TNF: Raiders vs. Chiefs

big_palooka

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I’m excited to see the Raiders offense click agian. I thought Todd Downing was mostly right when he said the team was “close” to really hitting it’s stride. Even against the Chargers the offense showed sparks of stardom from weeks 1 and 2.

In regards to both Cook and Cooper: we just have to live with the mistakes. They, along with Crabtree, are the best playmakers the offense has and we can’t just go away from them because they’re unreliable.

Agreed. I think Cooper not getting a ton of game time targets the last few weeks meant he couldn't get into much of a rhythm for catching/tracking the ball in game? Just a thought, the drops may recede down the stretch.

Cook is a fantastic player, and Carr was right he's vital to helping us win the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I seen 3 but that was live. I'm gonna go back and watch it tomorrow in depth. Could be the 1 like you said due to other reason beside him screwing up but I'm 97.62% sure he had 3.

He had a couple deep balls off his hands. 1 on the PI and 1 early that was contested. He typically pulls those in. Not really drops IMO. There were a number of balls off the hands (Cooks as well) than should have been caught. 

cooper had two drops last night. but took over the game in spurts. dude is hard to cover but has to be involved or he phones in some of his routes later in games. he gets down on himself alot. we need to use him like we did last night.

That game was something else.

Carr looked much better, and it was great to finally have Cooper involved again. It felt more like a game from last season, as there were plenty of problems on the defense, but the offense and a timely drive-killing sack from Mack/Autry carried us through. But I'll definitely take those kind of games over the previous few weeks of this season, which were just ineptitude across the board.

I'm just so glad we beat them. Not only because it keeps the season alive at this point, or that we played much better and have something to build on for the back-to-back road games... but just because it feels so good to beat that team. The loudmouth Kelce, the bang average QB we always make look like Montana, the POS Peters, the list goes on. Just feels so damn good to bring that mob back down to earth.

Probably a good thing Lynch got ejected. Honestly not too sure we would win with him in the game. He's been a steaming pile of hot garbage this season and clearly our third best runningback. 

Also props to our coaching staff for benching Amerson. Usually they would leave our corners out there no matter how garbage they are. They finally made an adjustment. Smith has to go next year and this game made it clear Amerson has to go as well. Gets burned deep and has frickin ADD. I would love to try Obi at corner. 

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Probably a good thing Lynch got ejected. Honestly not too sure we would win with him in the game. He's been a steaming pile of hot garbage this season and clearly our third best runningback. 

I wouldn't go that far. He hasn't been great or anything, but he hasn't been garbage. He still has some ability left. 

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I wouldn't go that far. He hasn't been great or anything, but he hasn't been garbage. He still has some ability left. 

Perhaps.. but Richard and Washington are clearly better at this point. I would definitelt reduce Lynch's workload. Which would be a good thing if we make the playoffs. I would trust Lynch more in a playoff environment than those two. 

31 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Yeah at this point I wouldn't count on him coming back anytime soon, but you never know I guess. Fingers crossed 

Yeah if he’s that injured, fine. It happens, keep him out. But I’d like to hear a verdict one way or the other. I know they don’t owe us an answer but it’s frustursting not knowing. 

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I’m excited to see the Raiders offense click again. I thought Todd Downing was mostly right when he said the team was “close” to really hitting it’s stride. Even against the Chargers the offense showed sparks of stardom from weeks 1 and 2.

In regards to both Cook and Cooper: we just have to live with the mistakes. They, along with Crabtree, are the best playmakers the offense has and we can’t just go away from them because they’re unreliable.

I'm not buying the Todd Downing comment.  I know we weren't playing up to our potential.  I considered the fact that several players received their paychecks (recent large contracts) and lost their passion.  Carr, Penn and others were not fighting to win.  Well, the passion came back last night.  If they can play at this level they can win all of their games.  It pisses me off that they seem to get serious only when they have to.  Motivation starts with JDR.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Also props to our coaching staff for benching Amerson. Usually they would leave our corners out there no matter how garbage they are. They finally made an adjustment. Smith has to go next year and this game made it clear Amerson has to go as well. Gets burned deep and has frickin ADD. I would love to try Obi at corner. 

Amerson wasn't benched he was hurt.

2 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Amerson has to go maybe but not now. At least he's valuable depth even if he doesn't start anymore. We should activate Borders though imo.

I think he was suffering from the same disease others have on this team.  Lack of passion in his game.  He'll have to step up.  We have a new disease.  The passion virus.  He needs to be more acute with his attention to the game.  I believe he'll play better as will all of the players.  I just hope they won't make future outcomes so close.  I can't take the stress.

Archived