TNF: Raiders vs. Chiefs

big_palooka

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If we lose this game, and our coaching staff looks seriously out coached, I really think we should clean house on our coaching staff at the end of the year. 

So if we get out coached by Andy Reid you think everyone should be fired regardless of what happens next 10 games... Bold statement/s

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

So if we get out coached by Andy Reid you think everyone should be fired regardless of what happens next 10 games... Bold statement/s

No, if we finish 2-5, look lost again and ridiculously out coached like we have all season, and finish without a winning record (more than likely gonna happen at 2-5) then the coaching staff needs serious changes.

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No, if we finish 2-5, look lost again and ridiculously out coached like we have all season, and finish without a winning record (more than likely gonna happen at 2-5) then the coaching staff needs serious changes.

So the next 10 games DO matter in you mind with regard to keeping the staff even if Andy Reid out coaches us and we lose this game. Got it.

If we lose tonight do I think any changes to the coaching staff will occur?  Probably not.  However, if we continue to fall apart over the next few games do I think there will be changes?  To do so in the middle of the season is never good but I think changes will be made. 

2 hours ago, ima said:

At home on a short week gives us a chance. Hoping for an inspired effort across the board. See yall at the game!

That's a reason for optimism. KC is coming off of a loss in a physical game and they have to travel after a short week. Plus, Tyreek Hill got hurt on Sunday and (from what I hear) probably won't play tonight. Charcandrick West and two O-linemen are definitely out for tonight, so they might be vulnerable offensively.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

So the next 10 games DO matter in you mind with regard to keeping the staff even if Andy Reid out coaches us and we lose this game. Got it.

I'll just say it.... regardless of the next 10 games, this staff has a shelf life. If the team is ever going to level up, they will need more than this basic bunch can give them. This is not a championship caliber staff. This is not a 'deep playoff run" staff. This is a "with the right talent get you to .500" staff who will occasionally get you into the playoffs if everything falls right.

Look no further than Todd "we're close" Downing who basically is ignoring the obvious and thinking it will fix itself. lol

1 hour ago, S&B Bleeder said:

If we lose tonight do I think any changes to the coaching staff will occur?  Probably not.  However, if we continue to fall apart over the next few games do I think there will be changes?  To do so in the middle of the season is never good but I think changes will be made. 

Look at Denver as a recent blue print IMO. 12-4 season under John Fox in 2014. He's a marginal coach. JDR is from his tree. They recognized they'd hit a ceiling with Fox and JDR's defense. They "mutually parted ways" so Denver could get the right coach to get them over the hump. No surprise, jettisoning JDR, their defense improved to an elite level and won a Super bowl on the back of it in 2015. 

JDR is a defensive HC and his defense honestly.... suck. Even with talent like he had in Denver, he's conservative and vanilla in his approach. We see it now in Oakland. Denver fans warned of it. 

The Raiders need to let go JDR and this group. Play to their strengths... get an offensive minded HC to bring out the best in their 100 million dollar man. 

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'll just say it.... regardless of the next 10 games, this staff has a shelf life. If the team is ever going to level up, they will need more than this basic bunch can give them. This is not a championship caliber staff. This is not a 'deep playoff run" staff. This is a "with the right talent get you to .500" staff who will occasionally get you into the playoffs if everything falls right.

Look no further than Todd "we're close" Downing who basically is ignoring the obvious and thinking it will fix itself. lol

Just like what the Bears are doing with Fox. Taking a bottom feeder team to a competitive team but they know it'll never end with a ring. Eventually when Fox will max out with the talent rising and theyll need someone who can go beyond teaching fundamentals and basic concepts.

I see Del Rio as the same. Our talent level has surpassed his staff's ability. It's time to bring in the big-time minds to help the talent reach its full potential cuz right now it's being held back.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Whatever you say. Your opinion. Mine is that I'll let the result of the WHOLE season inform my judgement.

I've been saying JDR is our John Fox for almost a year now. He's the guy you get to bring back respectability to a program, but not the guy that will take you to the next level.

And I agree with BP, IDC what the results of the next ten games are. I've seen enough of this coaching staff to realize we will never get to where we want with them. I hope this is their last year.

Archived