TNF: Raiders vs. Chiefs

big_palooka

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Amerson is not a good player. Never was. Had a brief flash on a bad defense and as per usual, fans overreacted because of the number of breakups he had in that stretch. But reality was, he was average on his best days.

It's easy to overreact to a player making some plays on a bad team. Raider fans have done it for decades. We try to crown anyone who moderately looks like he can play and want to run them out of town the minute expectations are not met. 

Conley is the future right now at CB. Outside that, that group has been a sore spot for Reggie. He's dedicated high draft picks and FA money to it, but just can't get it right. 

I have been saying this the season began. As much as Smith struggles and gets a bad rap, Amerson has been consistently average to below average. 

Been waiting to see what Borders can offer after all the TC hype.

I don't want to make a bunch of quotes but you guys had some good points.

1) i told my wife "this is just like the Jacoby game!" Great game

2)I think both sides of the downing argument are correct. We went back to things we had success at last yr AND added wrinkles.

3) Amerson has been disappointing. I wonder what a D with Conley and Obie at corner and Joseph and Amerson at safety would look like? Could he make a good safety? Size and speed keep the play in front of him? 

4) I want to half apologize to Frankie. While I don't think a wr needs to be 13ft tall to be an elite outside guy. And I believe Cooper has it in him to be DOMINANT. He was absolutely uncoverable in the slot. And if he performs like that I don't care if he lines up at fullback. It was unfair when he was slot man.

5) He may end up being like so many other guys we fans hype up. But I really eould like to see Luani get some PT on defence as well. I wonder if he can cover tight ends and play the Obie roll?

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Don't think! Know! Raiders ran 12 play action plays the first 6 weeks, they ran 9 last night, and more 4 wide than 5 wide. 

You told me not to think, but to know. Well, I re-watched the whole game and charted every offensive play.

So now, where did you get that they ran 9 play actions last night?

I wanna know if this was just bad notating by a site, analysis or reporter or you're just lying to try to win an argument.

Which is it?

17 hours ago, roi34 said:

cooper had two drops last night. but took over the game in spurts. dude is hard to cover but has to be involved or he phones in some of his routes later in games. he gets down on himself alot. we need to use him like we did last night.

You were right on the drops. Only 2 real drops and two more where the pass was either too high or low.

He was amazing last game.

Kinda confirmed what some of us said last year, that he could be very deadly in the slot.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

You told me not to think, but to know. Well, I re-watched the whole game and charted every offensive play.

So now, where did you get that they ran 9 play actions last night?

I wanna know if this was just bad notating by a site, analysis or reporter or you're just lying to try to win an argument.

Which is it?

PFF, blind guy, ran 9 play action plays with 4 completions. And in your words I trust them more than I trust you.

5 hours ago, RaiderX said:

I have been saying this the season began. As much as Smith struggles and gets a bad rap, Amerson has been consistently average to below average. 

Been waiting to see what Borders can offer after all the TC hype.

At least with Sean Smith, you can say he sucks because he no longer has the foot speed required to be an effective corner. It's a physical problem, and he's old for a corner. But he's been a good corner in this league for a good 8 years before he came to Oakland.

Amerson, on the other hand, has no such excuse. He's in his physical prime. He has all the necessary traits to be good, but he just isn't. And outside of a late game stretch in 2015, he has never been good in the NFL. This is a guy who gave up the most yards in the NFL in Washington one year and now we see why.

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Kinda confirmed what some of us said last year, that he could be very deadly in the slot.

Sone next gen article highlighted Cooper as one of the WRs getting the most separation from the slot after last season so it would have made sense to let him play there a lot more this year. There's no reason to let Roberts play the slot so much.

16 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I see your point but that's why I kept the 2nd view as well. Parker's hand touches him after the ball is gone and is behind his vision and on top of the head. May have affected him if he grasped the ball but he didn't...

It's a more than standard catch but he should come down with it.

I wanna say again tho that I think he had a GREAT game. Not down on him at all.

absolutely agree.

Catch the ball!! 

But Amari is the reason we won that game, he is still young, and clearly has some growing pains... but what a game in primetime for him.

One thing that bothered me while watching the game was WRs running the same routes at the same time.  Could be that happened because they installed those plays recently? I mean if they'd been running those all year in camps and practice then that shouldn't be the case right? I mean it Looked like Carr was telling them what routes to run in the huddle like this was back yard flag football. 

14 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

One thing that bothered me while watching the game was WRs running the same routes at the same time.  Could be that happened because they installed those plays recently? I mean if they'd been running those all year in camps and practice then that shouldn't be the case right? I mean it Looked like Carr was telling them what routes to run in the huddle like this was back yard flag football. 

Yeah that happened on the last drive where they were just drawing up the plays on the fly. On the broadcast Romo even explains what routes they are running. On the last 2 long routes up the sideline Roberts is running a seam and should be looking for a back shoulder throw. Holton on the first and Cook on the second are running go routes. The first pass actually had a shot at being caught by Roberts if Holton's man wasn't so close. I think they seen the coverage and moved Cook over their for his size matchup vs Murray. The out routes could have been one guy not hearing or executing the depth he was suppose to or the higher player was meant to block for the lower.

Another point I seen was just how much Coop left of the field. Not blaming him or down on him just noting how close to a record breaking day he was. The deep pass off his hands could have been another TD and 50 yards. The blatant PI on Peters where he mugged Coops helmet stopped another 40 yard TD. Plus the 2 passes that Carr sailed or rushed would have added another 50 yards. 360yards and 4tds. Not sure that's a record but it's a milestone performance.

*yardage guesstimations.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah that happened on the last drive where they were just drawing up the plays on the fly. On the broadcast Romo even explains what routes they are running. On the last 2 long routes up the sideline Roberts is running a seam and should be looking for a back shoulder throw. Holton on the first and Cook on the second are running go routes. The first pass actually had a shot at being caught by Roberts if Holton's man wasn't so close. I think they seen the coverage and moved Cook over their for his size matchup vs Murray. The out routes could have been one guy not hearing or executing the depth he was suppose to or the higher player was meant to block for the lower.

Another point I seen was just how much Coop left of the field. Not blaming him or down on him just noting how close to a record breaking day he was. The deep pass off his hands could have been another TD and 50 yards. The blatant PI on Peters where he mugged Coops helmet stopped another 40 yard TD. Plus the 2 passes that Carr sailed or rushed would have added another 50 yards. 360yards and 4tds. Not sure that's a record but it's a milestone performance.

*yardage guesstimations.

336 is the all time mark. I remember the game Calvin Johnson came close awhile back. And Julio had a 300 yard performance last season.

Archived