TNF: Raiders vs. Chiefs

big_palooka

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind thought our offense would break out against the Chiefs. They've had our number the last 3 years, Carr specifically.  

Last year they played the chiefs after a bye and no one is better than Reid coming of a bye. Carr was coming off a finger injury in KC cold. Then there where some magic happening with the pass to Cooper. 

The chiefs got a lot of breaks playing against the raiders last year.

Lets not forget that Carr’s first win came against the chiefs. 

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

If we're honest, Cooper from weeks 2-6 is within the margin of error going back to last year and his rookie year. Inconsistency is part of his game at this point. 

Exactly.  This is who he was/is, as maddening as it is.  I mean, clearly its a slump too, but he does tend to disappear at times.

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind thought our offense would break out against the Chiefs. They've had our number the last 3 years, Carr specifically.  

I didn't think our whole offense would wake up, but I had a gut feeling Cooper would.  He has Peters' number, we needed a spark on offense in general, Downing needed to show he's capable, Carr needed someone to lean on.  It all adds up to planning a mega game for Cooper.  I wasn't expecting 200 yards, but I wasn't going to be shocked at like 80 yard on 7 catches and a TD or that kind of statline

Haven't been able to get on here as much as i like but just coming on to say that was a great game from both teams. Outside of the Lynch issue running onto the field it was a close one all the way to the end and those are games i like to watch. Shows what your team is made of. Now lets get a winning streak going. Buffalo and Miami next two games before our off week.

The offense came back to life against KC, but it should be noted that KC's defense is pretty weak. So be cautiously optimistic. The Bills this week will present a different challenge. This big win against KC means little if the team reverts back to earlier struggles in the next 2 weeks. 

IMO.... after losing 2 games at home, this squad needs to win 2 of the next 3 on the road against the AFC East.

A little late here but I just wanted to say that that will probably be the best game of any sport I will ever see LIVE (or on TV!). I'm so glad that i picked this game to go to out of all of them this year! Truly an incredible experience that I will never forget. The energy in the stadium was incredible...idk how it compares to other events but the noise was measured at about 120 dB on the scoreboard late 4th quarter. Ugh I wish I could experience something like that again lol. Everybody was hugging each other and giving high fives at the end. Raider Nation baby!

7 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

A little late here but I just wanted to say that that will probably be the best game of any sport I will ever see LIVE (or on TV!). I'm so glad that i picked this game to go to out of all of them this year! Truly an incredible experience that I will never forget. The energy in the stadium was incredible...idk how it compares to other events but the noise was measured at about 120 dB on the scoreboard late 4th quarter. Ugh I wish I could experience something like that again lol. Everybody was hugging each other and giving high fives at the end. Raider Nation baby!

That's awesome man. Happy you got to experience that first hand. You could feel the energy from that crowd sitting at home on the couch, so I can't imagine it being there. 

Archived