TNF: Raiders vs. Chiefs

big_palooka

25 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yup, big theme of Carr's press conference was stay the course, grind and execute.

Yeah they executed by re inserting play action, and not running 5 wide all game. They even ran Pittsburgh's run play that had success against KC. So no they didnt just stay the course and execute, they changed things up and executed. Like Carr is going to the podium and say that **** sucked.

15 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

They ran more playaction in this game than they had in the previous 6 for one, and the deep shots, 10 attempts in this game, only 10 in the first 6, so yeah it was s noticeable change.

They opened the offense up last night. Begs the question..... why hadn't they opened it up previously.

23 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah they executed by re inserting play action, and not running 5 wide all game. They even ran Pittsburgh's run play that had success against KC. So no they didnt just stay the course and execute, they changed things up and executed. Like Carr is going to the podium and say that **** sucked.

I think they ran like 3 play action plays last night, including the flea flicker(which we've run twice before this year), and TON of 4-5 wide. They added the pulling guard runs as a wrinkle that worked vs the chiefs from film study.

23 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I think they ran like 3 play action plays last night, including the flea flicker(which we've run twice before this year), and TON of 4-5 wide. They added the pulling guard runs as a wrinkle that worked vs the chiefs from film study.

Don't think! Know! Raiders ran 12 play action plays the first 6 weeks, they ran 9 last night, and more 4 wide than 5 wide. 

15 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Are you counting the deep ball that he went up and tried to come down with, but it barely grazed his hands?

I count that more as a miss timed jump more than a drop. But yeah, he's going to drop some. He's not the most efficient receiver in the NFL, but I liked how we kept going to him. He had a whopping 19 targets on the night.

That's a drop.

He had a GREAT game. Think how much better it would have been with that catch.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

That's a drop.

He had a GREAT game. Think how much better it would have been with that catch.

Catchable, absolutely.  But I would hardly call that a standard catch.  Jumping and stretching out completely while on a 30 degree angle isnt ideal.  Parkers hand grazing over his face probably didnt help, but I would say that more a 50/50 ball than it is a straight up drop(even though it hits him in the hands).

Just now, daineraider said:

Catchable, absolutely.  But I would hardly call that a standard catch.  Jumping and stretching out completely while on a 30 degree angle isnt ideal.  Parkers hand grazing over his face probably didnt help, but I would say that more a 50/50 ball than it is a straight up drop(even though it hits him in the hands).

I see your point but that's why I kept the 2nd view as well. Parker's hand touches him after the ball is gone and is behind his vision and on top of the head. May have affected him if he grasped the ball but he didn't...

It's a more than standard catch but he should come down with it.

I wanna say again tho that I think he had a GREAT game. Not down on him at all.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Amerson is not a good player. Never was. Had a brief flash on a bad defense and as per usual, fans overreacted because of the number of breakups he had in that stretch. But reality was, he was average on his best days.

It's easy to overreact to a player making some plays on a bad team. Raider fans have done it for decades. We try to crown anyone who moderately looks like he can play and want to run them out of town the minute expectations are not met. 

Conley is the future right now at CB. Outside that, that group has been a sore spot for Reggie. He's dedicated high draft picks and FA money to it, but just can't get it right. 

In fairness it wasn't jut the fans that bought in, it was the GM as well. 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Amerson is not a good player. Never was. Had a brief flash on a bad defense and as per usual, fans overreacted because of the number of breakups he had in that stretch. But reality was, he was average on his best days.

It's easy to overreact to a player making some plays on a bad team. Raider fans have done it for decades. We try to crown anyone who moderately looks like he can play and want to run them out of town the minute expectations are not met. 

Conley is the future right now at CB. Outside that, that group has been a sore spot for Reggie. He's dedicated high draft picks and FA money to it, but just can't get it right. 

It's interesting to note that this has also been a sore spot for Ted Thompson.  Kevin King has looked good, but Green Bay's first two picks in 2015 (Randall, Rollins) are both wildly inconsistent players.  

Archived