2021 NFL Draft

dll2000

53 minutes ago, G08 said:

Brad Biggs is pretty freaking plugged in, and he nailed the Roquan Smith pick early in the pre-draft process years back.

He's thinking corner... I'm thinking he might be right.

Biggs thinks it'll be Caleb Farley tho his back injury scares me a little.

How ironic would it be to replace former VT player in Kyle Fuller with another almuni Farley in the same offseason

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How ironic would it be to replace former VT player in Kyle Fuller with another almuni Farley in the same offseason

I'd have to think the Bears would clear his medicals before thinking about drafting him. But that dude, if healthy, could be a good one. Still raw, played QB if I'm not mistaken.

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Depends who you ask really.

Most pundits have Jones ranked higher but ask yourself what really separates him from Trask?

Both are pocket passers and not overly nimble or athletic

Neither has a cannon for an arm

Both are pretty accurate and able to go through their progressions...

Neither has a cannon, but 1 of the 2 has a noodle

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Allbright said a few weeks back that Farley won't go top 15 like most project. Combine that with the Bears need at corner as well as Pace's love for corners (cc: @Heinz D.) it makes a ton of sense unfortunately

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Trask has a noodle arm. Mac doesn’t have a cannon, but he is not throwing nerf balls.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Trask has a noodle arm. Mac doesn’t have a cannon, but he is not throwing nerf balls.

I think this is the biggest misconception of Trask. His arm is by no means great but it is not terrible either as you guys are describing. 

There have been worse or similar arm strength QBs before him that have gone on to be good NFLers

In the 3rd round or later...I'd be willing to take a shot 

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

If Russell Wilson is still Pace's obsession it makes little sense to spend draft capital to trade up for a QB in lieu of taking the BPA at a position we need to fill at #20 or even trading down for another pick or two.  If you can get one of the players you like at a position you need; OT, CB, WR later in round one you have extra picks to trade up in round two where the QB you like can be found.

Whether he can pull off a deal for Wilson or not there is still a need to another QB on a rookie contract who has starting potential.  Dalton isn't the answer.  He's another placeholder just as Glennon was intended to be.  If Wilson can be acquired his deal will be restructured to become more cap friendly and we carry 3 QBs because a rookie 2nd round pick won't cost that much against the cap.

If it appears to be a deep draft for CBs then take an OT who they believe can replace Leno.  Sooner than later we need to draft one because you can't afford to buy one in FA without having to make huge sacrifices elsewhere.  IMHO it would also be smarter to get ARob inked to a new deal than to replace him for several reasons.  He's a true #1 guy and a faster Slot WR can be found later just as we did with Mooney.

IMHO and only IMHO if Wilson is still in play and Pace plans to give up as much as three 1st for him he should really get his OT now while he still has a 1st round pick provided one whose worth can be had at #20 or somewhere after that should he trade down.  We actually need more than one but for now one is all that's possible.  If he passes on that position knowing it's a weakness in his OL and his QBs will need protection then ???????.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, topwop1 said:

unlike most people here that scream whenever pace drafts a cornerback, i would be ok with the farley pick, so long as the top 4 OT are off the board, as well as the top 5 qbs and top 3 WR. most of us want the team to go offense, but if the better value is by far defense, then so be it

Jaelan Phillips, Farley, Horn, Azeez Ojulari are all guys i would consider at 20. trade back would be my next choice (or choice before that probably/maybe)

as far as farley's back, he's having a microdisectomy. i had one last year, it's an out patient surgery that isn't complicated. its mostly for slipped discs, and he could be having surgery more as a precaution than of something that happened. the teams will obviously know more information than us. i'm ok with it.

14 hours ago, soulman said:

If Russell Wilson is still Pace's obsession it makes little sense to spend draft capital to trade up for a QB in lieu of taking the BPA at a position we need to fill at #20 or even trading down for another pick or two.  If you can get one of the players you like at a position you need; OT, CB, WR later in round one you have extra picks to trade up in round two where the QB you like can be found.

Whether he can pull off a deal for Wilson or not there is still a need to another QB on a rookie contract who has starting potential.  Dalton isn't the answer.  He's another placeholder just as Glennon was intended to be.  If Wilson can be acquired his deal will be restructured to become more cap friendly and we carry 3 QBs because a rookie 2nd round pick won't cost that much against the cap.

If it appears to be a deep draft for CBs then take an OT who they believe can replace Leno.  Sooner than later we need to draft one because you can't afford to buy one in FA without having to make huge sacrifices elsewhere.  IMHO it would also be smarter to get ARob inked to a new deal than to replace him for several reasons.  He's a true #1 guy and a faster Slot WR can be found later just as we did with Mooney.

IMHO and only IMHO if Wilson is still in play and Pace plans to give up as much as three 1st for him he should really get his OT now while he still has a 1st round pick provided one whose worth can be had at #20 or somewhere after that should he trade down.  We actually need more than one but for now one is all that's possible.  If he passes on that position knowing it's a weakness in his OL and his QBs will need protection then ???????.

Bears have nil cap space now.  They moved on from Wilson after taking their best shot.  Maybe next year.  

Pace will probably focus in on an OT in draft.  He has gotten away from BPA since Mack trade to keep putting fingers in dam.