Mock draft;

-Free agent signings: Trai Turner, Richard Sherman and Alex Smith all sign 1yr deals. 

-Resign: Brian Poole

-Release: GVR, Lewis, Ficken and Griffin.

-Trades: Sam Darnold to Denver for #40 and #152.

NFL Draft;

1. (2) Zach Wilson. Qb. BYU. Seems a forgone conclusion now. Can make every throw in the book (plus a few that aren’t even in the book!!) He is a great athlete. Throws with precision and anticipation. Has that swagger about him too. Slightly arrogant but not too much. Perfect blend. I get trading down to build up the roster but the trade the other day between SF & Miami means we are getting a qb. 

1.(23) Jaycee Horn. Cb. South Carolina. This time last week I thought he’d easily be here but with possibly Farley dropping he could be in play here instead. As for Horn, he’s got tremendous size, very instinctive and overall competitiveness. He fits what we are going to run and in that style of zone system he should be a perfect #1cb in a year or two. Competition with both Sherman and Hall for the two starting spots. 

2. (34) Rondale Moore. Wr. Purdue. So somewhat of a luxury pick and some people won’t like it because they think the WR core is ‘good enough’. Personally with Cole and Crowder being FA next year we can incorporate Moore in this year and have him take over next year. Small guy but unbelievable athletic ability and a genuine playmaker. We still lack that home run hitter and Moore would be perfect. LaFleur would design plays to make him a superstar.

2. (40) Wyatt Davis. Og. Ohio State. He was one of my favourite guard prospects but has slipped recently. I think he’s a plug and play guard from day one. He has all the physical tools you want and has that nasty mauler style that will compliment what we have already on the line. 

3. (66) Jabril Cox. Lb. LSU. One of my favourite players in the draft even taking team bias out of it. Violent, athletic and just a natural ball player. Will add to the speed Coach Saleh wants in his defense and to be honest I think he’d become one of our best defensive players by year two.

3. (86) Ronnie Perkins. Edge. Oklahoma. Can’t ever have enough pass rushers and for me Perkins could be that situational pass rusher from day one and within a year be a starter on the line. Has great speed and strength, decent amount of pass rush moves and would fit in perfectly with the aggressive style of defense we will employ.  

4.(107) Ben Cleveland. Og. Georgia. We double dip at guard here with Cleveland. He has great size and the real mauler style that would be perfect next to the Big Ticket. Still think he needs improvement on pass plays and I do think he’d need a year to fully acclimatise to the NFL. Having Turner to start this year and let Cleveland and Clarke battle for the spot next year seems a healthy competition.  

5. (146) Israel Mukuamu. Cb. South Carolina. So we double dip at cb and from the same team too!! I just love the upside here. Mukuamu is a 6’3 corner, he is rangy, long, athletic and extremely physical. He could find reps early on in sub packages mirroring a tight end or big slot receiver. Having Sherman to mentor him would be great too and also the added competition of seeing his college teammate go in the 1st round may spur him on further. 

5. (152) Tre' McKitty. Te. Georgia. I really wanted to add another playmaker here. McKitty can challenge for that TE/H-back spot that we know we will incorporate in the offense. He’s a solid athlete and a natural pass catcher. Really blocks well too which I like. 

5. (154) Rhamondre Stevenson. Rb. Oklahoma. I feel we really end up drafting a guy late than spending a high pick on one. Stevenson is huge at 250lbs. Shows real patience and can get loose when given the chance even for a man his size. He brings something that our other backs simply don’t. 

6. (186) Kary Vincent. Cb. LSU. Real developmental player here. Vincent has the athletic traits we all dream of. It’s just a case of becoming consistent and ideally he’s a long term slot cb. Will be used in special teams and just try and develop him. 

UDFA: Riley Patterson, K, Memphis. 

Depth Chart: 

Qb- Wilson, Smith, Morgan 

Rb- Johnson, Stevenson, Coleman, Perine, Adams (RBBC) 

Wr- Davis, Cole, Smith

Slot- Crowder, Moore

Wr- Mims, Smith, Cager

Te- Herndon, McKitty, Wesco, Kroft

Lt- Becton, McDermott 

Lg- Turner, Cleveland

C- McGovern, Feeney

Rg- Davis, Clark 

Rt- Fant, Edoga

De- Lawson, Curry, Huff

Dt- Williams, Shepherd

Dt- Foley/Rankins

De- JFM, Perkins, Zuniga

Lb- Cox, Cashman

Lb- Mosley, Davis

Lb- Davis, Dawkins

Cb- Sherman, Bless, Jackson

Slot- Poole, Vincent

Cb- Horn, Hall, Guidry/Brown

S- Maye, Hassell/Hampton

S- Joyner, Davis

K- Patterson

P- Mann

Kr/Pr- Moore

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 2

I like the mock for the most part. I’d prefer OG at 34 only because I think there will be a run on them. If we do trade Sam for 40, maybe not so bad. If we need a slot WR Moore is good but I’d prefer to wait until round 3 at the earliest. Good chance Atwell is there. Maybe K in round 6 instead of a project player who may never see the field?

This is funny, I was actually thinking about doing a mock and I had McKitty, Cleveland, Cox, and Davis. At #23, I had us picking Surtain because I think Horn is going to take his spot. 

This is a WR deep draft, so drafting someone like Moore so early to me is a wasted pick. I would rather the Jets draft Collins at ILB/OLB especially in light of the fact that we have many of our LB's on one year contracts.

If you see tape on him, he has an innate ability to read the qb and plays the line, the pass, and secondary. A stud, if he isn't drafted in round 1. If we have an additional 2nd rounder in the second round I would like to see the Jets double dip at the CB position.

Having 2 3rd round picks this is where the Jets can address the line with a Center, and a TE, in the 4th round a guy like Cleveland would be fine and a good addition. Here is where the scouts make their money, the Jets take a safety with the first 5th round pick, then with the second 5th rounder grab an sleeper RB/PR.

In the 6th round, remember this name if he should wind up somewhere else, because the guy is a sleeper stud WR at 6'4" Josh Imatorbhebhe rated the 31st WR in the GBN rankings.

So, I like qb, cb, lb, cb, c, te, g, s, rb, wr.

Remember the Jets have a Camron Clark who didn't play a down last year. So we have to be wise when adding to the line as we do not know what he will bring to the table.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

*This mock draft has no affiliation with the Jets process during FFMD*

Great mock btw

Absolutely have no part in the ffmd. Those guys are nothing to me........❤️

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I like the mock for the most part. I’d prefer OG at 34 only because I think there will be a run on them. If we do trade Sam for 40, maybe not so bad. If we need a slot WR Moore is good but I’d prefer to wait until round 3 at the earliest. Good chance Atwell is there. Maybe K in round 6 instead of a project player who may never see the field?

To be honest I think the level of talent at OG this year is insane. Maybe it was JD’s plan all along. In that 2-4 round territory it’s littered with quality prospects.

I’d feel more comfortable taking Moore earlier than the guard as the drop off is bigger in my opinion. And with it only being six picks difference there’s not much in it. 

I just think in round six it’s worth taking a flier on a guy with supreme athletic ability and played for one of the top teams in the country. Even if he becomes a nickel guy and quality special teams player that’s not bad for a 6th rounder. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Not bad. My only complaint would be RB not being addressed earlier. But overall I like it

I knew you’d say that!!!! 😉

To be fair this is more of a projection what I think we will do from a positional standpoint. Just can’t see us taking a running back high. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

This is funny, I was actually thinking about doing a mock and I had McKitty, Cleveland, Cox, and Davis. At #23, I had us picking Surtain because I think Horn is going to take his spot. 

Game Show Fun GIF by ABC Network

Telepathic as always my man. And I’d take Horn, Surtain or Farley if there at #23. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, xenajets said:

Game Show Fun GIF by ABC Network

Telepathic as always my man. And I’d take Horn, Surtain or Farley if there at #23. 

I love Horn. If any of those three are there, they are going to be the pick. That's something I'm not debating anyone on. lol

11 hours ago, Big T said:

This is a WR deep draft, so drafting someone like Moore so early to me is a wasted pick. I would rather the Jets draft Collins at ILB/OLB especially in light of the fact that we have many of our LB's on one year contracts.

If you see tape on him, he has an innate ability to read the qb and plays the line, the pass, and secondary. A stud, if he isn't drafted in round 1. If we have an additional 2nd rounder in the second round I would like to see the Jets double dip at the CB position.

Having 2 3rd round picks this is where the Jets can address the line with a Center, and a TE, in the 4th round a guy like Cleveland would be fine and a good addition. Here is where the scouts make their money, the Jets take a safety with the first 5th round pick, then with the second 5th rounder grab an sleeper RB/PR.

In the 6th round, remember this name if he should wind up somewhere else, because the guy is a sleeper stud WR at 6'4" Josh Imatorbhebhe rated the 31st WR in the GBN rankings.

So, I like qb, cb, lb, cb, c, te, g, s, rb, wr.

Remember the Jets have a Camron Clark who didn't play a down last year. So we have to be wise when adding to the line as we do not know what he will bring to the table.

For me if we don’t trade Sam then I’d wait to draft a receiver until later in the draft. However if we can get a 2nd round pick then for me whatever we get for Sam we should turn into a weapon for our new qb. Also Rondale Moore brings something to this team that we don’t have. We have to get that home run hitter. Massive drop off between Moore and then a 5th round receiver prospect. 

Again from a value prospective I much prefer Cox at the top of the third than Collins in the first round. Cox is perfect for this defense and to me I’d be hard pressed finding a better alternative other than Parsons or JOK. Collins may fit as good as Cox in this defense but that’s just my opinion.