams is here for. He can give you 15 carries a game with receiving ability too. He was exactly that guy for KC during the stretch run and playoffs when they won the SB. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I almost always forget that you're actually older than I am. 

Geezers for the win! 

Oh yeah.  My problem is while my brain still thinks I'm half my age my body keeps telling me not to listen to my brain....🤕

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s literally what Damien Williams is here for. He can give you 15 carries a game with receiving ability too. He was exactly that guy for KC during the stretch run and playoffs when they won the SB. 

He's a 1 year rental...

Marquez Stevenson-WR gone now too.... Not a great talent, but he had elite acceleration and great top end speed.  Wouldn't have been upset with him at all, given Fields' ability to throw downfield, I'd like more downfield type WR.

Edited by Epyon

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

He's a 1 year rental...

A lot of teams’ RB3 is an experienced former starter over a rookie. Personally should Monty be out I’m far more comfortable with a vet like Williams there - someone I not only know is a capable runner but also someone who can also handle NFL pass pro. That’s not to say we shouldn’t develop a RB too, but are the guys at this point any better than Pierce? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s not to say we shouldn’t develop a RB too, but are the guys at this point any better than Pierce? 

I don't know what to think about that whole situation. Nagy apparently doesn't like Pierce for some reason.

Don't ask me why.