? Week Seven: Bucs (2-3) @ Bills (3-2)

deuces22wild

15 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i mean i dont think hes a Winston hater , maybe just fed up with Winston being inconsistent , and i have to agree i am too

i also had that injury to a worse extent and i had to be in a sling for months, so if he plays sunday i have to assume that the injury was bogus, i mean in my heart i do believe he was benched

but he did need it , he needs somehting to fire him up or get him playing better because we need him to step up and be the #1 pick we all need

He was the loudest pro-Mariota guy on the old board. He's been anti-Winston ever since.

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He was the loudest pro-Mariota guy on the old board. He's been anti-Winston ever since.

haha ive always been on the Mariota train i wont lie , i wanted him too

but it is what it is, i have no choice but to support Winston because  hes our QB, but he needs to start playing better , we have so many weapons! i just thought our offense would have really clicked this year

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Lol. Hater? I call it like I see it so sorry? 3rd year. Number 1 pick in 2015. Inconsistent and doesn't see the field well. Am I wrong pointing out what's on tape? 

I want to be wrong. Kinda sick of losing at this point. Too many missed opportunities. High expectations for this team. Winston was deemed americas QB and a top young qb in this league but he has not progressed. Don't show me his stats this year. Minnesota and New England he beefed up his yards late in the game. He's too hesitant and his timing is off  

I do blame the personnel staff for not getting him help in the running game and for not getting the defense a pass rush. He's not a franchise qb right now. Will he be? That remains to be seen. 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

haha ive always been on the Mariota train i wont lie , i wanted him too

but it is what it is, i have no choice but to support Winston because  hes our QB, but he needs to start playing better , we have so many weapons! i just thought our offense would have really clicked this year

This. Everything is there for him. People need to hold him accountable. He's playing horrible and missing opportunities left and right. Short and deep. 

I support him. There's clear evidence I want him to be our qb of the future. But he needs to prove it. Not say it. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

If he can drive on a pass like that, he's fine. I just hope he'll be able to do it 35 times.

24 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yeah he was benched last week :) 

yeah i hate to say it, but having had this injury myself, theres no way youre back in 1 week , let alone letting it rip like he did in that video....

21 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

This. Everything is there for him. People need to hold him accountable. He's playing horrible and missing opportunities left and right. Short and deep. 

I support him. There's clear evidence I want him to be our qb of the future. But he needs to prove it. Not say it. 

I will agree that we need to hold him accountable as he is not taking what the defense gives him, but I also want to take a shot at Bajakien, if they are not coaching him to take what the defense is giving him underneath..... Coming out Winstons issue was that he doesn't see underneath linebackers well which leads me to believe they are or have been coaching him to have the underneath route as his last progression. This is something that needs to be corrected.... Regarding Mariota, he seems to be struggling as well at this point in time and that's with an established running game.... Just saying

If we benched him, that's fine. But we also need to help him out a bit with play calling. In that blog I shared, they showed a play we ran against Arizona. We had a bunch on the left and Evans on the right. We ran max protect and only Evans and DJax ran routes; both deep. AZ dropped six into coverage. We run crap like that all the time. No QB would succeed with play calling like that 

Just now, SappDaddyDance said:

I will agree that we need to hold him accountable as he is not taking what the defense gives him, but I also want to take a shot at Bajakien, if they are not coaching him to take what the defense is giving him underneath..... Coming out Winstons issue was that he doesn't see underneath linebackers well which leads me to believe they are or have been coaching him to have the underneath route as his last progression. This is something that needs to be corrected.... Regarding Mariota, he seems to be struggling as well at this point in time and that's with an established running game.... Just saying

More often than not, there doesn't seem to be a guy running that short route over the middle.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we benched him, that's fine. But we also need to help him out a bit with play calling. In that blog I shared, they showed a play we ran against Arizona. We had a bunch on the left and Evans on the right. We ran max protect and only Evans and DJax ran routes; both deep. AZ dropped six into coverage. We run crap like that all the time. No QB would succeed with play calling like that 

yeah koetter needs to step it up.... or step down , as in maybe hes just doing to much now as the HC, let the OC take the play calling and he can worry about the other decisions.....like kicking damn XPs and not going for 2, or kicking field goals at the goal line before the half :D

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If he can drive on a pass like that, he's fine. I just hope he'll be able to do it 35 times.

What happens when he gets driven into the ground that 1st time? It's easy to rip throws in shorts with no one hitting you...

I really hope this doesn't turn into an Andrew Luck situation. I really hope he's close to 100%...

Archived