TNF: Raiders vs. Chiefs

big_palooka

I'm still riding the high of this game. I can't believe we pulled out that comeback against arguably the best team in the league. Let's pray Downing realizes how much better our O and entire team is when we drive the ball downfield, do some trickery (flea flicker), and get Cooper involved.

I also honestly think our O will be better without Lynch being the featured guy. Anyone else?

10 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Sone next gen article highlighted Cooper as one of the WRs getting the most separation from the slot after last season so it would have made sense to let him play there a lot more this year. There's no reason to let Roberts play the slot so much.

When you give him a 2 way go, it's over.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

No, I'm telling YOU.

I'll DM you a link to watch the whole game and if you can give me the game times of 9 playaction plays then I'll wear any sig you choose for the rest of the season.

Deal?

I just re-watched into the 3rd qtr and lol they ran 6 before the 10 minute mark so you are either blind or you don't know what play action is. #1 play action roll out by Carr complete, #2 The Flee flicker complete, #3 incomplete pass to Cooper after Lynch ejection, #4 play action Carr scrambled for 1st down, #5 play action to Cooper when he took the big hit complete, #6 incomplete play action pass to Crabtree in the endzone before Washington TD run. I can find the other 3 but really why bother, you should just conceded, and i'll let you know what sig to wear.

Adding: #7 play action side arm to Cook after Albert Wilson TD complete, #8 6:08 left in the 3rd incomplete deep pass to Cooper. #9 1st play of 4th qtr deep incompletion to Roberts. 5:14 in the 4th if you don't want to count one of the others. Oh look I found all 9 and 4 of them complete just like PFF said. Now about that sig.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I just re-watched into the 3rd qtr and lol they ran 6 before the 10 minute mark so you are either blind or you don't know what play action is. #1 play action roll out by Carr complete, #2 The Flee flicker complete, #3 incomplete pass to Cooper after Lynch ejection, #4 play action Carr scrambled for 1st down, #5 play action to Cooper when he took the big hit complete, #6 incomplete play action pass to Crabtree in the endzone before Washington TD run. I can find the other 3 but really why bother, you should just conceded, and i'll let you know what sig to wear.

Adding: #7 play action side arm to Cook after Albert Wilson TD complete, #8 6:08 left in the 3rd incomplete deep pass to Cooper. #9 1st play of 4th qtr deep incompletion to Roberts. 5:14 in the 4th if you don't want to count one. Oh look I found all 9 and 4 of them complete just PFF said. Now about that sig.

I was wrong.

I missed the one to Olawale on the Carr run and the 1st play of the 4th.

Thought for sure I had you and they only had 8 play actions.

I'm a man of my word. PM me a sig.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm still riding the high of this game. I can't believe we pulled out that comeback against arguably the best team in the league. Let's pray Downing realizes how much better our O and entire team is when we drive the ball downfield, do some trickery (flea flicker), and get Cooper involved.

I also honestly think our O will be better without Lynch being the featured guy. Anyone else?

Lynch isn't a feature back. He actually does pretty well getting yards and being hard to bring down. He's still pretty quick as well. One guy I'm tired of is Washington, he's the same skill set as Richard except Richard is better. I feel like Washington consistently gets tackled in the backfield. 

On the 2 wideouts running the same route. It could be by design. Like a legal clean out. Run 2 side by side. Throw the ball short one guy takes dbs with him. Throw long one is there for the reception one for the reflection. I'm not saying that's what it is. But it happened multiple times so it could be.

Johnnie Horton was terrible this game. I can't remember who the other receiver was but Holton comes over and tries to catch it when the other receiver had an easy catch. This was on the final drive if I remember correctly. He also made a couple other crucial mistakes that cost us yards. Keep Holton out of big moments.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Johnnie Horton was terrible this game. I can't remember who the other receiver was but Holton comes over and tries to catch it when the other receiver had an easy catch. This was on the final drive if I remember correctly. He also made a couple other crucial mistakes that cost us yards. Keep Holton out of big moments.

It was Roberts and he would have had a REALLY good shot at the catch without Holton and the guy covering him interfering. It was a back shoulder throw and Holton should have cleared the area on the go route he was running.

It should be said tho that Holton was only on the field because Crab got shaken up the play before.

Another thing:  I like how the media is losing their minds over Coop.  He's the same player he always has been.  I knew he'd get it back eventually.  Anyone else in the back of their mind wonder if it would happen against KC?  I thought about that breakdown of how he kept taking Peters' lunch money last year before this week.

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Another thing:  I like how the media is losing their minds over Coop.  He's the same player he always has been.  I knew he'd get it back eventually.  Anyone else in the back of their mind wonder if it would happen against KC?  I thought about that breakdown of how he kept taking Peters' lunch money last year before this week.

If we're honest, Cooper from weeks 2-6 is within the margin of error going back to last year and his rookie year. Inconsistency is part of his game at this point. 

25 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind thought our offense would break out against the Chiefs. They've had our number the last 3 years, Carr specifically.  

For the last month I was waiting for Downing to fix his mistakes so this offense could show how talented it is. We always knew the talent on offense was there, it was just a matter of our coaches properly gameplanning and playcalling for them.

And alot of people will say he's only one guy, but their defense was dealt a crushing blow when they lost Berry. Everything changes when he's on the field. I could nearly equate him being out to Rodgers not being on the field for the Pack.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

If we're honest, Cooper from weeks 2-6 is within the margin of error going back to last year and his rookie year. Inconsistency is part of his game at this point. 

Cooper had 2 games with less than 10 receiving yards in his first 2 seasons and he had 3 in a row from week 3 to 5 this year. It was more than inconsistency and not within the margin of error.

Archived