Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Been catching up on a lot prospects in this draft lately thought I’d throw together a quick mock. 
 

Lions trade 7 to DC for 19, 51, 124 and next years 2nd.  
 

19- Christian Darisaw OT VaTech

Very smart and athletic OT.  He won’t wow you by bullying guys around but he’s always in the right position.  Good length and athletic traits but how he plays above the pads that really impresses me.  Very good in combination blocks, helping inside and still switching off and picking up the correct rusher.  Kills stunts , twists and blitzes.  Locks up RT day one and after re-upping Rags the Oline could be nearly set for a 3-5 year run together.  
 

41-  Daviyon Nixon 3T Iowa 

I go back and forth on this guy a lot.  He has talent, shows flashes and can rush the passer.  Would be a solid addition to the dline rotation. I need to watch a little more of him but I feel like he’s good value here

51- Ronnie Perkins Edge Oklahoma 

Technician.  Not a freak athlete or anything but is adequate.  Good motor but it’s all about this kids repertoire of pass rush moves.  Very good with his hands. Can go inside can go edge can get under and dip or bull rush.  Can be an Everton Griffin type .  He can rotate year 1 and take over for Flowers year 2. 

72- Tylan Wallace WR Oklahoma State

Well rounded good all around player. Good value if he’s here.  I see some Robert Woods to his game Holmes may like him

101- Dwayne eskridge WR Weatern

Better overall wr than I expected.  He’s like a KJ Hamler with better hands/ball skills and a more natural route runner.  He can definitely be a slot demon but I wouldn’t confine him to that just yet.

112-Rodarius Williams CB Oklahoma State

Big physical corner. Really impressed this past season.  Like what I’ve seen from him so far. 
 

124- Cam Mcgrone ILB Michigan 

Never really made the jump people expected after early flashes at UM but still shows a lot of potential.  He’s fast and can hit, super aggressive.Maybe better as a will?  

152- Jonathan Adams Jr WR Arkansas State.

Over kill on wr?  Yeah but the cupboards bare and I like all 3 of these guys and are good value at the spots.  This kid is strong and again aggressive as all heck.  Great at playing the ball in the air and eats 50/50 balls.  Has the skills to develop a nice back shoulder to counter his jump balls If he has a qb that can make the throw.  Not a great route runner but again is a big strong aggressive wide out, uses his body well to shield on inside slants.  
 

This would set up a pretty nice foundation of young talent while still adding more future capital in Washington’s 2nd next year.


 

 


 

 

Edited by BigC421/
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will provide some more detailed comments on the other picks but some thoughts. 

From my perspective, we need a WR1 (outside), a WR2 (slot/outside) and a WR3 (ideally a slot) in the next two drafts. The bulk of our FA's have been outside guys, so we REALLY need to add a slot guy in this draft. Depending on how you want to run things, it wouldn't hurt to have a Mr. Versatile (Robert Woods was nearly 50/50 slot/outside) with a more consistent guy in the slot (Kupp-like) who also can slide outside as needed. 

If we take a closer look at these guys:

TYLAN WALLACE

Slot - 12.8%; 87.2% Wide 

ADOT - 14.8

YPR - 15.6

Cth % - 64.1%

Contested Catch: 56.5%

Drops: 4 (1.34%)

INT's (When Targeted): 5

DWAYNE ESKRIDGE

Slot - 16.9%; 83.1% Wide 

ADOT - 12.7

Cth % - 70.8%

Contested Catch: 45.6%

Drops: 3 (1.74%)

INT's (When Targeted): 0

 

JONATHAN ADAMS

Slot - 8.5%; 91.3% Wide 

ADOT - 15.3%

Cth % - 64.5%

Contested Catch: 62.2%

Drops: 11 (9.09%)

INT's (When Targeted): 0

We absolutely NEED someone who has a lot of experience in the slot. Rashod Bateman, Amari Rodgers, Rondale Moore, Terrace Marshall, Toney, Waddle all offer up a lot more experience in the slot while also having a decent amount of experience outside (15 - 30%+/-).

Even with his blazing fast 40, I do think that Moore is a guy who will be available late 2nd or even in the 3rd. He's only 5'7 and 180 lb's. His ADOT (Avg Depth of Target) was 2.8. So he was catching a ton of stuff behind or at the LOS and then just running like heck. 

Bateman gives me Michael Thomas vibes. Rodgers looks like he could be a star in the making in the slot. 

Maybe it's just me but it feels like you've double/triple dipped on similar types of guys while adding someone who is going to give us Ebron-like palms to the face. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I will provide some more detailed comments on the other picks but some thoughts. 

From my perspective, we need a WR1 (outside), a WR2 (slot/outside) and a WR3 (ideally a slot) in the next two drafts. The bulk of our FA's have been outside guys, so we REALLY need to add a slot guy in this draft. Depending on how you want to run things, it wouldn't hurt to have a Mr. Versatile (Robert Woods was nearly 50/50 slot/outside) with a more consistent guy in the slot (Kupp-like) who also can slide outside as needed. 

If we take a closer look at these guys:

TYLAN WALLACE

Slot - 12.8%; 87.2% Wide 

ADOT - 14.8

YPR - 15.6

Cth % - 64.1%

Contested Catch: 56.5%

Drops: 4 (1.34%)

INT's (When Targeted): 5

DWAYNE ESKRIDGE

Slot - 16.9%; 83.1% Wide 

ADOT - 12.7

Cth % - 70.8%

Contested Catch: 45.6%

Drops: 3 (1.74%)

INT's (When Targeted): 0

 

JONATHAN ADAMS

Slot - 8.5%; 91.3% Wide 

ADOT - 15.3%

Cth % - 64.5%

Contested Catch: 62.2%

Drops: 11 (9.09%)

INT's (When Targeted): 0

We absolutely NEED someone who has a lot of experience in the slot. Rashod Bateman, Amari Rodgers, Rondale Moore, Terrace Marshall, Toney, Waddle all offer up a lot more experience in the slot while also having a decent amount of experience outside (15 - 30%+/-).

Even with his blazing fast 40, I do think that Moore is a guy who will be available late 2nd or even in the 3rd. He's only 5'7 and 180 lb's. His ADOT (Avg Depth of Target) was 2.8. So he was catching a ton of stuff behind or at the LOS and then just running like heck. 

Bateman gives me Michael Thomas vibes. Rodgers looks like he could be a star in the making in the slot. 

Maybe it's just me but it feels like you've double/triple dipped on similar types of guys while adding someone who is going to give us Ebron-like palms to the face. 

I think if you watch them they are all very different players.  Eskridge in particular I’d assume Is being looked at primarily as a a slot.  Like you said based on skill set I think Wallace is a classic 50/50 like Woods.  He has deep ball contested catch ability but he also had some quick twitch and fluidity to him to play the slot.  More importantly than any of this Williams and Perriman would have absolutely zero influence on the players or types of players I’m drafting.  They aren’t likely part of long term plans.  
 

If your telling me Moore or Bateman are still on the board that’s a totally different story.  I’m assuming there gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

I think if you watch them they are all very different players.  Eskridge in particular I’d assume Is being looked at primarily as a a slot.  Like you said based on skill set I think Wallace is a classic 50/50 like Woods.  He has deep ball contested catch ability but he also had some quick twitch and fluidity to him to play the slot.  More importantly than any of this Williams and Perriman would have absolutely zero influence on the players or types of players I’m drafting.  They aren’t likely part of long term plans.  
 

If your telling me Moore or Bateman are still on the board that’s a totally different story.  I’m assuming there gone.

Agreed - but I do view Williams and Perriman as #2 and #4 respectively, at least for this year. We're likely to draft someone to fill that WR3 role (principally slot) and I'm hoping someone who can be WR1. I'd be more inclined to try and add a WR2 next year through FA or the draft.

Wallace - I just prefer my outside guys to have a bit more size. I'm not convinced that Wallace does add up his billing of 6'0, 190 lbs. For comparisons sake, Woods played 25% of his snaps in the slot coming out of USC (as of 2011 stats in PFF). It's not to say that Wallace can't do it but I'd like to see a bigger sample size if I am going to be projecting someone into a particular role. 

Just based on the drops alone, I'd be dropping Adams. Volatility is just not in my nature and I would not want that in my gameplan. There's only 4 guys with double digit drops and he is one of them, tied for the second most. 

I think I we'll see Moore in the top of the 3rd and Bateman in the top of the 2nd. 

I think I would prefer to see

1 - 19 - Darisaw

2 - Bateman

2 - Perkins or a 3T (Maybe Nixon is still there, it's only 10 spots lower)

3 - Moore

....

2021 is a gimme year. If the Lions have success, great, if not it's not going to be an issue. They're rebuilding this thing. Improving the talent at WR is going to help Goff have success in the short term and it'll give us a platform to build off of when our QBOTF is here. If we do that and address the RT with Darisaw, there isn't really a weakness on the offense other than at QB (and maybe Goff surprises us). You can focus the rest of the picks this year and next on rebuilding the defense from scratch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Agreed - but I do view Williams and Perriman as #2 and #4 respectively, at least for this year. We're likely to draft someone to fill that WR3 role (principally slot) and I'm hoping someone who can be WR1. I'd be more inclined to try and add a WR2 next year through FA or the draft.

Wallace - I just prefer my outside guys to have a bit more size. I'm not convinced that Wallace does add up his billing of 6'0, 190 lbs. For comparisons sake, Woods played 25% of his snaps in the slot coming out of USC (as of 2011 stats in PFF). It's not to say that Wallace can't do it but I'd like to see a bigger sample size if I am going to be projecting someone into a particular role. 

Just based on the drops alone, I'd be dropping Adams. Volatility is just not in my nature and I would not want that in my gameplan. There's only 4 guys with double digit drops and he is one of them, tied for the second most. 

I think I we'll see Moore in the top of the 3rd and Bateman in the top of the 2nd. 

I think I would prefer to see

1 - 19 - Darisaw

2 - Bateman

2 - Perkins or a 3T (Maybe Nixon is still there, it's only 10 spots lower)

3 - Moore

....

2021 is a gimme year. If the Lions have success, great, if not it's not going to be an issue. They're rebuilding this thing. Improving the talent at WR is going to help Goff have success in the short term and it'll give us a platform to build off of when our QBOTF is here. If we do that and address the RT with Darisaw, there isn't really a weakness on the offense other than at QB (and maybe Goff surprises us). You can focus the rest of the picks this year and next on rebuilding the defense from scratch. 

If we can get Bateman and Moore than sign me up.  I’m not completely up to date on long term ramifications of Moore’s injury situation but if that kid played at Bama or OSU and was healthy I think we’d be talking about him in the top 20

 

understand skepticism on Adams and I’ll likely cool on him over time but he has a ton of potential and can probably be had in the 6th or so. He could be a Darius Slayton 

Edited by BigC421/
Link to post
Share on other sites

like every prospect you took. good job. overall. A+ Darrisaw isnt my go to. but overall had mocks like this and it seems best for future. future of o line. future picks. pass rush help. dt pass rush help. gooooooooood WR picks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

If we can get Bateman and Moore than sign me up.  I’m not completely up to date on long term ramifications of Moore’s injury situation but if that kid played at Bama or OSU and was healthy I think we’d be talking about him in the top 20

 

understand skepticism on Adams and I’ll likely cool on him over time but he has a ton of potential and can probably be had in the 6th or so. He could be a Darius Slayton 

Why I think he'll (Moore) slip is:

Size: 5'7 and 180 lbs. 

Durability: Already has an injury history, it'll drop him a bit

Deep WR Class: There's already a very strong group ahead of him although he's in the mix

Limited route tree: Wasn't asked to run a lot of different routes

I personally like him a lot, even more so than D. Smith or Waddle because of value. I think we'd be able to get an equally good if not better overall player for something in the mid 2nd - mid 3rd range as opposed to having to take that guy in the 1st. We could do far worse having a guy like Rondale as our WR3 IMO. 

I'd have to watch more tape on Adams (don't mean to be totally dismissive). It's hard to see a guy with a 64.5% catch rate also have double digit drops. There's something up with that, so I'll have to dig in more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Why I think he'll (Moore) slip is:

Size: 5'7 and 180 lbs. 

Durability: Already has an injury history, it'll drop him a bit

Deep WR Class: There's already a very strong group ahead of him although he's in the mix

Limited route tree: Wasn't asked to run a lot of different routes

I personally like him a lot, even more so than D. Smith or Waddle because of value. I think we'd be able to get an equally good if not better overall player for something in the mid 2nd - mid 3rd range as opposed to having to take that guy in the 1st. We could do far worse having a guy like Rondale as our WR3 IMO. 

I'd have to watch more tape on Adams (don't mean to be totally dismissive). It's hard to see a guy with a 64.5% catch rate also have double digit drops. There's something up with that, so I'll have to dig in more. 

whoa I think Rondale goes top 25. you think possibly the 3rd RD??????  And cmon its not close to Waddle. Wish he didnt get hurt. He'd probably be #1 WR

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

whoa I think Rondale goes top 25. you think possibly the 3rd RD??????  And cmon its not close to Waddle. Wish he didnt get hurt. He'd probably be #1 WR

There was a bunch of guys that went later than initially expected last year- Tee Higgins was someone being mocked on a regular basis in the 1st as was Pittman. The understanding that this is another deep WR class is going to hurt Rondale IMO. The fact that he's 5'7 and 180 lbs is going to hurt him. The fact that he has an injury history is going to hurt him. 

I'm talking about value - even with all of that stuff, I think that Moore will be a really good weapon when he is on the field. The issue at hand is whether some of these durability issues will show up because of his size/stature. If you are investing a top 25 pick into that guy, you're going to be disappointed. If you're investing a 50th - 96th, then you can temper expectations and take advantage of the time when he is there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

There was a bunch of guys that went later than initially expected last year- Tee Higgins was someone being mocked on a regular basis in the 1st as was Pittman. The understanding that this is another deep WR class is going to hurt Rondale IMO. The fact that he's 5'7 and 180 lbs is going to hurt him. The fact that he has an injury history is going to hurt him. 

I'm talking about value - even with all of that stuff, I think that Moore will be a really good weapon when he is on the field. The issue at hand is whether some of these durability issues will show up because of his size/stature. If you are investing a top 25 pick into that guy, you're going to be disappointed. If you're investing a 50th - 96th, then you can temper expectations and take advantage of the time when he is there. 

hey i agree. just think he still goes in the 1st. and personally id stay clear of anyone 5'7". If we pass on D. Smith because of size. No way we'd then go for a worse/smaller/less durable WR. like you said this class is stacked. if you want to say maybe the 3rd rd or later for WR im all in on Eskridge, Terry,  Marquez Stevenson even. Sorry for bold. copy and paste. shoot nico collins even. but yeah if somehow he drops to the 3rd. i get what you're saying in value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFL_Fan said:

hey i agree. just think he still goes in the 1st. and personally id stay clear of anyone 5'7". If we pass on D. Smith because of size. No way we'd then go for a worse/smaller/less durable WR. like you said this class is stacked. if you want to say maybe the 3rd rd or later for WR im all in on Eskridge, Terry,  Marquez Stevenson even. Sorry for bold. copy and paste. shoot nico collins even. but yeah if somehow he drops to the 3rd. i get what you're saying in value. 

i shouldnt say worse. ill say less productive..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...