• Droptellus Bennett
    • Mike Daniels
    • Patrick Lucas
    • Nick Perry
    • John Ulrick
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jeremy McCray

14 hours ago, HawaiiFan808 said:

I may be wrong here, but it's not easy to play football with a broken collarbone.  Kudos to A-Rod if he manages to tough it out.

I'd say the same thing about playing with a torn ACL but Philip Rivers managed it. Granted, a major injury t the throwing shoulder is kind of different, but you know what they say about stranger things.

Anyway, Saints have historically made young and backup QBs look like All Pros xD But the last three games, the Saints defense has looked like a totally different unit. Heck, against Detroit, 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 3 INTs, 3 defensive TDs, and an NFL record 16 passes defended. That doesn't sound like something the Dome Patrol would have even done. Now, I am not holding my breath, but I am hoping our defense has finally started clicking for good. If we can field a middle of the pack defense to pair with our offense, we could be as troublesome as we were from 2009-2013. But the last three seasons still has me weary.

Hope we have a good, fun game with no injuries. Goodness knows you guys don't need anymore. Good luck fellas.

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

But the last three games, the Saints defense has looked like a totally different unit.

Saints have the top defense over the last 3 weeks.  Top in the NFL.

It's the weirdest year in the NFL in a LONG time.  Very impressed with the Saints' rookie corner Lattimore, and I was a fan of Breaux (who is out indefinitely) before that.  Seems to me the weakness that Minnesota and others exploited was the predictability of the scheme and coverages coupled with very ineffective LBs getting into their zones.

The way to punish is with committed running game (which will probably fail vs their front 7) backed by play action to the middle of the field for 15-20 yard gainers.

I expect Brees to get on track nicely this week.  Even average WRs can get open against our secondary, and this will be the easiest matchup Michael Thomas faces in a while.

16 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Saints have the top defense over the last 3 weeks.  Top in the NFL.

It's the weirdest year in the NFL in a LONG time.  Very impressed with the Saints' rookie corner Lattimore, and I was a fan of Breaux (who is out indefinitely) before that.  Seems to me the weakness that Minnesota and others exploited was the predictability of the scheme and coverages coupled with very ineffective LBs getting into their zones.

The way to punish is with committed running game (which will probably fail vs their front 7) backed by play action to the middle of the field for 15-20 yard gainers.

I expect Brees to get on track nicely this week.  Even average WRs can get open against our secondary, and this will be the easiest matchup Michael Thomas faces in a while.

Kevin King coming back might change that a bit though. I've been impressed. I do see some positive signs from the defense and think it could be decent by the end of the year. Kevin King should get better as the year goes on along with Josh Jones. Those guys are legit playmakers. I just haven't seen that in the Packers secondary for quite some time. Kenny Clark continues to flash. As Perry's club gets smaller over the year he should be more effective. This reminds me of 2014 where the defense didn't get off to a great start but got better as the season went on and by the end of the year the pass rush was really good. We really blew an opportunity that year. All Rodgers needed was a couple weeks to get healthy for the Super Bowl and I think we win it. Thanks Brandon Bostick.

3 hours ago, strat1080 said:

I agree. What is with this team and injuries? Its a mess every year.

What is also depressing is how we are hit with injuries.  It seems like every year one position is decimated.  Last year it was CB and this year it is the OL.  :(

1 hour ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I totally agree that this will 95% be a loss. There just aren't enough bodies playing to win against an NFL team......

But if they win, I hope all of you recognize that Mac is a leader of men, and all this talk about him being fired needs to be immediately squashed. 

If we lose but the guys play well and don't quit that also tells me McCoach is a leader of men and a good coach.

Archived