NBA Fantasy Draft - Round 1 - Sllim Pickens vs beekay414

MKnight82

Who's Team Would Win in a 7 Game Series?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Team Would Win in a 7 Game Series?

Pick Sllim Pickins Position   Pick beekay414 Position
1 Luka Doncic F   1 Giannis Antetokounmpo F
2 Rudy Gobert C   2 Zach Lavine G
3 Chris Paul G   3 Kristaps Porzingis C
4 Michael Porter Jr F   4 Lamelo Ball G
5 Chris Boucher F   5 Jordan Clarkson G
6 Andrew Wiggins F   6 Joe Ingles F
7 Donte Divincenzo G   7 Aaron Gordon F
8 Kyle Kuzma F   8 De'Anthony Melton G
9 Mason Plumlee C   9 James Wiseman C
10 TJ McConnell G   10 Bogdan Bogdanovic F
11 Saddiq Bey F   11 Matisse Thybulle G
12 Bryn Forbes G   12 Kyle Anderson F

@Sllim Pickens

PG - Chris Paul / TJ McConnell

SG - Luka Doncic / Donte Divincenzo

SF - Michael Porter Jr / Andrew Wiggins / Saddiq Bey

PF - Chris Boucher / Kyle Kuzma

C - Rudy Gobert / Mason Plumlee

@beekay414

PG LaMelo Ball | De'Anthony Melton
SG Zach LaVine | Jordan Clarkson | Matisse Thybulle
SF Joe Ingles | Bogdan Bogdanovic 
PF Giannis Antetokounmpo | Aaron Gordon | Kyle Anderson
C Kristaps Porzingis | James Wiseman

this is tight. wish bk added a big strong body at the 5 spot. i'm not in love with the roster makeup on either. i see what BK was doing i just don't like lamelo starting at the 1 and wiseman being the big off the bench. wish the secondary ball handler was someone a little more battle tested. for slim's team i like his big 3 of vets and MPJ as the xfactor scorer. i'm just really not super high on the rest, i don't love the bench and i think boucher's underrated label isn't super warranted. he's a good player and fits well with gobert just not a plus guy in a 15 team league or whatever. 

this is so close for me. imma give a slight edge to bk.

• Like 1

Oof, if BK didn't have a rookie PG having to go against either CP or Luka then this would be easy. As well as LaVine has played this year, he has no experience getting buckets in the playoffs. Luckily for BK, CP chokes all the time and Luka also has no experience past the 1st round.

Giannis at the 5 with that team would kill. And outside of Wiseman he had an awesome bench.

Going with BK.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

wish bk added a big strong body at the 5 spot. i'm not in love with the roster makeup on either. i see what BK was doing i just don't like lamelo starting at the 1 and wiseman being the big off the bench. wish the secondary ball handler was someone a little more battle tested.

Definitely get the critique of the big body. The board just didn't fall the way I wanted it too. I put a lot of emphasis on fit next to Giannis and a traditional big just doesn't cut it. Wiseman, at least, has shown he can stretch the floor some. He's raw but talented. 

Feel like I have plenty of ballhandlers tbqh. Between Giannis, LaMelo, LaVine, Clarkson, Bogdan, Gordon and Ingles, I have plenty of guys that can facilitate. Didn't feel the need for a traditional PG outside of Melo.

Gordon's the first "big" off the bench FWIW. I know you dislike him for what happened in Orlando and him being a goon IRL but he fits with his switchability. I like the balance. Obviously don't expect to win the voting all the way through but I like what I put together. 

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Feel like I have plenty of ballhandlers tbqh. Between Giannis, LaMelo, LaVine, Clarkson, Bogdan and Ingles, I have plenty of guys that can facilitate. Didn't feel the need for a traditional PG outside of Melo.

yeah i was considering that too before i said what i said, know melo's not like the only other facilitator. fwiw AG was playing the 1 in orlando for the past few weeks too lol 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Gordon's the first "big" off the bench FWIW. I know you dislike him for what happened in Orlando and him being a goon IRL but he fits with his switchability.

figured such looking at the distribution and like him with giannis. he's such a weird player because he does everything you want like 85% of the time and then like 15% of the time he's like **** it and just does whatever he wants and completely ****s the flow of the offense. i was thinking like now that he's out of orlando that'll for sure end, but then i watched his nugs debut and he got a lil hot and was waving off jokic and was just like lol whatta **** boy he is who he is. but yeah i like what you did with the roster and am not mad at AG having a significant role. he's a winning player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

yeah i was considering that too before i said what i said, know melo's not like the only other facilitator. fwiw AG was playing the 1 in orlando for the past few weeks too lol

Yep, I edited Gordon in there last second. Didn't expect ya to respond so quick lol. I also have SloMo, should I need it, as an additional ballhander.

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

figured such looking at the distribution and like him with giannis. he's such a weird player because he does everything you want like 85% of the time and then like 15% of the time he's like **** it and just does whatever he wants and completely ****s the flow of the offense. i was thinking like now that he's out of orlando that'll for sure end, but then i watched his nugs debut and he got a lil hot and was waving off jokic and was just like lol whatta **** boy he is who he is. but yeah i like what you did with the roster and am not mad at AG having a significant role. he's a winning player.

Oh, he definitely thinks highly of himself lol. He just fits what I wanted to do. There's so much variation I can play with that roster. The only thing I'm missing is that big that can body up someone like Embiid but, LIS, it was a hard fit to find. Not a lot of bigger bigs that can stretch the floor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Starting Lineup

Chris Paul, +1 SP

Luka Doncic, +1 SP

Joe Ingles, +1 BK

Giannis, +1 BK

Rudy Gobert, +1 SP

3-2 SP

Bench

+1 BK

3-3 tie.  IMO tie goes to who has the best player, who IMO is Giannis.  Win goes to @beekay414

I agree with the starters, not the bench.  His guards don’t defend and Luka and Paul would have field days out there.  Giannis is obviously the best player but will have trouble finishing inside with Gobert down there to help and Boucher has been a top 20 defender in the league this year to help slow him down.  

Bench wise my whole bench plays D.  Plumlee has been better than Wiseman, kuzma and Gordon are a wash, Bogdon and Wiggins are close, Dante and TK would lock up.  I could go smaller if needed and **** down Ingles with Luka and have TJ or Dante guard Lavine.  Just in general I don’t see how that team scores enough on my defense to win. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Giannis is obviously the best player but will have trouble finishing inside with Gobert down there

You realize Giannis kills it vs Utah, yes?

17-18: 32 pts, 13 rebs, 6 assists on 60% shooting
18-19: 36.5 pts, 12 rebs, 5 assists on 50% shooting
19-20: 40 pts, 13.5 rebs, 5 assists on 51% shooting
20-21: 32 pts, 11.5 rebs, 5 assists on 57.8% shooting