Vikings sign S Xavier Woods

solidvikingfan

TBH, assuming it's one of those bargain deals, the Vikes probably still helped their secondary out a great deal with Woods at SS and Mackenzie Alexander joining their top 3 CB's.  

I mean, that's a very winnable division - the Bears & Lions are very much a work in progress, and Green Bay has holes, and limited resources to address.    Minny taking the NFCN wouldn't be that surprising.   

In the end, though, they'll need Danielle Hunter to be great, for that D to really turn things around.   As always, a disruptive pass rush is a great way to help secondaries play up.   

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

TBH, assuming it's one of those bargain deals, the Vikes probably still helped their secondary out a great deal with Woods at SS and Mackenzie Alexander joining their top 3 CB's.  

I mean, that's a very winnable division - the Bears & Lions are very much a work in progress, and Green Bay has holes, and limited resources to address.    Minny taking the NFCN wouldn't be that surprising.   

In the end, though, they'll need Danielle Hunter to be great, for that D to really turn things around.   As always, a disruptive pass rush is a great way to help secondaries play up.   

There’s a lot of work to be done in the trenches, specifically DE and OG. I’d like to believe that will be the focus on the first two days of the draft. If Hunter returns to form, that completely changes the defense. Otherwise, the Vikes don’t have a pass rushing threat at DE.

I like the adds to the secondary. The amount of youth was a problem last year.

Edited by vikingsrule

Woods can thump for a FS, but he's always a few steps away and almost zero ball skills.  Year after year, we waited for him to take that next step, but it never happened.   Donovan Wilson (SS) had more flashplays in half a season than Woods in 4 years. 

Like I said, dude can thump and is durable (I don't think he missed a single game for us), but he's not a real FS.  He was one of the players I wanted them to draft in 2017 and was estatic that we traded back in the round to nab him.  Good kid,wish him well, hope a new scheme can do something for him. 

Edited by ///mcompact

47 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Woods can thump for a FS, but he's always a few steps away and almost zero ball skills.  Year after year, we waited for him to take that next step, but it never happened.   Donovan Wilson (SS) had more flashplays in half a season than Woods in 4 years. 

Like I said, dude can thump and is durable (I don't think he missed a single game for us), but he's not a real FS.  He was one of the players I wanted them to draft in 2017 and was estatic that we traded back in the round to nab him.  Good kid,wish him well, hope a new scheme can do something for him. 

Almost sounds like Andrew Sendejo and Zimmer had a lot of success with Harrison Smith and Sendejo as his Safetys.

23 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

That's a fairly accurate description of him. Think he'd be better off on the strong side and by being asked not to do as much in coverage.

• Like 1