Jump to content

FFMD 21 - Pick #7  

13 members have voted

  1. 1. Choices at pick #7 (see explanation below) - NO TRADE DOWN AVAILABLE

    • Devonta Smith
      1
    • Jaylen Waddle
      2
    • Micah Parsons
      4
    • Mac Jones
      0
    • Kyle Pitts
      2
    • Rashawn Slater
      2
    • Patrick Surtain
      0
    • Caleb Farley
      0
    • Other
      2


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

My thought on Parsons is that his character concerns don't put me off him very much, assuming what we know publicly is all there is. It's not a good look but on a NFL team you have to have some mean guys, even a-holes. Look at Richie Incognito, he's still in the league at age 38 despite being a well-known bad guy. The Lions have always focused on good-guy community heroes and I feel they've suffered for it.

im judging you real hard if you think Richie should even be in the league. F THAT DUDE. I wouldn't touch him wit a 30 foot pole. and um ever heard of Suh???? Fairley?? even though he was probably so lazy hed just lay down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

In retrospect, what's the difference? I'd rather take the risk on the guy who can play instead of the guy who can't.

at 7?? I think you're falling to in love with a player brotha. Not seeing it from the big picture. I get it, I want a stud LB too. I just think Zaven Collins and Jok...shoot even Jabril Cox, will have better careers. But its a guessing game at this point. I just either want dominate or versatile players. Micah is a downhill LB....JUST LIKE WHO.....well hes on the Jets now. 

Edited by NFL_Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Would you guys consider trading down from 7 to 16?
 

what would it take for me to trade up?

You guys are otc.

let me know if you would consider a trade down and if so how much it will cost me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'm not moving down. I wouldn't move down off this pick for less than two #1s. The player available here is just too valuable.

I set you up nicely didn’t i.

I can give pick 18 and you can Arizona’s 2022 1st rounder which I acquired?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No-brainer for sure. Based on the initial post in this thread, it's Sewell. (I would personally discuss trade down options with the Dolphins. If I could get #18, a 2nd and a future 1st, I'd have to consider it.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I set you up nicely didn’t i.

I can give pick 18 and you can Arizona’s 2022 1st rounder which I acquired?

In real life I'd consider that trade. In FFMD future 1st rounders aren't nearly as fun.

Edit: I don't think i'd consider it very much in the real world, as I think you're still short a lot of value.

Edited by Nnivolcm
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nnivolcm said:

In real life I'd consider that trade. In FFMD future 1st rounders aren't nearly as fun.

I could switch it for something different. I have picks this year but need to know if you are interested or if I am way off

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I could switch it for something different. I have picks this year but need to know if you are interested or if I am way off

Sorry man. As a rebuilding team, I would've loved to explore these talks. Thanks for coming in and providing discussion.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Sorry man. As a rebuilding team, I would've loved to explore these talks. Thanks for coming in and providing discussion.

No worries.

if you guys change your mind let me know you have plenty of time to discuss, I have two more first round picks. Two second round picks. Two first and two second rounders next year and would consider moving a number of players including D Parker, P Williams, A Shaheen, J Grant, S Ahmed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My take on this is, Sewell was my #1 player, above even the QBs. He's super safe and provides #1-3 overall kind of value at #7.

Acquiring future picks is certainly valuable in a rebuild but what's even more valuable is getting those cornerstone pieces. The end goal of getting picks is to acquire great players.

If Sewell had gone at #6 I would absolutely have discussed trades down, but I feel that Sewell was that player you don't pass on.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superduperman said:

My take on this is, Sewell was my #1 player, above even the QBs. He's super safe and provides #1-3 overall kind of value at #7.

Acquiring future picks is certainly valuable in a rebuild but what's even more valuable is getting those cornerstone pieces. The end goal of getting picks is to acquire great players.

If Sewell had gone at #6 I would absolutely have discussed trades down, but I feel that Sewell was that player you don't pass on.

Although I largely agree, and Sewell at #7 is a flawless pick, exploring those talks doesn't hurt. With the picks they have, they could've offered a haul for that pick. Would they have considered #18, a 2nd and two future 1st round picks? Even more? It never hurts to ask.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...