2021 NFL Draft

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've never tried them.  I'll have to put them on the list as a possibility next time I go through Chicago.

Pequods. Pepperoni and garlic deep dish. Thank me later 😉

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Pequods is a very good competitor to Lous. I've also heard good things about Art of Pizza and Chicago Oven Grinder. 

Been to all three... Art of Pizza is very good but VERY heavy. Chicago Oven Grinder is funky, comes out like a pot pie but still delicious.

I must say that of the pizza's listed Pequod's has the tastiest deep dish pizza.  I went to school in Hyde Park so I had Giordano's on are regular basis but when I tasted Pequod's it reshaped my world.  That crust is somethin' special.

• Like 1
On 5/4/2021 at 3:45 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Was that Lou Malnatti's pizza?  I was in Chicago one time and had one of their pizzas and it was the best I'd ever had in my life - and I've eaten a LOT of pizza.  I actually went on a road trip from Minneapolis to Chicago one time just to get another one.  Good, good stuff!

A lady in my class in highschool actual married a Malnatti.  They ended up catering our last reunion when the venue we had reserved went belly up at the last minute. Best disaster recovery ever 😋

• Like 2
8 hours ago, dafreak said:

Perhaps we need a new Pizza post? 😀

Might as well.  Then the NE fans can have one about clams and lobstah and the Packer fans can discuss their favorite cheddar and draft beer.  😁

On 5/4/2021 at 4:08 AM, soulman said:

In the minds of most fans the big misses will always outweigh the smaller hits.  The media guides them into that kind of thinking because it sells.  That's why I prefer to post stuff by Jonathan Wood and Jeff Hughes from DaBears Blog who take a much different approach to their analysis providing data and suggestions that make a lot of sense.

One thing I've learned as a musician is that if you plan to try out some new material always do it in the middle of the gig.  That way if it's a clunker or a plain old fashioned "train wreck" because you didn't rehearse it enough you have the rest of the night to recover from it and make people forget.  The more they drink the easier it is too. LOL

See, I get this. But I don't subscribe to the idea that if a GM misses big on one swing but hits on several others that it somehow makes them terrible at drafting either.

It's a flawed line of thinking IMO. Just because Pace missed on a QB (Mitch--albeit the most important position) doesn't mean he is terrible at drafting just because he went all in and traded/drafted a failed prospect.

As a GM, that's what you're supposed to do in modern times. Draft a QB you believe in and do what you have to do to build around him while he's still under his rookie contract.

Was Pace wrong about Mitch, yes. I didn't like him from the beginning.  But the game isn't all about the QB position either. It's about building a TEAM! And like it or not Pace has drafted players who have been key components in other aspects that have helped us win and those players have seemed to have been throw under the rug.  All because of the sour grapes of him missing on a QB and going all in on him and trying to build a team around him in order to finally get us a damn SB. 

The same way that he's doing now with Fields but with better insight and learning from his mistakes.

And that's something people need to understand too.  Having a good QB doesn't necessarily equal a SB either. You still have to put the right pieces in place surrounded by that QB to be successful.

• Like 1

Once again the media drives home this idea that a franchise QB is the keystone to a SB win yet without a supporting cast it ain't happenin'.  Mahomes has that and won a SB whereas an equally talented QB like Watson has not.

Rodgers is all about leaving GB because he's not getting the supporting cast "he wants" and believes that's hurting his prospects of winning another SB.  As more and more leaks out is sure seems like his departure is inevitable.

Despite missing on Mitch and having traded away picks that would have helped him to rebuild the OL Pace's has show talent at signing and drafting a good supporting cast. This year he dealt with his misses in a very aggressive manner.

While I'm not 100% on his side right now I don't know what more we could ask for than we've gotten other than to see it all work out and finally see the Bears progress towards a championship again.

12 hours ago, soulman said:

Might as well.  Then the NE fans can have one about clams and lobstah and the Packer fans can discuss their favorite cheddar and draft beer.  😁

tenor.gif

• Like 2