2021 Final Four: (1) Gonzaga vs (11) UCLA

beekay414

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

question: how would you rather your team lose in the final four?  in blowout fashion like houston or at the buzzer in OT like UCLA? Interesting to hear answers.  I personally would rather get blown out. It's less heartbreaking lol

Easily on a buzzer beater.  I'd rather know my team deserved to be there and was a bouncing ball away from moving on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

Gonzaga gets to set their defense during the timeout.  Allows late game scouting to be utilized.  What better play do you want than UCLA best player getting into the paint with the ball?

Calling a timeout does not ensure full use of the remaining time on the clock.

And what was the outcome? Juzang dribbling the ball up court and then pausing near half court for 2 seconds allowed Gonzaga's defense to get set either way which is why Timme was in position to take the charge.

ioMonsR.png

I just watched the final play of regulation again and there were literally 4 Gonzaga players in the paint around Juzang when he committed the charge. Jaquez and Campbell were both wide open at the 3 point line and Riley was open for a little dump off for a split second which would've resulted in a wide open layup. Jaquez didn't see it because UCLA's offense throughout the tournament was always milk the clock and isolate. 

Dy2sLM4.png