2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

4 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

This was everything I said about Stephen Morris from the U. Played in a pro system for 4 years. Under center a lot. Rocket launcher. Then mid senior season I finally started seeing what everyone else did. Josh Freeman might be a better comp.

Physically I get the comp, but mentally / emotionally / work ethic it gets murky because there has been a lot said about Freeman over time. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not.  

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

The way he sticks his back leg out way behind him always makes me think someone is going to land on it.  

I hadn't noticed that. I'll have to take a look. Good catch. That would scare the hell out of me if he's putting it way out there when dropping.  They will have to re-work his feet or make sure he's dropping into a dovetail  

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Yeah, this dude is a statue/pocket passer and that's fine. I just like my QBs to have *some* juice.

It would be a lot better if he did. No doubt about that. But if he ends up being Pace's Plan E (or whatever it would be), you know what they say about beggars...

I think at this point, and again this is by far the least involved I've been in a Chicago Bears off-season/NFL Draft cycle, I'd be good with Kellen Mond in round 2, Davis Mills/Kyle Trask in round 3.

Trading up would be a nightmare for us, and we need to upgrade at OT and WR which is ripe early in this draft.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Physically I get the comp, but mentally / emotionally / work ethic it gets murky because there has been a lot said about Freeman over time. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not.  

All that is for pro days and meeting's and stuff you and I will never know til it's on ESPN.  Prospect wise imo it's a decent comp.

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hadn't noticed that. I'll have to take a look. Good catch. That would scare the hell out of me if he's putting it way out there when dropping.  They will have to re-work his feet or make sure he's dropping into a dovetail  

I'd thought someone mentioned it in this video but maybe it's just something that stuck out to me.  This guy makes a lot out of the way he sinks onto his back leg, which does explain some of the delay in his release.  Doesn't look terrible and he has a lot of power but just an odd detail. At his size he'd look weird doing Brees' thing I guess.

Weird body shape, kind of like Cutler with big legs. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Kellen Mond says he has been in contact quite a bit with the Bears.

Honestly I like the sound of this.  He's probably the next best QB with big upside outside of the top-5 guys (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Mac).

I have a feeling Bears may try and snag him late 1st for that coveted 5th year and to avoid teams like Vikings/Broncos.  At this point that might seem a little high for him to go but that's how the draft works sometimes.

Remind me of this message in 4 weeks.

14 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Honestly I like the sound of this.  He's probably the next best QB with big upside outside of the top-5 guys (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Mac).

It wouldn't bother me, but...do you like him better than Trask? I mean, he's certainly got a stronger arm than Trask, and is more WAY more mobile, but it seems to me like he does pretty much everything else worse than Trask does. 

47 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I have a feeling Bears may try and snag him late 1st for that coveted 5th year and to avoid teams like Vikings/Broncos.  At this point that might seem a little high for him to go but that's how the draft works sometimes.

Remind me of this message in 4 weeks.

The 5th year option is no longer as valuable that it is guaranteed.

Listening to Hoge and Jahns at lunch.   Pointed out that last time QBs sent 1,2,3 with 5 in first round was 1999.

1    1    Cleveland Browns    Tim Couch     QB    Kentucky    SEC 
1    2    Philadelphia Eagles    Donovan McNabb †    QB    Syracuse    Big East    
1    3    Cincinnati Bengals    Akili Smith     QB    Oregon    Pac-10    
1    11    Minnesota Vikings    Daunte Culpepper †    QB    UCF    Ind. (I-A)    from Washington [R1 - 4]
1    12    Chicago Bears    Cade McNown     QB    UCLA

Bears took QB 5.   Did not turn out well.