So, uh...how about round 2?

I would imagine if Najee Harris makes it to our second round pick, we are going to pick him. I would like to get a corner especially if Asante is there to fill our nickel after Williams leaves next year. Has Wade (Ohio DB) fallen off? I haven’t seen him in mocks for the first round anymore. 

Just now, Forge said:

We need those RAC guys for McCorkle, baby. 

Rookie contract Kirk Cousins: the best kind of Kirk Cousins. I will say, if they take him and then push him off without a second contract and get the next guy just like him in the draft, I would be much less annoyed with the team. But you don't trade 3 first round picks for that. I'm most worried about committing a crapton of dollars to Kirk Cousins. And being sad.

• Like 3

Another problem with Mac Jones is, I just don't see him moving the needle that much over Kyle Trask or Davis Mills. Particularly Mills, who is the best athlete of the three and threw to absolute crap wide receivers in college. Like, the only reason that offense did anything is that he threw precisely with anticipation on west coast concepts over and over again. And he has legit more easy arm strength than Jones. His biggest negatives are health and that his team sucked butt. 

• Like 1
Just now, JIllg said:

Another problem with Mac Jones is, I just don't see him moving the needle that much over Kyle Trask or Davis Mills. Particularly Mills, who is the best athlete of the three and threw to absolute crap wide receivers in college. Like, the only reason that offense did anything is that he threw precisely with anticipation on west coast concepts over and over again. And he has legit more easy arm strength than Jones. His biggest negatives are health and that his team sucked butt. 

If you think you're fine with Moneyballing on rookie QBs, take Mills annoyingly early in the second or something. Take Jones if he falls. Don't trade 3 first round picks for the pleasure of trying to Moneyball it. 

• Like 4

Maybe it's my belief that we are going fields at 3, but I swear it feels like we are all in on the offensive explosion. Fields with as much offensive talent as possible. 

So even though our long term corner outlook isn't ideal, I swear I'm starting to feel like this is an offensive weapon pick

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe it's my belief that we are going fields at 3, but I swear it feels like we are all in on the offensive explosion. Fields with as much offensive talent as possible. 

So even though our long term corner outlook isn't ideal, I swear I'm starting to feel like this is an offensive weapon pick

Shanahan and Lynch love their early-round WRs. As fun as Toney would be, it seems like he will be in the range of where Aiyuk was taken last year. We gave up a 1st, 4th, and 5th to jump up 6 spots to take him. We would have to give up more to get Toney, most likely. 

I keep coming back to these guys at #43:

• Joe Tryon
  • Asante Samuel
  • Elijah Moore

There are some guys that could fall that would be enticing and some guys I'd trade down to pick with value, but these three names keep standing out to me at #43. 

• Like 1
Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Shanahan and Lynch love their early-round WRs. As fun as Toney would be, it seems like he will be in the range of where Aiyuk was taken last year. We gave up a 1st, 4th, and 5th to jump up 6 spots to take him. We would have to give up more to get Toney, most likely. 

I keep coming back to these guys at #43:

• Joe Tryon
  • Asante Samuel
  • Elijah Moore

There are some guys that could fall that would be enticing and some guys I'd trade down to pick with value, but these three names keep standing out to me at #43. 

Dyami Brown would be perfect with Fields - for one he broke a lot of tackles when he had a catch with YAC opportunity - he didn't run many slants or crossers, but when he did he made the most of it. For another, Brown is a terrific deep threat, he releases well and tracks the ball well over his shoulder and has enough speed to stack people once his release is good. I really think he's a complete receiver. He's one of my favorites in the class. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, JIllg said:

Dyami Brown would be perfect with Fields - for one he broke a lot of tackles when he had a catch with YAC opportunity - he didn't run many slants or crossers, but when he did he made the most of it. For another, Brown is a terrific deep threat, he releases well and tracks the ball well over his shoulder and has enough speed to stack people once his release is good. I really think he's a complete receiver. He's one of my favorites in the class. 

Still can't believe that Seattle snaked him in FFMD. I really thought he was going to be there to our trade down spot...like, he was the one I was really banking on for us to take lol 

• Like 1

I keep going back to trading up for Farley. It's a huge risk, but its the kind of thing where the payoff is so immensely high, you just have to take a chance on that talent and in the short term, you have two corners who are more than capable of starting. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, John232 said:

I keep going back to trading up for Farley. It's a huge risk, but its the kind of thing where the payoff is so immensely high, you just have to take a chance on that talent and in the short term, you have two corners who are more than capable of starting. 

Us GIFs | Tenor