1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

It wouldn't bother me, but...do you like him better than Trask? I mean, he's certainly got a stronger arm than Trask, and is more WAY more mobile, but it seems to me like he does pretty much everything else worse than Trask does. 

I think Trask is slept on because he isn't mobile. But mobility is outside the pocket in this, he can maneuver in the pocket and slide around as well as any QB in this draft. He threw under pressure a LOT this season and did a good job of it.

That being said he does not fit several systems due to his lack of mobility so that hurts him.

I'd actually like to see him go to TB to learn under Brady in Arian's offense. There you really need to be able to be accurate, make reads under pressure, and own the pocket rather than get creative outside of it. That's what fits Trask.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It wouldn't bother me, but...do you like him better than Trask? I mean, he's certainly got a stronger arm than Trask, and is more WAY more mobile, but it seems to me like he does pretty much everything else worse than Trask does. 

It's hard for me to say because they are two different types of QBs.

To me Mond is the more dynamic football player and Trask is the guy with a higher floor but limited upside

Now that doesn't mean Mond will be the better NFL QB but I believe his star potential is definitely higher than Trask's

I'd be fine with Bears drafting either.

I'm just hoping they give us someone with long term starter potential that can bring even just a little hope to this fanbase 

• Like 1

People forget that before one of the best TE prospects to ever walk through earth decided not to play in the bowl game Trask was considered a potential 1st round pick. Everyone wants to hate on him but I'd we drafted him everyone will soon forget. 

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

People forget that before one of the best TE prospects to ever walk through earth decided not to play in the bowl game Trask was considered a potential 1st round pick. Everyone wants to hate on him but I'd we drafted him everyone will soon forget. 

Was he ever a 1st in the eyes of those who matter though, or just fans?

I’m setting my expectations at this point for either Mond or Mills. Both have big upside and fans will want to rush them to the field because Dalton is just Dalton. And that’s fine. Sigh. 

44 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Was he ever a 1st in the eyes of those who matter though, or just fans?

I’m setting my expectations at this point for either Mond or Mills. Both have big upside and fans will want to rush them to the field because Dalton is just Dalton. And that’s fine. Sigh. 

GOD I hope I’m quoting myself here in 2 years after one of these guys turns out to be the ****in truth for us... 🙏🙏🙏🙏

20 minutes ago, G08 said:

In no particular order: Mond, Mills, Trask, Book.

Should be one of those four I would think...

You can take Book off that list for me. Not a fan at all as a prospect. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Same. For me that list goes:

Trask

Mills and Mond

Not drafting a QB in the first 4 rounds

Book. 

49 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Truthfully he is not

Depends who you ask really.

Most pundits have Jones ranked higher but ask yourself what really separates him from Trask?

Both are pocket passers and not overly nimble or athletic

Neither has a cannon for an arm

Both are pretty accurate and able to go through their progressions...

14 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don't love him but there is something to be said about being the winningest QB in Notre Dame history. 

If I'm being honest he's a backup with maybe some upside if his free-wheeling style translates to the NFL. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Depends who you ask really.

Most pundits have Jones ranked higher but ask yourself what really separates him from Trask?

Both are pocket passers and not overly nimble or athletic

Neither has a cannon for an arm

Both are pretty accurate and able to go through their progressions...

Trask has a noodle arm. Mac doesn’t have a cannon, but he is not throwing nerf balls.