My 1st Post FA Mock Draft

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Shaun Wade might be a guy to keep an eye on. We took a chance on Hall last year. Maybe we take a chance on Wade this year. A guy with top round talent, that has issues. 

Yeah, his issues are he can’t play on the boundary. After watching him play this year he is strictly a slot CB. We still need one since all we have ATM is Guidry, but Wade could be a good slot if he available in the 4th round. If we happen to resign Poole, forget about Wade unless he really falls. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

If we can sign Sherman it mean we can get one of these high potential 3rd round CB’s that leaves us to hit the offense hard and heavy with our first few picks. 

If we sign someone. Until that happens we still have no slot CB, and Austin/Jackson at one outside CB spot. Not good at all. Bless has been given the opportunity and has not done well.  I would prefer a CB that can come in and push for a starting role from day 1. I don’t get that feeling with a 3rd round CB.  We must also consider how quickly CB’s come off the board. It may very well be slim pickings by round 3.

We are not going to fix every hole this offseason, we all know that. But to draft a WR, TE, DL, or RB before addressing CB is not the best use of our draft capital. Each of the aforementioned positions at least has starters already in place or, as in the case of RB, can be upgraded in round 3 or later. But starting caliber CB’s get drafted early as the draft history shows.

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

If we sign someone. Until that happens we still have no slot CB, and Austin/Jackson at one outside CB spot. Not good at all. Bless has been given the opportunity and has not done well.  I would prefer a CB that can come in and push for a starting role from day 1. I don’t get that feeling with a 3rd round CB.  We must also consider how quickly CB’s come off the board. It may very well be slim pickings by round 3.

We are not going to fix every hole this offseason, we all know that. But to draft a WR, TE, DL, or RB before addressing CB is not the best use of our draft capital. Each of the aforementioned positions at least has starters already in place or, as in the case of RB, can be upgraded in round 3 or later. But starting caliber CB’s get drafted early as the draft history shows.

Well as you know I was a big voice in the ‘not done enough in FA’ team. It’s ridiculous how one of our worst position groups has somehow got worse. Resigning Poole and bringing in Sherman would make things much better. Really no reason with the connections we have they can’t be done very easily. 

21 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Well as you know I was a big voice in the ‘not done enough in FA’ team. It’s ridiculous how one of our worst position groups has somehow got worse. Resigning Poole and bringing in Sherman would make things much better. Really no reason with the connections we have they can’t be done very easily. 

Well it does take two to tango. JD is so tight lipped we have no idea what FA’s were contacted and ended up not getting. Poole is a good slot CB. Why has no one signed him yet?  I would not mind either on this team to fill the spots. I am not a big fan of Sherman but a one year deal and a 3rd round or later draft pick would make me a little more comfortable.

I just don’t want to go into the season with Bless, Hall, and Guidry as our starting three CB’s and then hope a 3 rd or later pick will emerge at some point.

30 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Ya I figured Poole would be an easy resign. Especially with the Saleh hire. So not sure why that hasn't happened yet. As for Sherman... I'm sure he's holding out for a contender. We cant offer him a SB chance the next couple years. And that's really all he has left. 

15 minutes ago, xrade said:

Well it does take two to tango. JD is so tight lipped we have no idea what FA’s were contacted and ended up not getting. Poole is a good slot CB. Why has no one signed him yet?  I would not mind either on this team to fill the spots. I am not a big fan of Sherman but a one year deal and a 3rd round or later draft pick would make me a little more comfortable.

I just don’t want to go into the season with Bless, Hall, and Guidry as our starting three CB’s and then hope a 3 rd or later pick will emerge at some point.

That’s precisely why I want Sherman. He will start opposite Hall/Bless and if we resign Poole he will man the slot. If we leave cb until the 3rd round then that player can have a year in sub packages with little pressure put on them. Then in year 2 could be good to start. 

As for Poole....it’s a strange one as this happened last offseason too. What impact his injury is having on him resigning remains a question. Maybe we have a deal in place but just waiting for him to pass a medical??

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I figured Poole would be an easy resign. Especially with the Saleh hire. So not sure why that hasn't happened yet. As for Sherman... I'm sure he's holding out for a contender. We cant offer him a SB chance the next couple years. And that's really all he has left. 

Yeah I can’t imagine we don’t have something sorted with Poole. If we hadn’t then why not get Williams from SF who Saleh loved?! 

That’s what worries me about Sherman. He may take less at this stage of his career to sign for a super bow contending team. That said hopefully Saleh and cash would be enough to tempt him. Also if he wants to progress to the studios after playing what better market than NY. Just like Brandon Marshall. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

I really like Hall and Guidry.  Brown , Austin and Jackson showed some potential. All are under 25. Adding a Samuel or Stokes in the 2nd or Robinson, Taylor, Joseph,Molten,  Adebo etc. in the 3rd would make me happy. We have the money to getting a Sherman or other vet but haven’t, and I’m sure Saleh and staff have gone over the film, so maybe they like what they see from our kids. On the other hand there is still a month before the draft so maybe we’re just waiting  for salary demands to lower

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

If we hadn’t then why not get Williams from SF who Saleh loved?! 

I just read today that Williams really wanted to stay in SF. We would have had to really overpay.

53 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

We have the money to getting a Sherman or other vet but haven’t

Sherman may want to stay on West Coast. He grew up there and has played his entire professional career there. Plus the contender thing is not to be taken lightly either. Who knows.