? Week Seven: Bucs (2-3) @ Bills (3-2)

deuces22wild

Where to start...

Before the season started I would have had this down as an easy win. Now I think this game will be a grind. Starting to come to terms with the fact that my hopes for this team were set too high in the offseason. Another year with coaching questions. Another year with Qb questions. Another year with def questions. Of the five teams we've played I consider the Pats the only good offensive team and we are sitting at 30th overall ranking on def.

Hopefully Dirk calls a better game this week. I would think long and hard about sitting Winston as well. Give his shoulder another week to rest and hopefully he can get his mind right. Doug should have his legs under him and I expect 25 plus touches for him.   

Koetter has struggled to score touchdowns against McDermott led defenses. Bills defense is nasty and they are at home so I don't it will be good day for the offense. I see a lot of FG kicking, a couple big gains via pass but that's it. Defense and field position will have to win us this game and after the Cardinals game, that's looking far fetched. On the bright side, the Bills don't have much talent at WR so no excuse for Hargreaves to get roasted for 5 weeks in a row. Think Bucs come up short in this game but it'll be a hard fought game.

This, combined with Smitty's openness about VHIII's struggles and giving Ryan Smith praise for his hard work makes me think we're gonna see a little less Hargreaves and a little more Smith this weekend. 

I don't think it'll be like the Pamphile/EDS rotation. But I expect Smith to get a decent amount of playing time.

I was listening to Justin pawloski the comish on joe Bucs fan. Good listen and he's not one who isn't a Jameis basher. 

When he pointed out going back to watching the film, he pointed out plays where winston is taking shots down the field forcing balls to Evans or Jackson , specifically the New England game and Minnesota, on those throws you'd see option two, three and 4 open for gains and he throws to players that are double covered. 

The whole discussion was scheme vs execution. And when you watch the games and tape, I'm pointing a lot of it towards execution. Koetter can do a better job establishing the run but licht did a pour job evaluating RBs in the offseason both in the FA pool, draft and our roster. 

Winston needs to start taking what the defense is giving him. He is the one that is holding this team back. 

Archived