2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The whole false narrative that Pace being terrible at drafting has been a joke.

I've spent the last 2 years trying to get this thru peoples head while backing it up with facts but some people just refused to hear it.

In the minds of most fans the big misses will always outweigh the smaller hits.  The media guides them into that kind of thinking because it sells.  That's why I prefer to post stuff by Jonathan Wood and Jeff Hughes from DaBears Blog who take a much different approach to their analysis providing data and suggestions that make a lot of sense.

One thing I've learned as a musician is that if you plan to try out some new material always do it in the middle of the gig.  That way if it's a clunker or a plain old fashioned "train wreck" because you didn't rehearse it enough you have the rest of the night to recover from it and make people forget.  The more they drink the easier it is too. LOL

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 5:28 PM, Nads786 said:

Lous pizza and maybe drink my tears depending on what Pace does.

Was that Lou Malnatti's pizza?  I was in Chicago one time and had one of their pizzas and it was the best I'd ever had in my life - and I've eaten a LOT of pizza.  I actually went on a road trip from Minneapolis to Chicago one time just to get another one.  Good, good stuff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Was that Lou Malnatti's pizza?  I was in Chicago one time and had one of their pizzas and it was the best I'd ever had in my life - and I've eaten a LOT of pizza.  I actually went on a road trip from Minneapolis to Chicago one time just to get another one.  Good, good stuff!

Save the gas......you can get them shipped to you now.  LOL

https://www.loumalnatis.com/ship-lous

The deep dish is one of those delicacies everyone should try at least once.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Thin crust is crappy, but their deep dish is good.  

16 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The whole false narrative that Pace being terrible at drafting has been a joke.

I've spent the last 2 years trying to get this thru peoples head while backing it up with facts but some people just refused to hear it.

I've never denied he knows talent. I simply question some of his decisions. I don't even really blame him for White or Trubisky...all that much, anyway. 

Pace has always been a middle tier drafter because of too many big misses and never having enough picks.

This draft, in my opinion, is going to be a huge boom for him and move him up significantly.

But this is also a draft where he went away from some of his worst tendencies.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

But this is also a draft where he went away from some of his worst tendencies

This was huge.  Too many previous higher picks were based solely on athleticism and perceived upside beginning with Kevin White.  Mitch was another example and Shaheen one that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Every single one of these positions needed to be re-drafted or in White's case required spending big on ARob as a FA.  Can't complete a house when walls are falling down and it's foundation keeps crumbling.

He seems to have been weaning himself away from that over the previous couple of drafts and in this one that process seems complete.  All of his picks stand a good chance of making the team or should be on the PS.

An uh Windy.....WTF happened to you?  No more Pace anger and disgust?  Is it really you behind these posts or do you have a twin?  For once we're beginning to agree!

That's scary.....😲   LOL

5 hours ago, soulman said:

Save the gas......you can get them shipped to you now.  LOL

https://www.loumalnatis.com/ship-lous

The deep dish is one of those delicacies everyone should try at least once.

Thanks soulman.  I've seen those and they would be great.  Unfortunately, I'm allergic to tomatoes so I order all my pizzas without tomato sauce on them.   I've checked on them, but they are pre-made so I'm out of luck.

We did get a few Giordano's places in Minneapolis a few years ago but their crust is kind of doughy compared to Lou's.  Oh well.  Lou's is worth a short 6-7 hour drive.  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Thin crust is crappy, but their deep dish is good.  

Yep.  I agree.  By the second time I went down, it had been a few years and I couldn't remember what I ordered so I tried thin crust.  I was wrong.  The thin crust was very average.  The first time I was down there, I had their deep dish butter crust pizza.  That thing was unbelievable!

19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Thanks soulman.  I've seen those and they would be great.  Unfortunately, I'm allergic to tomatoes so I order all my pizzas without tomato sauce on them.   I've checked on them, but they are pre-made so I'm out of luck.

We did get a few Giordano's places in Minneapolis a few years ago but their crust is kind of doughy compared to Lou's.  Oh well.  Lou's is worth a short 6-7 hour drive.  :)

You're welcome.  Nice to see you here Buck.  Crazy draft for the Bears eh?

Sorry to hear about the tomato allergy.  That's a ***** and kind of a handicap with Deep Dish since it's typically loaded with tomato sauce.  Giordano's is good too but different and there's only room for one "very best".  Lou Malnati's has held that title for years.

I've thought about order a couple of frozen ones online but am also lucky enough to have an excellent Chicago style pizza joint called Jimano's just 5 minutes from me.  I haven't tried their Deep Dish yet because their Thin Crust is just so damn good.

It's become kind of a hangout for Chicago area transplants and one of the only places around here I know of that sells Old Style and also knows how to make a Vienna Beef Samich the right way.  So wet ya' gotta eat it on a plate with a knife and fork.

They took me outta Chicago but no one could ever completely take the Chicago outta me.

So what's up with the Jags sig line?  Did you change your allegiance?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

You're welcome.  Nice to see you here Buck.  Crazy draft for the Bears eh?

Sorry to hear about the tomato allergy.  That's a ***** and kind of a handicap with Deep Dish since it's typically loaded with tomato sauce.  Giordano's is good too but different and there's only room for one "very best".  Lou Malnati's has held that title for years.

I've thought about order a couple of frozen ones online but am also lucky enough to have an excellent Chicago style pizza joint called Jimano's just 5 minutes from me.  I haven't tried their Deep Dish yet because their Thin Crust is just so damn good.

It's become kind of a hangout for Chicago area transplants and one of the only places around here I know of that sells Old Style and also knows how to make a Vienna Beef Samich the right way.  So wet ya' gotta eat it on a plate with a knife and fork.

They took me outta Chicago but no one could ever completely take the Chicago outta me.

So what's up with the Jags sig line?  Did you change your allegiance?

Yep.  Lou's is #1.  Kind of like your draft!  That was unbelieveable.  I didn't think there was any way that Fields would fall past both Carolina and Denver, but once he got to #10 it started looking like a possibility.  Then Dallas traded with Philadelphia and he fell to the GIants at #11.  At that point, you had to just hope Pace would have the stones to pull the trigger on a big trade up after the miss on Trubisky.  Wasn't it amazing when suddenly it showed Chicago on the clock?  At that point, I knew it had to be Fields.  It's great to think that the Bears finally have what should be a very, very good quarterback.  Mix him with the traditional beastly Chicago defense and opposing teams are going to be in for a lot of long afternoons!

As for myself, it's a long story, but I made the switch to being a Jaguars fan.  I'm planning to move down to that part of the country before too long, and it was between the three Florida teams.    With the Jags, you're starting at the bottom, but at least they will have a good QB.  I also like the teal uniforms and the Jaguar logo.  To make a long story short, after 50 years it was just time for a change of scenery. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep.  Lou's is #1.  Kind of like your draft!  That was unbelieveable.  I didn't think there was any way that Fields would fall past both Carolina and Denver, but once he got to #10 it started looking like a possibility.  Then Dallas traded with Philadelphia and he fell to the GIants at #11.  At that point, you had to just hope Pace would have the stones to pull the trigger on a big trade up after the miss on Trubisky.  Wasn't it amazing when suddenly it showed Chicago on the clock?  At that point, I knew it had to be Fields.  It's great to think that the Bears finally have what should be a very, very good quarterback.  Mix him with the traditional beastly Chicago defense and opposing teams are going to be in for a lot of long afternoons!

As for myself, it's a long story, but I made the switch to being a Jaguars fan.  I'm planning to move down to that part of the country before too long, and it was between the three Florida teams.    With the Jags, you're starting at the bottom, but at least they will have a good QB.  I also like the teal uniforms and the Jaguar logo.  To make a long story short, after 50 years it was just time for a change of scenery. 

Gonna trade your parkas and snowmobile boots in for some warmer weather gear eh?

I don't blame you.  The Midwestern Winters wore me out long ago.  It's not like Denver has no winter but most years it far milder with a lengthy spring and fall.

I was only monitoring the draft online while doing other stuff so I missed the Dallas/Philly trade completely thinking it was gonna be another hour or more before the Bears picked and only casually paying attention.  When I saw the chyron that said the Bears were on the clock I knew that it almost had to be Fields they wanted.

But Jenkins was the other surprise.  I was a bit late tuning in so I'm reviewing the first few picks before getting ready to settle in for awhile before pick #52 comes up and I see the trade being announced.  At that point and given who had been taken an OT was the only thing that made sense and Jenkins was the top OT on the board.

I'd posted prior to the draft that Paces future hinged more on this draft than anything else and he didn't disappoint.  He's been moderately aggressive in the past but those were like practice rounds compared to this.  This time two top picks he wanted were there for the taking and he still had just enough trade booty to get them. Good work.

18 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep Lou Malnattis! Good bump on this post. Based on Pace drafting Justin Fields, I had a different use for my tears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

Yep Lou Malnattis! Good bump on this post. Based on Pace drafting Justin Fields, I had a different use for my tears.

It seems like spending a Sunday afternoon cheering a Justin Fields-led Bears team to another win, followed up by a Lou's deep dish pie might become a pretty good tradition in Chicago! 

It also sounds like Pace and Nagy are going all in to hold up their end of the bargain to get the job done too.  They just signed another weapon for Justin with WR Damiere Byrd.  Looking at the numbers, he had a decent year in 2020, so hopefully he will make a nice #3 receiver for you.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Anybody like Connie's pizza? I remember they were good.