NFL expected to add 17th regular season game, starting in 2021, 4 extra international games starting in 2022

Broncofan

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

wait ALL the games are at the AFC. SMH lol

Yeah. So all the NFC teams have a fair 8-9 split and all the AFC teams have a fair 9-8 split. The year after, they'll all be at NFC. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You just reinforced every team’s feelings who is mandated to play in London before this came down regardless.

Haha.

They come to London, against their will, for the football, and stay for (well because of) the latest killer variant of Covid.

2 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Haha.

They come to London, against their will, for the football, and stay for (well because of) the latest killer variant of Covid.

I’m looking forward to the “Revolutionary War: NFL Edition”. ;) 

So with 17 games and 7 playoff spots, winning your division is kinda pointless outside of getting a home playoff game. 

43.75% chance to make the playoffs

35.2% of your games vs division rivals

Previously why winning the division was so important was because you had a 37.5% chance of making the playoffs while also having 37.5% of your games being in division.

I already said this before, but I absolutely hate this. Throwing away the best and most mathematically pleasing setup in sports for virtually no gain (outside of lining the owners' pockets, granted). Final standings will now look weird, teams will be more decimated entering into the playoffs, and records will quickly begin to fall.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I already said this before, but I absolutely hate this. Throwing away the best and most mathematically pleasing setup in sports for virtually no gain (outside of lining the owners' pockets, granted). Records will now look weird, teams will be more decimated entering into the playoffs, and records will quickly begin to fall.

As a fan, I don't like the 17th game  season for the main reason if the symmetry of 16 games.

I understand it from the owners view as $$$$ is king