My 1st Post FA Mock Draft

Bobby816

Here's my 1st go at a mock after seeing what we did in FA.

I do still think we sign a CB and an OG. So I'll put this in here.

FA Signings

Brian Poole (CB)

Trai Turner (OG)

Trades

Jets Trade Sam Darnold and a 4th Rounder to CAR for the 39th pick.

NFL Draft

1. Zach Wilson (QB/BYU): We get our QB. He fits the system perfectly. Has very good arm talent. And with an improved supporting cast, he's set up to succeed more so than any other QB we've drafted recently.

1. (from SEA) Alijah Vera-Tucker (OL/USC): We didn't get the big name that we all wanted at OG in FA. And we know JD will always value OL. So we get a great guy in AVT. Can play OT or OG. But we play him at G as a rookie. If you don't think AVT will be here at 23... there's several other OLineman that are worthy of this pick (Darrisaw, Jenkins to name a couple).

2. Travis Etienne (RB/Clemson): We get a legit RB to help our QB and we have an OL that's a strength now, that makes the pick here worth it. Coleman, Ty and Perine are just not good enough. So we get a more homerun difference maker here. Etienne can run between the tackles, outside the tackles and can catch and block.

2. (from CAR) Pat Freiermuth (TE/Penn State): Our new system loves the TE (Kittle for SF). Freiermuth is a great TE that can block and catch. Herndon hasn't done enough to rely on him. So we go the young route to help out our new QB with a safety valve at TE. The system could make him a regular 750+ yard TE for us.

3. Asante Samuel Jr. (CB/FSU): We get a CB that can fight for an outside starting spot for us. This DB unit is young and talented. And Samuel adds to this. He loves a man on the outside and that's what we need. Him and Austin battle it out to start opposite Hall. If you dont think Samuel will be here... I love Tyson Campbell here as well.

3. (from SEA): Aman-Ra St. Brown (WR/USC): Another guy that fits the system great. He's best out of the slot and is great route runner. He operates as our 5th guy mostly, but takes over for Crowder after 2021.

5. Richard LeCounte III (S/Georgia): Just adding depth here. A guy that can play both S spots and will offer ST help. Maye, Joyner, Davis, LeCounte is a nice S group.

5. (from NYG): Jonathan Cooper (DE/Ohio State): High energy pass rusher than can rotate in. Leader type guy that I think JD will love. I don't have Edge as a huge need for us like others. After adding Lawson... I think someone will emerge between Huff, Zuniga, JFM and Cooper to play opposite him.

6. Drake Jackson (IOL/Kentucky): Developmental guy that can play C and OG. Loads of experience and is leader. Things that serve an IOL well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I would be soooo happy with this draft, I just can’t see us selecting Etienne at 34. I wish we would because it would be awesome I just can’t see it. Terrific draft though overall. 

We can dream!

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I would be soooo happy with this draft, I just can’t see us selecting Etienne at 34. I wish we would because it would be awesome I just can’t see it. Terrific draft though overall. 

Agreed.  Would absolutely love the draft but I'm not expecting a RB that early.  Grabbing Pat in the 2nd would be amazing.  I really, really like Lecounte and I obviously love Samuel because of his father's success in the league.

18 hours ago, xenajets said:

Really like the direction you’ve taken. All the positions of need were hit. Like others have said I’d be shocked if we draft a running back high. 

I don't think we use 23 on one. But I do think we will think about using 34 on one of Etienne or Harris are there. If not.... I cant see us going Williams that high (he'd be an overdraft there IMO). But then that 3rd-4th round area is perfect for a guys like Williams, Gainwell, Carter, Sermon

I won't nit pick about the RB at 34 even though I don't think we go that route.  You hit most of the areas of need outside of coverage LB.

They wanted Neal for that spot so I expect 34 to go either CB or coverage LB not RB but overall it would be a nice draft class.

16 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I won't nit pick about the RB at 34 even though I don't think we go that route.  You hit most of the areas of need outside of coverage LB.

They wanted Neal for that spot so I expect 34 to go either CB or coverage LB not RB but overall it would be a nice draft class.

I agree we need a coverage linebacker. I think Parsons, JOK, and Collins will be 1St rounders but Davis, Bolton, Browning, Cox, Werner could be targets in the 2nd. Good CBs go quickly. I expect Surtain, Horn, Farley, and probably Newsome to be 1st rounders. Imo, Samuel would be a good pick if we do get another 2nd, otherwise maybe a Robinson, Joseph or Adebo in the 3rd

As for this mock, I love Vera-Tucker. He tops my list for our 2nd first but I really feel he will go much earlier. Sticking with an OL at 23, I would consider, Jenkins, Humphrey, Dickerson (if healthy).

With Coleman, Johnson, Adams and Perine, we could have a decent RB room. A day 3 pick of a Jefferson, Roundtree Patterson, or Evans could help.

Herndon showed promise his rookie year, plus we added Kroft  and still have Griffin and Wesco so I’m not sure if we add one in the draft or just pick one up as an UDFA.

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I agree we need a coverage linebacker. I think Parsons, JOK, and Collins will be 1St rounders but Davis, Bolton, Browning, Cox, Werner could be targets in the 2nd. Good CBs go quickly. I expect Surtain, Horn, Farley, and probably Newsome to be 1st rounders. Imo, Samuel would be a good pick if we do get another 2nd, otherwise maybe a Robinson, Joseph or Adebo in the 3rd

As for this mock, I love Vera-Tucker. He tops my list for our 2nd first but I really feel he will go much earlier. Sticking with an OL at 23, I would consider, Jenkins, Humphrey, Dickerson (if healthy).

With Coleman, Johnson, Adams and Perine, we could have a decent RB room. A day 3 pick of a Jefferson, Roundtree Patterson, or Evans could help.

Herndon showed promise his rookie year, plus we added Kroft  and still have Griffin and Wesco so I’m not sure if we add one in the draft or just pick one up as an UDFA.

Actually its a deep CB class, and although the guy's taken in rounds 2-5 may not have a first round grade, there are some quality CB's to be had. The OL postion is strong too this year. So a team with an OL need doesn't have to draft one in round one, it is deep going into the 5th round.

5 hours ago, Rich51 said:

A lot I just don't agree with here. But to each their own.

For starters... Coleman, Johnson, Perine is an awful RB room. That group of 3 RBs combined for 539 yards last year. That is awful. Coleman is incredibly overrated. The guy has barely went over 600yds a couple times in his career (several years ago now). Johnson and Perine have done nothing in their careers. The RB room is bad. The good thing is that almost everyone in the room is easily cuttable with their contracts... bc they aren't good.

I was the only one critical of Herndon being anointed by countless people on here after his rookie year. And since then I have been right. I'm hoping this year he proves me wrong. But I don't think he's the answer for us at TE. We also have a system that loves the TE. So a huge question mark in Herndon is not enough at TE. And Kroft and Wesco are blocking TEs. They wont ever be receiving weapons for us, like the system would like to use. 

30 minutes ago, Big T said:

Actually its a deep CB class, and although the guy's taken in rounds 2-5 may not have a first round grade, there are some quality CB's to be had. The OL postion is strong too this year. So a team with an OL need doesn't have to draft one in round one, it is deep going into the 5th round.

Yes the CB class is great.

Aaron Robinson fits what Saleh likes to do at CB (physical man CB)

Campbell, Gowan, any countless others fit this mold.

Shaun Wade might be a guy to keep an eye on. We took a chance on Hall last year. Maybe we take a chance on Wade this year. A guy with top round talent, that has issues. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes the CB class is great.

Aaron Robinson fits what Saleh likes to do at CB (physical man CB)

Campbell, Gowan, any countless others fit this mold.

Shaun Wade might be a guy to keep an eye on. We took a chance on Hall last year. Maybe we take a chance on Wade this year. A guy with top round talent, that has issues. 

If we can sign Sherman it mean we can get one of these high potential 3rd round CB’s that leaves us to hit the offense hard and heavy with our first few picks. 

• Like 1